Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 9)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
shhftw wrote: »
Shot on target, Carrol knocks down for Gerrard. End product - better, but still no real power and at the keeper.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1611199

Comments

• SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
      Forum Member
      How depressing is this?

At this rate we'll be lucky to finish 7th
    • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      No pace in the side and the ball is just moved so slowly. Its just so pedestrian and i dont know what training is like but if its like this then it must be so damn boring. If u want creative dynamic players with technical ability you look outside the UK!! We are an average side with too many average players sliding into mid table mediocrity.

Charlie Adam is a joke. I thought he we would do ok but his awful. No awareness and couldn't trap a ball in cement. Show him the door!!
    • SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      This performance epitomises everything that is wrong at the moment with LFC. As a fan this is heartbreaking :(.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      We have but one M.O.

Pass to Gerrard. Gerrard takes the shot. It's being charged down because Sunderland know what is coming. Dire stuff. :yawn:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      4 minutes to snatch something....
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Kelly (eventually) to Gerrard. Gerrard to Kuyt. Kuyt to.....Gerrard (backwards). Gerrard loses hospital ball from Kuyt.

FFS :mad:
    • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Very disappointing day to be a LFC fan. Something needs to be done as a matter of urgency. Do the players think we've won a trophy and so pressure's off now? We badly need new players, since the ones we've paid so much for have done very little for us.

It's just determining whether the excellent players will actually consider playing for Liverpool at the moment. Europa League due to winning the CC may help a little, but 4th was the goal and it's gone now.
      Forum Member
      Surely someone up above must be looking at this at least a slightly bit concerned? John W Henry said not achieving 4th would be disappointing. I can't see him being happy seeing as in 7th place with the likes of Sunderland close behind

People may say this is knee jerk, but I honestly can't see Kenny taking us further and if this form continues I'll be surprised if he's still at the club next season. Poor tactics. Poor signings

Losing 3 games in a row? Relegation form
    • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Surely someone up above must be looking at this at least a slightly bit concerned?

People may say this is knee jerk, but I honestly can't see Kenny taking us further and if this form continues I'll be surprised if he's still at the club next season. Poor tactics. Poor signings

Losing 3 games in a row? Relegation form

Well to be honest I don't think Kenny was ever a permanent solution. The owners are bound to look for a new manager sooner or later. Kenny said himself he'd remain in charge as long as it was good for the club. He himself is very good for the club, but the points aren't being won and something needs to be done about it.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Andy Carroll not 9ft tall to reach cross. Miracle recovery from Gerrard, Kuyt not alive to it.

We have been worse than 2nd best today - I wouldn't give us third best team. Haven't wanted to comment once about the refereeing, they were 2nd best team. :mad: :(
    • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
      Forum Member
      we are on our way to finishing mid table!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Unigal07 wrote: »
      Very disappointing day to be a LFC fan. Something needs to be done as a matter of urgency. Do the players think we've won a trophy and so pressure's off now? We badly need new players, since the ones we've paid so much for have done very little for us.

It's just determining whether the excellent players will actually consider playing for Liverpool at the moment. Europa League due to winning the CC may help a little, but 4th was the goal and it's gone now.
      Unigal07 wrote: »
      Well to be honest I don't think Kenny was ever a permanent solution. The owners are bound to look for a new manager sooner or later. Kenny said himself he'd remain in charge as long as it was good for the club. He himself is very good for the club, but the points aren't being won and something needs to be done about it.

I shied away from this the other week but I have to concur. Comolli should go already. Leave KD in charge until the end of the season - something is not right because we are consistently turning players with potential into losers. It's like the end of Benitez. It's extremely sad. We were saved from financial meltdown but the football is going the same way. The current setup is failing. FSG will throw more money down the toilet with this setup.

Action. And now, before we really do slide into mediocrity.
    • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
      Forum Member
      At this rate Liverpool will be lucky to finish in the top half.

Does Comolli still think only 1 or 2 players are needed?
    • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,065
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I did say this would crystallise opinions!

In the long run this may be for the best. It's far better that we go into the summer with the position crystal clear - no ambiguity about where we are.

When we look back long term, today will prove to be the biggest day of the season.

It's the day when everyone now knows where we stand.
      Forum Member
      It's March and we have one league win in 2012 :eek:

Does anyone watch LFCTV ? I'm watching the Match phone in show and it's quite hilarious how the presenters try to find excuses for our performances "but the pitch wouldn't have helped"
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Adam and Henderson should be nowhere near the squad for the derby on Tuesday night as they show zero the passion and the ability needed for LFC in the PL.
      We've been this flat in league matches ever since the se-/9 of the season when we finished 2nd. Rafa had the excuse of being in conflict with dumb and dumber to distract him but losing Alonso from the club and then Torres becoming a shadow of his goalscoring self added to our downfall. The transfers brought in by Hodgson added to our midfield mediocrity and letting Masch go has looked to be as damaging to the middle of the park as Xabi leaving was.
      Since then , our midfield purchases have been an utter disaster. Aqualani was a sick note from day one and looked like a frightened child whenever he did pull on an LFC shirt. Meireles proved to be a mercenary show pony , got a good goal away to Chelsea but rode on the coat tails of the odd decent performance under Hodgson then Kenny. Poulsen and Cole ,the less said the better.
      Kenny and Comolli themselves aren't to escape the blame. Hand on heart ,Henderson and Downing have looked out of their depth for the majority of the season. Adam has looked out of his depth for the whole campaign. Midfield , both in defence and attack has been poor and Lucas injury has exacerbated the situation.
      This'll be the third woeful league season in a row. I really want
      to know what happened to the team once Kenny got the post full time last May. Up to that point we built up to being very attack minded and clinical under KD. I'm disappointed that we don't seem to see Maxi out there along with Suarez , Gerrard and Belamy in games where we need to go for it.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      And just think we we went life and death v Cardiff and scraped a win in a pen shoot out. Serious questions need answering now? The league form is relegation material.
    • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
      Forum Member
      It's March and we have one league win in 2012 :eek:

Does anyone watch LFCTV ? I'm watching the Match phone in show and it's quite hilarious how the presenters try to find excuses for our performances "but the pitch wouldn't have helped"

LFCTV, like all football club channels, often resembles a Branch Davidian meeting.
    • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
      Forum Member
      Having a little read through the Man United thread...it's nice to see they're so interested in us. :p

I still haven't lost faith in Kenny. If I point fingers towards any individual I'd have to go for Comolli. I hope Kenny doesn't take his opinion too serious and actually does buy some serious talent. Comolli has always worried me when it came to having his own opinion on players and that opinion overruling the manager.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for both Dalglish and Comolli and they do buy big in the Summer. Man United fans love mentioning us spending big but they'll always find something to pick at anyway. They'll just find something else to moan about if we actually do buy proper talent.
    • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Adam and Henderson should be nowhere near the squad for the derby on Tuesday night as they show zero the passion and the ability needed for LFC in the PL.We've been this flat in league matches ever since the se-/9 of the season when we finished 2nd. Rafa had the excuse of being in conflict with dumb and dumber to distract him but losing Alonso from the club and then Torres becoming a shadow of his goalscoring self added to our downfall. The transfers brought in by Hodgson added to our midfield mediocrity and letting Masch go has looked to be as damaging to the middle of the park as Xabi leaving was.
      Since then , our midfield purchases have been an utter disaster. Aqualani was a sick note from day one and looked like a frightened child whenever he did pull on an LFC shirt. Meireles proved to be a mercenary show pony , got a good goal away to Chelsea but rode on the coat tails of the odd decent performance under Hodgson then Kenny. Poulsen and Cole ,the less said the better.
      Kenny and Comolli themselves aren't to escape the blame. Hand on heart ,Henderson and Downing have looked out of their depth for the majority of the season. Adam has looked out of his depth for the whole campaign. Midfield , both in defence and attack has been poor and Lucas injury has exacerbated the situation.
      This'll be the third woeful league season in a row. I really want
      to know what happened to the team once Kenny got the post full time last May. Up to that point we built up to being very attack minded and clinical under KD. I'm disappointed that we don't seem to see Maxi out there along with Suarez , Gerrard and Belamy in games where we need to go for it.

The first bit bolded relates to the 2nd bit for me. I totally agree Henderson in particular shouldn't be near the game, but to be honest I've said that most of the season (and on occasion been told to give him a chance etc, he's had plenty ffs). That leads to the 2nd bit - Kenny keeps playing him :confused: Seriously after that awful performace from Henderson in the Carling Cup, he's still started both games since...now come on....same can be said of others they have blatantly under performed yet Kenny continues to choose them. Surely this sends out the wrong message?

To be 27 points off top in a season when Arsenal & Chelsea have been poor too is pathetic, Rafa was slaughtered by some for being less points than that behind, so Kenny can't go unscathed on critisism here.

Commoli - well clearly signings under him have not turned out well overall, saying we dont need much more is a joke. Although time to ship out before bringing in, no point keeping players who clearly are not up to the job of playing for LFC.

I hope Kenny can get us the FA cup now I really do as I adore the man but for me only a cup double may see him stay in charge.
      Forum Member
      Surely if you blame Comolli you've got to blame Kenny too for the signings? Comolli has always said that they work together when bringing in new players

I wouldn't trust either of them with any money in the Summer as I fear we'd end up wasting more money on Henderson, Downing, Carroll and Adam type signings
    • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      :rolleyes:
      TheMunch wrote: »
      Having a little read through the Man United thread...it's nice to see they're so interested in us. :p

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for both Dalglish and Comolli and they do buy big in the Summer. Man United fans love mentioning us spending big but they'll always find something to pick at anyway. They'll just find something else to moan about if we actually do buy proper talent.

They bought big last summer though, hasn't helped. I remember fans saying they didnt want europa league as it would jeopardise a title challenge lol. No europe this season and we are fighting a mid table battle not a championship challenge.

We could have bought Darius Henderson for £100,000 and he'd have scored as many as Caroll, we could have played Raheem Sterling and he'd have done no worse than Henderson has. It's the "right" players we need not over-priced one's.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      TheMunch wrote: »

I still haven't lost faith in Kenny. If I point fingers towards any individual I'd have to go for Comolli. I hope Kenny doesn't take his opinion too serious and actually does buy some serious talent. Comolli has always worried me when it came to having his own opinion on players and that opinion overruling the manager.

They are criticising us from those heady heights of being the English champions and losing their last home game to the 5th best side in Spain at present , in Europes secondary competition:D
      I just hope that when we're back in Europe , we don't embarrass ourselves as they've done this season , given their squad experience and strength in comparison to ours.

Buying big and the right players is essential this summer. I wouldn't be disappointed to see Adam , Downing and Cole of our wage bill by next season. I'm a bit torn in Henderson and Carroll to be honest ,both still young enough to improve but boy do we need to see signs of that before May
      The expectancy may have lowered but I do feel we need to give Kenny until May 2013 when he has the contract until. Maybe better midfield and wide reinforcements this summer will have us at least in the mix for a CL place next term.
    • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
      Forum Member
      I hope Carroll stays, at least he's shown some kind of progress.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      You can't pin it all on commoli. The manager would of approved the signings
    This discussion has been closed.