Fantasy Football Manager 2011-12 (Part 2)

fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
Forum Member
✭✭
Make an offer ;). I do genuinely mean cheap though.

admin edit: This thread is a continuation of Fantasy Football Manager 2011-12.

Comments

• Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    Ha. I was wondering when this was going to be split. For anyone outside the game, this is currently a closed game, but PM me if you are interested in any future additional leagues. :)
    Forum Member
    I've just realised something silly i did. I selected "attacking" this week as my mentality. I messed up the codes for my particular team which means it has been set as "defensive". Don't worry Bally, i won't be changing it back. I know exactly where the mistake came from and it was my own fault, but it is so unlucky because it is the difference between 1-1 and 0-1. :p

I still have my fingers crossed though that Carroll, Johnson or Carragher can get me something. 2 goals from Carroll could give me the win.
    Forum Member
    Also, forgot to mention a goal, and probably one of the most important of the season. O'Shea's 2nd goal conceded on top of Simon's defensive penalty means that Yakutzenal has come from behind to lead Simonics. The goal is likely to be enough to hand Yakutz the win and a return to form for Yakutzenal means they will cut the lead to 3 points and move second along with Fab, as it stands.

Yakutzenal 2-1 Simonics
    (Aguero)
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, who'd have thought this would make part 2 at the start of the season :).
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Wow, who'd have thought this would make part 2 at the start of the season :).

Where's the faith fab. :p Over half the posts are from just me and you though. lol :D
  • Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    Is there any way I could make bit 2-2 with just the Fulham-Liverpool game left?
    Forum Member
    Simon1984 wrote: »

Well Gerrard is your last player left and he is still injured. David Dunn will be subbed in and he hasn't scored any points this week.

The only way you can score is in one of the following scenarios.

Kelly plays 90 mins and concedes 3
    Kelly plays less than 87 mins and concedes 2
    Kelly plays less than 43 mins and concedes 1

So realistically you want Kelly not to start and come on as a 2nd half sub.
    Forum Member
    Simon1984 wrote: »

By the way Simon, do you have access to the matchday page? If not, i can explain each week where the points are coming from. It won't take much effort on my part. It is a bit awkward for you, so anything i can do to help i'm happy to do. You must wonder why you do so well each week if you can't see it. :p
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Google thinks Dempsey's going to have a good night. :D

I expect Kelly won't play again and Samba will come on, which should leave Simon excruciatingly close to that second goal.
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    Looks like Google thinks Dempsey's going to have a good night. :D

I expect Kelly won't play again and Samba will come on, which should leave Simon excruciatingly close to that second goal.

Yes. I won't tell him how close. :p The Dempsey thing was me fiddling around with scenarios. Looks like 2 goals from Dempsey will give you a 3rd, assuming Kelly doesn't play as expected.

It'll make for a very interesting 2nd half if Kelly comes on with 40 mins left. :D
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Ha. I was wondering when this was going to be split. For anyone outside the game, this is currently a closed game, but PM me if you are interested in any future additional leagues. :)

I was thinking the other day, when someone mentioned relegation form, that we could have 2 divisions if we found 10 more to play next season. 2 up, 2 down or something. Maybe the second division could use Championship players.
    I've just realised something silly i did. I selected "attacking" this week as my mentality. I messed up the codes for my particular team which means it has been set as "defensive". Don't worry Bally, i won't be changing it back. I know exactly where the mistake came from and it was my own fault, but it is so unlucky because it is the difference between 1-1 and 0-1. :p

I still have my fingers crossed though that Carroll, Johnson or Carragher can get me something. 2 goals from Carroll could give me the win.

I don't think your mistake makes any difference yet does it? Your only attacking points are from assists which are always 3pts anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the faith fab. :p Over half the posts are from just me and you though. lol :D

At least the time I put in reflects in my teams performance :).
    BrumBall wrote: »

I don't think your mistake makes any difference yet does it? Your only attacking points are from assists which are always 3pts anyway.

I think season needs to go back and re read his own rulebook, this is becoming a habit :D.
    Forum Member
    I was thinking the other day, when someone mentioned relegation form, that we could have 2 divisions if we found 10 more to play next season. 2 up, 2 down or something. Maybe the second division could use Championship players.

Ahh...very good point. At least i don't need to blame myself then.

I do plan to at some point have a 2nd league. I think it is too late to do relegation, but might be a cool idea for the future. Any future leagues will have premier league players, because it'll be so much harder to run a championship version of the game. A few weeks ago i was trying to get my friends to agree to play in a second league, so that may still happen at some point.
    Forum Member
    At least the time I put in reflects in my teams performance :).

I think season needs to go back and re read his own rulebook, this is becoming a habit :D.

Ha. I tend to overlook things. I'm usually doing a million things at once. :p Like right now i should really be doing some of the 1,200 words essay i have in for tomorrow. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think season would have to be paid for this to put that much time in :D. You could expand the league out to add a couple more teams if other people are interested but including Championship players would be a step to far.
    Forum Member
    I think season would have to be paid for this to put that much time in :D. You could expand the league out to add a couple more teams if other people are interested but including Championship players would be a step to far.

Don't worry, i do have plans to make the game available to more people next season, but it would mean making everything more efficient. This game isn't all that bad to run, last years game was much, much worse. This can be quite fun, whereas that game just became completely tedious by the 3rd or 4th week. Not to forget i had already ran a daily version during the world cup. :rolleyes: Don't know what i was thinking. :D

P.S don't worry i don't need paying. :p I probably enjoy this as much as anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do plan to at some point have a 2nd league. I think it is too late to do relegation, but might be a cool idea for the future. Any future leagues will have premier league players, because it'll be so much harder to run a championship version of the game. A few weeks ago i was trying to get my friends to agree to play in a second league, so that may still happen at some point.

I take it the 2nd league would have a different set of premier league players? By this I mean Nani would be in both leagues rather than just 1 of them. Spreading premier league players between 2 leagues of teams would seriously weaken the quality of each team.

Also if you were thinking of doing relegation and promotion I think there should be some sort of reward for the managers who did the best the previous season. Could be something simple like 1st place gets the 1st pick in the draft next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha. I tend to overlook things. I'm usually doing a million things at once. :p Like right now i should really be doing some of the 1,200 words essay i have in for tomorrow. :o

If you ever need me to explain the rules of your game to you just let me know ok? :D
    Forum Member
    I take it the 2nd league would have a different set of premier league players? By this I mean Nani would be in both leagues rather than just 1 of them. Spreading premier league players between 2 leagues of teams would seriously weaken the quality of each team.

Also if you were thinking of doing relegation and promotion I think there should be some sort of reward for the managers who did the best the previous season. Could be something simple like 1st place gets the 1st pick in the draft next season.

Yeah i have lots of ideas bouncing around my head. I'm sure i'll sort something out. Any extra leagues would be separate and have the same set of players. It wouldn't be possible any other way.
    Forum Member
    If you ever need me to explain the rules of your game to you just let me know ok? :D

The hardest part is working out which rules i actually entered into the game and which ones are just in my head. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, i do have plans to make the game available to more people next season, but it would mean making everything more efficient. This game isn't all that bad to run, last years game was much, much worse. This can be quite fun, whereas that game just became completely tedious by the 3rd or 4th week. Not to forget i had already ran a daily version during the world cup. :rolleyes: Don't know what i was thinking. :D

P.S don't worry i don't need paying. :p I probably enjoy this as much as anyone.

Yeah it got alot smoother after you changed the source. The world cup one was an awesome game :cool:.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member

if we have more then 10 players it will be impossible for it to be only premier league based because of lack of players. can we have a league of 20 team with home and away fixtures and 2 leagues of team involved such as la liga and premier league.
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    if we have more then 10 players it will be impossible for it to be only premier league based because of lack of players. can we have a league of 20 team with home and away fixtures and 2 leagues of team involved such as la liga and premier league.

Home and away thing is one of those things i have considered for next year. I don't want to talk too much about different ideas though in case i confuse people or decide to bin an idea.

Any seperate leagues will be completely cutoff. So they will have 10 teams each and 2 Nani's, 2 Aguero's, etc. There is a reason i only have 10 teams; it is because it would be very difficult to pick a full 11 with 20.
    Forum Member
    Yeah it got alot smoother after you changed the source. The world cup one was an awesome game :cool:.

It would've been just as smooth with the old one, had FPL not completely revamped their site, destroying all my information pouching formulas. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i have lots of ideas bouncing around my head. I'm sure i'll sort something out. Any extra leagues would be separate and have the same set of players. It wouldn't be possible any other way.

Have other people approached you about joining the game?