E3 2014 June 10-12

SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With just over a month to go until this years E3 i thought i would make a thread about it. I can't believe it's been a year since last years event :o

As usual i am hoping for news on Shenmue 3 ( it will never happen i know, but i can dream :D ) and i am hoping SEGA pull their finger out and do something of interest.

What is everyone looking forward to and what new things do you expect to see, and is anyone actually lucky enough to be going ?

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it be amazing to go? I went to a PlayStation event in Dublin about 10 years ago. It blew my socks off. The scale of E3 would surely kill me.

I'm only a PlayStation gamer these days so I'm hoping for lots of PS4 news, announcements and videos. I expect big things from Square Enix on Final Fantasy XV.

I'll also keep a close eye on all things VR. It's something I'm very much interested in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm mainly interested in xbox one and ps4 games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release dates for games and features that have been promised for to long
    oh they are making uncharted 4 and quantum break, what do they want? a cookie for doing their jobs? how about they say the month these games will arrive and shut up until they are prepping for launch

Also the usual surprises and stuff, its not a good E3 without a couple of surprises from Sony, MS and ubisoft and a few false promises and epic announcements from EA
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Just the look of the new titles. Everything else always turns how to be unnecessary hype.
  • RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would love shenmue 3 too, i know i am dreaming though. In an ideal world SEGA would make it up to me by announcing a yakuza 5 western release, but i wont even get that.

I also wanna see a new metroid after playing the awesome guacamelee. A 2D one or a prime one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me some Xbox one games preferably D4, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Also hoping Nintendo announce something interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sega is gonna announce Dreamcast 2 and it's gonna blow every rival out of the water.

Well, one can dream :p:D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    For me some Xbox one games preferably D4, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Also hoping Nintendo announce something interesting.

We're almost sure to get a Sunset Overdrive release date! It's been confirmed as a launch title in China in September, so I'd hope we'd get it the same day/prior to that launch!

Looking forward to Wii U titles being announced... I can dream, I guess... Hoping for a Fatal Frame western release also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunset overdrive looks great from what I've seen. Surely Nintendo have to announce something.
    Forum Member
    Sega is gonna announce Dreamcast 2 and it's gonna blow every rival out of the water.

Well, one can dream :p:D

That would be AWESOME!
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Was hoping for Mass Effect 4, but i doubt Bioware will say anything before Dragon Age is out! :(

Im sure several other games will attract my attention.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is incredible wishful thinking but i'm hoping for even the tiniest shread of news about Kingdom Hearts 3. I will never forget the squeal I let out when they aired the demo trailer at Sony's press conference last year
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is incredible wishful thinking but i'm hoping for even the tiniest shread of news about Kingdom Hearts 3. I will never forget the squeal I let out when they aired the demo trailer at Sony's press conference last year

I don't think it is wishful thinking. This game is yet to get a release date and since we have known about it for a while now you may get your wish and hear more about it at E3.
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I hope bethesda get there finger out and finally announce a new fallout game.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An announcement regarding a new ResidentEvil OR SilentHill would be nice! :)
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I don't think it is wishful thinking. This game is yet to get a release date and since we have known about it for a while now you may get your wish and hear more about it at E3.

SE did say FFXV is been focused on first. But q nice trailer and an idea of a release date for KH would be nice.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully as a PS4 owner we will see some Uncharted 4 gameplay.

I would also like to see reveals for Just Cause 3, Far Cry 4 and a new Resident Evil game!

I might pick up an xbox One at Christmas time so I'm also looking forward to seeing what Microsoft have to offer. Hopefully a reveal of a new Gears of War title...
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F-Zero UX & Metroid Prime 4 would be amazing.

I also have a faint hope for Mass Effect 4 and maybe another sci-fi RPG, I really wish that we did see more of them.

I don't really care for Sony or MS at the moment, I've never been that big a fan of the Sony exclusives, and a new Halo or Gearsprobably a while off yet.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I would love to see:

Uncharted 4... Trailer/gameplay 'but after whats been going on with Naughty Dog I dont think we will :('

Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain New Trailer/Gameplay and a release date.

And Some new Games for PS4
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a game i am looking forward to seeing at E3 http://gamingeverything.com/star-wars-battlefront-confirmed-for-e3-appearance/

I am excited and worried at the same time for this game. I love Star Wars games and i am a big fan of the Battlefront series but when it's EA that is in charge it's hard not to worry. Because it's EA i am expecting a lot of glitches.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony's alleged plans for their E3 conference, courtesy of Dualshockers. Some of the details have been "confirmed" by multiple sources.

Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing ”In-engine” footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.

Media Molecule’s new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals.Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the ”Entwined” trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.

Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.

God of War 4 teaser will be present – will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP and generate excitement – also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date wont be announced.

Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.

Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.

Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared – unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft’s presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant – they are close to deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready At Dawn.

Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title – franchise hopes rest on its performance.

Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive – possible Heavenly Sword sequel which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.

Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They’re back with a bang,

Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting – very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.

Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.

Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast – spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.

Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It’s shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.

Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix will also be on stage pledging support for PS4.

Take Two may also be there, but if they aren't then Sony themselves will be confirming GTA V.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/07/sony-e3-conference-details-leaked-uncharted-guerrilla-games-media-molecule-and-much-more/

Hmmm... not sure if I'm convinced by all of that. Time will tell.
    Forum Member
    True or not true, it all sounds amazing.
    And it all sounds normal enough too. As in that's what I would be expecting.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orzie wrote: »
    I hope bethesda get there finger out and finally announce a new fallout game.

^ +infinite.

Plus I want to see some more The Witcher 3 gameplay.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a new Shenmue on Xbox One, PS4 and PC :D
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dream E3 would be Left 4 Dead 3 and Fallout 4 getting announced.