I loathe Kara

OrexisOrexis Posts: 534
Forum Member
✭✭
Fast forward when she is on, she makes me get irrationally and ridiculously angry!! I shudder when she comes on, she is ruining the series single-handedly with her stupid gurns and "wacky" expressions. Randy please give the twerp a sharp, directed backhand across the chops for me PLEASE!!!

Sorry had to get that off my chest :rolleyes:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't loathe her but agree that she adds nothing to the show and her being there is pretty pointless and just takes up extra time. They don't need a fourth judge
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She never says anything much different from Paula but at least Paula is wacky and so slightly more entertaining.
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara & Randy are the only two who know what they're talking about. Paula talks sh*t, I FFW her, & Simon, being musically inept, just goes on whether a contestant is cool.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for her - I think shes just a bit new girl in town and is getting stick because she hasnt really come in and made the massive influence people expected. The panel was unchanged for so long, anyone who came in had a massive job on their hands, and she hasnt really delivered. I think if she had joined in the second season on something, there wouldnt have been much of a problem.
  • Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loathe is too strong a word. I just think she is pointless. She has made no worthwhile contribution. She always comes across as very insincere in her positive critiques as well except for her favoured contestants.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's an amazing writer/producer though, so at least the winner is garanteed someone really talented to work on their album. Plus, isn't she going to write the winner's song?
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (The following is adapted from a post I made elsewhere)

I certainly don't loathe her, I don't know her and I certainly don't feel like I know anything about her personality from this show. I really want her to do well and she judges reasonably well. But that's not what it's all about otherwise Cheryl Cole wouldn't be such a success on XF. Kara just doesn't have a role or any distinguishing character features. She's got no relationships with the other judges, she doesn't add much to the existing critiques and any hope that she might be a potential successor to Simon has been totally dashed. The only notable bonds she had with contestants were Joanna Pacitti who got chucked out and bikini girl.

It's almost like they've hired her just to judge... which from a TV making perspective is insane! And so I'm inclined to think it's not entirely her fault. She's trying really hard to say something interesting, to appear interesting and to be noticed which is probably causing this "wacky" approach. When it's her turn, it's like the spotlight is suddenly on her and she's "performing". Fair enough, articulate your words (a second Paula would be a bad idea!) but everything is just so forced. She's had some "WTF?!" moments as a result of that. Generally, she's lacking a "judging style".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started a similar thread when this series started so i wont repeat my rantings except to say that at this point in the series she has proven to be even more useless than worst thought. There have been some real cringe moments i have to say.

I loved how she got heckled by the audience when she started churning out the same old tripe about what songs she would have liked to hear them sing - THAT'S NOT ADVICE YOU STUPID BINT!

I'm really hoping this is the last we see of her. Wonder how well she's gone down in the states?
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if they bring her back.

Paula's contract is up this year, but I really hope she stays. I can't really imagine a Simon/Randy/Kara panel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    Kara & Randy are the only two who know what they're talking about. Paula talks sh*t, I FFW her, & Simon, being musically inept, just goes on whether a contestant is cool.

I agree, I usually agree with everyone apart from Paula, she's nuts.