5. Kris
    6. Anoop
    7. Lil Rounds
    8. Scott
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Adam - just keeps on surpassing himself each week and I don't think we've still even seen his best yet, there's defo more and more to come.

Oh sorry, were there any other contestants performing on the same night as Adam?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    1. Adam - just keeps on surpassing himself each week and I don't think we've still even seen his best yet, there's defo more and more to come.

Oh sorry, were there any other contestants performing on the same night as Adam?

I absolutely agree, I actually read a book through all the other performances!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    1 matt
    2 kris
    3 allison
    4 danny
    5 adam
    6 anoop
    7 lil
    8 scott
  • Options
    Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    What on earth was Paula crying for? The two females wanted him saved, so basically they thought Scott was better than other people still in the competition.

Is it because of political correctness? And is he totally blind as he said of last nights performance "I'll have to watch the tape.

(put this in the wrong thread - please delete it)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

1. Adam Lambert
    2. Allison Iraheta

:)

3. Danny Gokey
    4. Matt Giraud

:confused:

5. Lil Rounds
    6. Kris Allen
    7. Anoop Desai

:eek:

8. Scott Macintyre
  • Options
    Early DoorsEarly Doors Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it because of political correctness? And is he totally blind as he said of last nights performance "I'll have to watch the tape.

He's partially sighted. He's got extreme tunnel vision so he can see a pinprick. I think he meant he would have to listen to himself.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-Adam-It's almost as though he knows he's going to win. I actually didn't like the song choice, but love his way of singing it.He managed to make it kind of interesting.Great tune, but vocally, not much to the original.He has the range and control to sing just about anything. I'd like to hear his take of Aerosmith-Dream On. It would be cool to hear it sung on one of these shows by someone who actually CAN sing it instead of strain for it.I loved the way he threw in how he'd never seen Simon stand for anyones performance, lol, way to dress up emphasizing how impressive it was as a humble statement.:D

2-Tie between Anoop and Alison.

Alison gave a nice rock vibe to her song choice instead of the usual oversung r&b renditions most singers deliver when singing this song in a misguided attempt to 'show their ability'. Her voice was strong,steady,near perfect timing and pitch-wise, and not forced.She is somewhat unique, and did a fantastic job of interpreting the song during this mellow but effective performance. I worry about her voice, because even when she speaks,her voice begs for mercy. There is a prominent rasp that, while not unpleasant, doesn't sound like it's coming from a healthy place. Get this girl a proper vocal coach,stat! She needs to save that cool sounding voice of hers.(keep the raspy quality, but lose the pushing her voice the wrong way ) Oh, and f@#$ you, Simon, she has a great personality!:p:cool:

Anoop-The way he sang showed both the beauty of his tone and just enough power/ability to project to make it legit and create interesting dynamics. He has a bit of a spoiled frat boy vibe about him, but at least he appologized. Not sure about him. Starting to kind of dislike his attitude, but he is a good singer all the same and has appeal when he gets it right. He needs to be more consistent, though from show to show.:)

(gap)

4Scott-I don't like the song he chose, but he obviously does and it came across in his performance.He has a good voice and great way of using it. By that I mean that he often can conceal from all but the closest listening the fact that he strains for some notes and to project, managing to still produce pleasing sounds.He was slightly flat in parts of this song. Points for playing the guitar even though it didn't really work for him.( I have to say, last week's song choice for him is a song that has always made me laugh in a warped way because Billy Joel wrote it for his first wife...'Don't go changing to try to please me, I love you just the way you are'.....then left her for an international supermodel.:eek::p ) Anyway, IMO Scott did reasonably well if not great this week.

5Lil-Arrrgh!!! She frustrates me because she really does have a very,very good voice. She has a gorgeous tone within her range, and also seems to have good instincts and potential adaptability. I loved that she sang 'I surender' last week. (I didn't have time to hop on these forums then, but though she didn't quite nail the song, she did reasonably well on what is one of the few Celine songs that really is very vocally challenging.Just want to give her credit for taking a risk last week.) I really like Lil, and would love to see her just let loose and be Lil. She needs to focus on performance skills, because no matter how good her voice is, which it is, it is the Mary J Blige-esque type of voice that there is an excess of in the industry. She needs to focus on tone, interpretation, and performance, as the vocal ability is apparent already and also apparently not enough as she was bottom 3.She seems to have some depth of character that could help her be more as a performer if she just lets it show.:):confused:

6Matt-I wasn't impressed with Melisma Timberlake. All the riffs he used and overused failed to hide the fact that , though he poseses a great deal of vocal agility, his voice is reasonably good but not great. He shouldn't try to sing out of his range, as it is screechy.Some may be fooled by the vocal gymnastis, which , when done appropriately, not over-done, and done by someone who also has a great tone and range, can be fantastic....but in Matt's case, it sounded overindulgent, and even slightly irritating. I realize others may well disagree with me on this one,but I just didn't enjoy it.

7Cris-Lenny Kravitz meets Maroon5. His vocal kept trailing off into a nasal whingey sound at the end of notes.He sounds like a good busker or pub rocker to me.He seems nice enough, and if he is also a songwriter and a good one, may do well, but as purely a singer/performer, he just isn't quite 'there' IMO.

8Danny-I didn't enjoy his amateur talent competition-esque rendition of a lounge version of this classic Ben E King song.Technically his voice is good, not amazing, but quite good. Still, he consistently delivers soulless bland karaoke renditions of songs, Michael Boltoning them and oversinging trying to convey power that isn't there. I can't help but thing 'hokey Gokey' when he talks, too.He makes the most of his reasonably impressive lounge rocker voice, but I just don't like it.
  • Options
    Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-Adam-It's almost as though he knows he's going to win. I actually didn't like the song choice, but love his way of singing it.He managed to make it kind of interesting.Great tune, but vocally, not much to the original.He has the range and control to sing just about anything. I'd like to hear his take of Aerosmith-Dream On. It would be cool to hear it sung on one of these shows by someone who actually CAN sing it instead of strain for it.I loved the way he threw in how he'd never seen Simon stand for anyones performance, lol, way to dress up emphasizing how impressive it was as a humble statement.:D

I agree. I don't dislike the song but right song choices are as much about picking a song that people like as about picking a song that you can make people like. The inflections and other nuances that Adam added to the basic melody made the song and transformed the performance from what could have been run of the mill to outstanding. There is something that makes you able to do things like that and it's called talent.

Unfortunately, I have memories of my favourite contestant from last year, Michael, going out on the week he sang 'Dream On'.

Simon has never given a standing ovation on AI before the final, has he? At least, I don't remember it and I don't remember there even being a standing ovation from him in every final. He has been more forthcoming with his standing ovations in XF but by his own admission, the talent on AI is higher so he is more demanding. However, the standing ovations in XF have been deserved, as was Adam's and then some.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Danny (F A N T A S T I C !) (I don't really care about the arrangement of everything)
    2. Allison (she was amazing!)

(medium gap)

3. Scott (I didn't see the problem tbh :o)
    4. Adam (liked it up until the last note)
    5. Matt (can't remember it but I think it was good)

(big gap)

6. Anoop (alright but still falls behind the others)
    7. Lil (I used to love her but she isn't living up to her excpectations)
    8. Kris (I really do like Kris, he is very likeable and one of my favourites but I was SO disappointed with his performance. Hopefully he'll improve next week :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Adam - In a league of his own, his voice control is just stunning. A beautiful, haunting performance filled with emotion, it almost brought me to tears.
    2. Allison - Great song choice, showed off the tone of her voice and allowed her to be more tender too. Amazing maturity for 16 years old. I don't agree with Simon that she needs to show more personality, I think she comes across really well.
    3. Matt - Another great song, entertaining and really good vocals. Glad to see him to back to wearing the hat, I think its really him.
    4. Anoop - Beautiful song, good vocals but just a bit dull. I enjoy his performances but I forget them straight away.
    5. Danny - Agree with Randy, I didn't like the arrangement at all. Solid vocals as always but I just can't warm to him.
    6. Kris - I hate it when they perform in the middle of the audience like that. I think he was overwhelmed by the crowd and the music. I actually can't even remember what he sang which says it all.
    7. Lil - It was like Stars In Their Eyes, she's in real danger if she doesn't get her identity back soon.
    8. Scott - Seriously he was hurting my ears. Lovely guy but out of his depth now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Adam (way ahead of the others)
    2) Allison (not so keen on the song but love her voice)
    3) Matt (really liked this)
    4) Danny (sorry Randy but i liked the arrangement)
    5) Anoop (cant remember it but remember liking it)
    6) Kris (one of my faves, but disappointed with him this week)
    7) Lil (Simon's right she's lost her identity, it was bad karaoke)
    8) Scott (Scott+Electric guitar+punk=a bad performance. he should have stuck with the piano)
  • Options
    sHAYneWARDsHAYneWARD Posts: 2,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k89 wrote: »
    4. Adam (liked it up until the last note)

What was wrong the with last note? It had the same plaintive quality as the rest of the song.
    glitzy wrote: »
    1. Adam - In a league of his own, his voice control is just stunning. A beautiful, haunting performance filled with emotion, it almost brought me to tears.
    2. Allison - Great song choice, showed off the tone of her voice and allowed her to be more tender too. Amazing maturity for 16 years old. I don't agree with Simon that she needs to show more personality, I think she comes across really well.
    3. Matt - Another great song, entertaining and really good vocals. Glad to see him to back to wearing the hat, I think its really him.
    4. Anoop - Beautiful song, good vocals but just a bit dull. I enjoy his performances but I forget them straight away.
    5. Danny - Agree with Randy, I didn't like the arrangement at all. Solid vocals as always but I just can't warm to him.
    6. Kris - I hate it when they perform in the middle of the audience like that. I think he was overwhelmed by the crowd and the music. I actually can't even remember what he sang which says it all.
    7. Lil - It was like Stars In Their Eyes, she's in real danger if she doesn't get her identity back soon.
    8. Scott - Seriously he was hurting my ears. Lovely guy but out of his depth now.

Thank you for saving me having to type all that out :D
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allison by a mile.

Adam I was disappointed by, partly because he'd already done the unplugged, sensitive thang in Motown week & partly because I hate that song.

He could have done "I love rock & roll", "Under Pressure" or best of all the Clash "Should I stay or should I go"...

I wanted to hear him belt again...