Options

AHS6 - Series Discussion

Comments

• Options
    1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one wasn't for me. I don't know I just didn't like the way it went.
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,682
    Forum Member
    This one wasn't for me. I don't know I just didn't like the way it went.

Yes I agree.

It was a great build up 5 episodes and I LOVED the idea of having all the characters being played by totally different actors part way through the season, but I'm really not a fan of the whole "Big Brother with a spooky twist" vibe.

I also don't like how it upfront said "Everyone dies but 1 person", I really would have preferred not knowing that, because it takes the shock out of the death scenes, but then again Ryan Murphy does enjoy spoiling his own shows.
  • Options
    1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree.

It was a great build up 5 episodes and I LOVED the idea of having all the characters being played by totally different actors part way through the season, but I'm really not a fan of the whole "Big Brother with a spooky twist" vibe.

I also don't like how it upfront said "Everyone dies but 1 person", I really would have preferred not knowing that, because it takes the shock out of the death scenes, but then again Ryan Murphy does enjoy spoiling his own shows.

Yes I agree and it's full of silly filler scenes like the wedding. I'll give next week another chance but if it stays the same I'm out. Disappointed how they have made a mess of this.
  • Options
    cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree.

Ahh that's a shame. I really liked that bit - it made me both jaw drop and LOL at the same time. Thought it was did something original and unexpected.

Is this the first ep that Angela Basset has directed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh that's a shame. I really liked that bit - it made me both jaw drop and LOL at the same time. Thought it was did something original and unexpected.

It just annoys me because Ryan Murphy has come out and effectively ruined Scream Queens by saying a major character dies every episode this season, and now he's more or less pulled the same thing with what looked set to be a thrilling series of AHS.

I mean I'll still watch to see who survives (for what it's worth, my money is on Matt, I reckon he struck a deal with the not-Lady Gaga witch, I mean Shelly revisited Roanoke to try and win back Matt, and Lee revisited Roanoke to try and clear her name, but it's interesting that Matt hasn't disclosed his reasoning for wanting to return), but I'm very disappointed that this great build up and mystery and "Oooh who will survive out of the actors and main roles" was essentially pulled from under me with just a split second line of text that popped up on screen.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking the same about Angela! A quick check on the imdb reveals this was her first directing gig on AHS, but she has directed before & produced on a number of projects. I've always liked her since Strange Days & was gutted she never got to play Storm in the X-Men franchise, she would've given Storm the presence required, which Halle Berry could never quite provide.

As for the episode... I loved it! So glad it's been turned on its head. That whole scene where Sidney interviews Agnes then reveals his true intentions to her was brilliant. Kathy Bates was hilarious. I'm still not scared by it, but, i'm enjoying it now.

I hope that Cricket comes back - "Have you ever heard of the term... Gay 4 pay...?":D
  • Options
    XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy Bates stole the show for me this episode. She was hysterical. That scene with her running round with that meat cleaver and aiming it for Pikachu was amazing. Maybe a dig at that Pokemon Go game? Lol

The only thing causing me confusion is on a previous episode, it was said that it was only during the 6 day period of the blood moon that th spirits could actually attack and cause harm.

Now, unless Sidney deliberately got them there a day early to start the "fun" sooner rather than later, how was it possible for Rory to get killed by the nurses? Surely they could haunt but not kill?
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a feeling what the twist was after reading theories. I still enjoyed it, though. Kathy Bates is such a great actress and I liked seeing who the other actors were. Anyway, I think this is turning out to be the best season since Murder House for me. I did find it hard to believe that Shelby and the other two would go back, but maybe they exaggerated their story a bit to gain some money or to cover-up Lee's husband's death or something.
  • Options
    Skittle BombSkittle Bomb Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering why Lady Gaga's actress persona isn't in the house either. Did I miss a reference to her not being there? Its a shame Leslie Jordan isn't back as his 'real' self too.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering why Lady Gaga's actress persona isn't in the house either. Did I miss a reference to her not being there? Its a shame Leslie Jordan isn't back as his 'real' self too.

I'm glad she isn't. :p I did wonder about Wes Bentley as well, though.
  • Options
    XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My theory now is that at least one of the actors/actresses is actually one of the spirits. They "live" forever technically so I'm thinking there is a possibility.

The only other thing I can think of that would make a really cool twist is that the role of the witch is someone from Coven. I don't know how that'd work completely but I think it'd be great.

At first, in the first episode where Kathy Bates got run over, I actually at first glance thought it was La Laurie
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer this direction
    actually jumped a few times haven't done that in a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    I much prefer this direction
    actually jumped a few times haven't done that in a long time.

Yes, I must admit that even though I wasn't a particularly big fan of this week's episode after all the build up, I did feel VERY on edge the entire time Evan Peters was looking around upstairs and in the wardrobes for the spirits.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I meant it's a bad attempt, not that it's bad on purpose (I assume).

Having seen Ep 6 now and the show within a show within a show concept the dodgy accent probably is deliberate after all.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the change in focus, although I enjoyed the reenactment too. I also don't mind the "everyone died except one" text - which also indicates we are watching a show again. My prediction is that Lee will be the survivor because then she could be blamed for all the deaths including her ex husbands.

Kathy Burke was the highlight and Sarah's comical accent.

I don't mind Gaga not coming back as the actress playing the witch, there were lots of "actors" not back for the new show.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So episode 6 was quite the turn around

This episode really showed a different side to the ever amazing Sarah Paulson.

As for no Gaga, i can imagine her schedule was hard to work around due to her new album. Thank god. So her appearances were likely limited this season.
  • Options
    .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great twist.

I hope Sarah Paulson is killed off next week just to get rid of that awful English accent.

Kathy bates, awesome as ever.

A few great scares in there, I jumped 😄

Really looking forward to next week.
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've loved the twist!

Evan Peters is for the first time playing a character I can't stand as Rory, but the scenes with the nurses reminded me too much of Murder House.
    I'm intrigued as to what Violet from Murder House is going to be playing! Knew someone would die during construction, and I guessed as soon as the assistant producer got in the car she would be dead.
    I like the premise. Kathy Bates really does steal the show but Sarah Paulson's British accent was inspired. Looking forward to the next episode and it hasn't been this anticipated since Murder House.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We still have Finn Wittrock and Matt Bomer's characters to meet as well.
  • Options
    Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wittrock will most likely playing the real Edward Mott.
  • Options
    whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed the change in focus, although I enjoyed the reenactment too. I also don't mind the "everyone died except one" text - which also indicates we are watching a show again. My prediction is that Lee will be the survivor because then she could be blamed for all the deaths including her ex husbands.

Kathy Burke was the highlight and Sarah's comical accent.

I don't mind Gaga not coming back as the actress playing the witch, there were lots of "actors" not back for the new show.

Ok - I must have missed this..............which one was Kathy Burke ?

Dave
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Ok - I must have missed this..............which one was Kathy Burke ?

Dave

Ha ha whoops Bates.

although Kathy Burke would be a good casting
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Ha ha whoops Bates.

although Kathy Burke would be a good casting

THAT WOULD BE AN INSPIRED PIECE OF CASTING! I'd pay for that.

Agnes pauses before murdering someone, saying , " I am 'avin' a faaaaag!":blush:
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Wow, that one was a shocker.

I wasn't expecting Shelby to kill Matt and I wasn't expecting Sidney to die this quickly, even if he had it coming though.

The real Butcher killing off Agnes though was a good way of ending this episode. Never meet your heroes, people.

The real Polks are genuinely scary as hell. I felt bad for Lee, Monet and Audrey, even if the latter's accent is grating on me though.

Dominic wants to be the reality TV baddie and he'll probably get his wish too.

Nice to see Finn Wittrock, even if it was too brief though, 8/10
  • Options
    Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The real Butcher looked scary as ****!

God I love Kathy Bates. Incredible actress. Her range in this episode was superb.