The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An article has just appeared on the unrealitytv blog entitled "Jedward are heartbroken after the death of their grandfather but seem to be hiding it well!".

It shows an old photo of the boys looking really happy, and goes on to quote some of their tweets from this morning.

Am I being oversensitive or is that journalist being really nasty?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InVy wrote: »
    Verka Serduchka from Ukraine was 2 though but she was and is very popular in Russia and around. Grannies are less popular and songs of Serduchka are often good not the case with grannies.

Indeed InVy, and that was with 100% televoting. The only problem with the grannies is that their song is very weak, as visually it's a great gimmick.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    An article has just appeared on the unrealitytv blog entitled "Jedward are heartbroken after the death of their grandfather but seem to be hiding it well!".

It shows an old photo of the boys looking really happy, and goes on to quote some of their tweets from this morning.

it is clearly is meant as a dig at them. but they aren't the sort to plaster their private grief all over everywhere, especially not on twitter. they know we care, that's what matters.
  • InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »

And no, I don't want to 'Americanize' or 'Xfactorize' Eurovision... I was simply saying that it would be great if Eurovision would produce another international hit. And wouldn't it be great if that hit was Waterline. ;)

the last interntional hit was years ago - may be Celine Dion or if not Abba and that's all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Indeed InVy, and that was with 100% televoting. The only problem with the grannies is that their song is very weak, as visually it's a great gimmick.

You never know with the juries, everybody thought last year that the jury vote would "kill" Lipstick and at the end of the day, Lipstick was the 6th favourite song by the juries.
    River_Tam wrote: »
    but they aren't the sort to plaster their private grief all over everywhere, especially not on twitter. they know we care, that's what matters.
    Their short and simple tweet yesterday moved me to tears. Sometimes you don't need words to say some things...

The twins are the bookies' 5th favourite act to win Eurovision http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/eurovision/winner
    (Serbia and Sweden haven't chosen their songs yet)
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    it is clearly is meant as a dig at them. but they aren't the sort to plaster their private grief all over everywhere, especially not on twitter. they know we care, that's what matters.

I'm absolutely disgusted that anyone could go so low as to write an article like that.. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You never know with the juries, everybody thought last year that the jury vote would "kill" Lipstick and at the end of the day, Lipstick was the 6th favourite song by the juries.

The grannies can do really well, probably top 10 or maybe top 5 : I'd be surprised if they won Eurovision though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the writer is mocking the grief of the twins, that is bang out of order and highly unprofessional.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the writer is mocking the grief of the twins, that is bang out of order and highly unprofessional.

She is, its awful..I can't link it here...but I'll try ..please everyone comment if you can ..it needs to be put right..

unreality tv. co.uk/x-factor/jedward-are-heartbroken-after-the-death-of-their-grandfather-but-seem-to-be-hiding-it-well/#comment-504077 (just add www. infront & close the spaces)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    She is, its awful..I can't link it here...but I'll try ..please everyone comment if you can ..it needs to be put right..

unreality tv. co.uk/x-factor/jedward-are-heartbroken-after-the-death-of-their-grandfather-but-seem-to-be-hiding-it-well/#comment-504077 (just add www. infront & close the spaces)

The more I think about it, the more angry I get. It's the worst thing I have ever read about J&E - and that's saying something!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more angry I get. It's the worst thing I have ever read about J&E - and that's saying something!

I'm so cross, I am sitting here fuming..what right does anyone have to judge how somebody else mourns....its critising them on a very deep personal level....:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call this person a 'journalist' anyway. The site seems to be more of a blog and is probably run by just one or two people, or just her on her own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so cross, I am sitting here fuming..what right does anyone have to judge how somebody else mourns....its critising them on a very deep personal level....:mad:

I totally agree, so unrespectful. I really hope they won't read it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Blogs are just out to make money. I can't access this at work, but are there any advertisers on the site we could complain to? I think when things get that far, all you can do is hit them in the pocket, otherwise they won't care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call this person a 'journalist' anyway. The site seems to be more of a blog and is probably run by just one or two people, or just her on her own.

The trouble is, lots of people read it, and take it at face value :(
    I totally agree, so unrespectful. I really hope they won't read it

Thats my worry, I would really hate them to see it :(
    Blogs are just out to make money. I can't access this at work, but are there any advertisers on the site we could complain to? I think when things get that far, all you can do is hit them in the pocket, otherwise they won't care.

I'd be willing to write a letter/email of complaint, if I knew who to send it to...I think its actually quite damaging what is being implied...I've also, on re-reading it, noticed that there is a mild suggestion that the death of their grandfather is somehow connected to their single rising in the charts :mad:.... it wouldn't hurt to try to get the whole article removed...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At the moment I can see hmv.com and Vaseline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment I can see hmv.com and Vaseline.

This company was advertising on there just now rather ironically

http://www.whsquires.co.uk/contact.html

I wonder if they would want to be associated with such an insensitive peice?
    Forum Member
    Twitter campaign against hmv anyone?

EDIT: If Irish, perhaps making it clear that you'll buy the single / new album from a competitor when it comes out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter campaign against hmv anyone?

EDIT: If Irish, perhaps making it clear that you'll buy the single / new album from a competitor when it comes out!

I've already had a run in with HMV :o I'm not really a trouble maker ...but they refused to stock Victory in the UK so I complained ....quite a bit :o

Although HMV.com is a slightly different company isn't it? OK.. just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it :)

* Just seen this: some of the ads on the page are run by adsense..I used to use them on my website and they don't like complaints ;)

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/static.py?hl=en&gl=GB&client=ca-pub-3914434444747696&ts=1631343&page=ts.cs&adU=www.formmodels.co.uk&rd=3&contact=abg_afc&url=http:%2F%2Fwww.*******************%2Fx-factor%2Fjedward-are-heartbroken-after-the-death-of-their-grandfather-but-seem-to-be-hiding-it-well%2F&adT=Fashion+Models+Wanted
    Forum Member
    I've already had a run in with HMV :o I'm not really a trouble maker ...but they refused to stock Victory in the UK so I complained ....quite a bit :o

Although HMV.com is a slightly different company isn't it? OK.. just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it :)

* Just seen this: some of the ads on the page are run by adsense..I used to use them on my website and they don't like complaints ;)

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/static.py?hl=en&gl=GB&client=ca-pub-3914434444747696&ts=1631343&page=ts.cs&adU=www.formmodels.co.uk&rd=3&contact=abg_afc&url=http:%2F%2Fwww.*******************%2Fx-factor%2Fjedward-are-heartbroken-after-the-death-of-their-grandfather-but-seem-to-be-hiding-it-well%2F&adT=Fashion+Models+Wanted

Interesting. I think it's a stretch to say it violates AdSense's policies, but I think if you say that you wouldn't visit any advertisers on that site as a result of its content they might take notice. Given that AdSense is tailored by Google it would make sense to target them and not individual advertisers... I won't get the chance to do this at work and I'm out the rest of the week, but when I get the chance I might do this, particularly if it's a mass campaign!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect the author will issue an apology. The article was crass and insensitive and impossible to defend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect the author will issue an apology. The article was crass and insensitive and impossible to defend.

I've also put in a complaint to the site admin.. Here ..An appology would be something at least..I can't believe anybody could be so insensitive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've also put in a complaint to the site admin.. Here ..An appology would be something at least..I can't believe anybody could be so insensitive

I suspect the site admin is same person who wrote the piece (she calls herself the editor on the site info page), but it's a good idea to write to her there anyway.

I wonder why digitalspy won't let us link to that site? Do they see them as competitors?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect the site admin is same person who wrote the piece (she calls herself the editor on the site info page), but it's a good idea to write to her there anyway.

I wonder why digitalspy won't let us link to that site? Do they see them as competitors?

Probably..Reality TV is a bit part of DS's remit..so its probably not somewhere they want users disappearing off to....either that or they know its cr*p
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.*******************/unreality-tv-meet-the-team/

(replace stars with the website name)

Hmmm - It looks as if b*tch McGarry is the "owner" of Unreality TV. As such we probably have nobody in that company to complain to.

There are quite a few sites we can't link to via DS - what you might call "competitor" sites mainly.
This discussion has been closed.