Options

Coming Soon

swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Thought it might be an idea to have a dedicated thread just for posting news about new shows or new seasons that are imminent

we often seem to get a thread about a show starting in 3 weeks time that gradually disappears off the front page because there's nothing much to say about it until it starts.......

So in this thread you can just post that a show is starting soon or returned and leave it at that if nobody else comments !

So.......just seen a trailer for 'Mars' a new six parter coming to the National Geographic channel in November. It's a scripted drama about a human mission to live on Mars with insert interviews from science experts.........

http://www.space.com/33630-national-geographic-mars-series-premiers-november.html

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple of new shows starting tonight

The Exorcist on SyFy at 9.00........I saw the original film at 'the pictures'. It was pretty scary......:o. I think I'll give this one a miss

Crazyhead on E4 at 9.00........dealing with a similar topic of demonic possession but in a more typical E4 comedy-drama style.. From the creator of 'Misfits' which I starting watching but gave up on. A couple of girls discover that they both have the power of glimpsing into the souls of the sentient undead and set about performing local exorcisms. Sinister and silly with occasonal brutality and raising some weighty issues around mental health

I probably won't watch this either but if I'm choosing I'd watch this over The Exorcist
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I won't be watching either! :D That exorcist trailer with the mum going into her daughter's bedroom where her daughter's sitting around the little table with her dolls, gave me the creeps.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walking dead season 7 starts next Monday 24th October 9pm on Fox

Supergirl Season 2 Sky 1 8pm Monday 24th October

Flash Season 3 Sky 1 8pm Tuesday 25th October

Arrow Season 5 Sky 1 8pm Wednesday 26th October

The Big Bang Theory Season 10 E4 8:30 pm Wednesday 19th October
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jedi matt wrote: »
    Walking dead season 7 starts next Monday 24th October 9pm on Fox

Supergirl Season 2 Sky 1 8pm Monday 24th October

Flash Season 3 Sky 1 8pm Tuesday 25th October

Arrow Season 5 Sky 1 8pm Wednesday 26th October

thanks for that

I knew about TWD but didn't know about Supergirl

Monday is shaping up to be a good night !
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imo, one of the best and underrated horror shows returns soon in the US.

Salem season 3 premieres November 2nd.

I wish netflix or someone would pick it up for the UK. Half the cast is british anyway.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 2 of Chicago Med starts on Sunday at 9pm on Universal
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 2 of Humans Channel 4 Sunday October 30th at 9PM

Channel Zero 5Star October 31st at 10PM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to follow Channel Zero on US pace. I won't bother if a UK channel have picked it up now. Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to follow Channel Zero on US pace. I won't bother if a UK channel have picked it up now. Thanks

You're welcome

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2016/10/5star-sets-uk-premiere-date-channel-zero/
  • Options
    Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Channel Zero 5Star October 31st at 10PM

Hadn't even heard about this. Sounds interesting...

Thanks!
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    The Expanse starts on Netflix on the 3rd November which is also the same day that Legends Of Tomorrow returns on Sky 1

Doctor Who spin off Class has started on Iplayer today and Black Mirror is already on Netflix along with Frequency!

By the way I watched Crazyhead and quite enjoyed it!

deadmancarl how is Chicago Med a cult,sci-fi or fantasy show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if The Expanse will turn up on SyFy ?.......or has it already been on ?
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I wonder if The Expanse will turn up on SyFy ?.......or has it already been on ?
    No it's not been on Syfy UK. I've read the books and have been looking out for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No The Expanse won't be on SyFy UK as they didn't but the UK rights for it!

The show is made by SyFy US but that is a totally different company to SyFy UK which is why you see SyFy US shows like The Magicans and Wynonna Earp end up on other UK channels

Netflix have first run rights to The Expanse then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's been pretty poor with UK channels/Netflix/Amazon picking up new shows as it seems that apart from Netflix they allow seem to be delaying picking up any new shows!

By the way does The Last Kingdom could as cult or fantasy?

As that's available on Netflix UK now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    It's been pretty poor with UK channels/Netflix/Amazon picking up new shows as it seems that apart from Netflix they allow seem to be delaying picking up any new shows!

By the way does The Last Kingdom could as cult or fantasy?
    !

I think it would count as historical rather than cult or fantasy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Last Kingdom is actually co-produced by Netflix now

BBC America were the original network for it. They renewed it for a second season. But prior to production, they dropped the show and Netflix are now co-producers. BBC2 will still air the show like they did before, but new episodes will be available on Netflix for those outside the UK.