Options

Doctor Who: Flatline - 18/10/2014 (BBC One/HD-8:25pm) Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I liked how the writer did last weeks episode and am hoping this one is just as good. I also hope it is not too Clara heavy because I personally prefer more doctor and less companion, even though I like Jenna. I just prefer watching Peter and with a good script he is truly awesome and magnetic to watch.

Looking forward to this one. The trailer does look very, very good. :)
  • Options
    StarsabovemeStarsaboveme Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Chris Fairbank was in a seriously spooky SciFi from the 90's called Invasion.Earth which only had one series unfortunately.

I always find him spooky in anything, he just has that look. He even managed to be spooky in Auf Wiedersehen Pet lol.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity she ever found her way out!

Either way, the teaser scene looks really good! :) *spoilers* (Looks like Capaldi is on terrific form again).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BjB5XduL58

And the early previews have been largely positive too. I think it's going to be another hit!
    My preview isn't out yet (Metro tend to hold it back until Friday) but as much as I enjoyed Jamie Mathieson's first Who story last week, I think this one is even better. Best of the season so far. (Mind you, I said that about Kill the Moon and everyone told me I was an idiot ...)
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    In the trailer the doctor mentioned they are understanding 3d so by the title flatline does it litteraly mean a line that is flat? Or does flatline have another meaning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What you mean like he did in the last episode? And in Deep Breath? And in Robots of Sherwood and like he did (along with Danny) in The Caretaker? In fact where are all these episodes where Clara saves the day? And why is it a problem now but wasn't when Rose and Donna pretty much saved the universe on a weekly basis?

The truth is Moffat does put the companions story front and center. But unlike RTD he usually ensures its the Doctor who actually masterminds the whole universe saving thing.

What are you talking about ??? I never mentioned about previous episodes of her saving the day. Why are you so presumptuous?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    It's like these complaits come on a template and it's just 'insert name here'. Incredible.

If that is referring to me please explain.

Oh and I think you mean complaints not complaits
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    If that is referring to me please explain.

Oh and I think you mean complaints not complaits

No I was referring to all those with the same whinge every series.

And picking up on my typo. Wow. I feel so silly. Well done you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    No I was referring to all those with the same whinge every series.

And picking up on my typo. Wow. I feel so silly. Well done you.

Great, my work here is done
  • Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I popped in here to see what people are saying about "Flatline" and see, once again, that certain people are trying to outdo other forum users with their cleverness - I suppose that's what happens when you give a certain type of person access to the internet.

Anyway, I've just seen a trailer: the eposode* looks like it's going to be another good one - Peter Capaldi looks very comfortable in the role now.

*So the spelling police don't feel left out...
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching this episode I think that kid with the baseball hat is the Rani
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always find him spooky in anything, he just has that look. He even managed to be spooky in Auf Wiedersehen Pet lol.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke in real life, but yeah, go along with that! Mentioned Sapphire & Steel upthread and he was very spooky (and excellent) as 'Jolly Jack' in the final story of that series. Hope he's got a good part; I really rate him.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    :p Hah I'm just curious as to why the Doctor is crawling out of a tiny Tardis!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :p Hah I'm just curious as to why the Doctor is crawling out of a tiny Tardis!?

Well it seems these new creatures that are experimenting with 3d are able to play with any object or person they want.
  • Options
    Kane_SmithKane_Smith Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Not long to go now guys, only Friday to get through now :D
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kane_Smith wrote: »
    Not long to go now guys, only Friday to get through now :D

Very true I have been watching the classics on the Horror channel, its great seeing them on TV, especially with the completed restoration they have done on some of them.
    It keeps me going whist waiting for Saturday!
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Looks like a forgotten Kraftwerk album cover! This makes it good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not been anymore trailers for the episode?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What irks me is that this appears to be a Clara-heavy episode just a week after an episode that so many people enjoyed partly because Capaldi featured so strongly!

Some of us liked last week's episode despite Capaldi featuring so strongly. A Clara-heavy episode sounds great to me!
    lotrjw wrote: »
    The trick is get a title in place and get at least 1 5 letter word or 2 two letter words:D, then post and then edit to have it say what you want!

The trick is not to get so competitive about petty things. Being the OP of a thread doesn't mean anything!
  • Options
    Simon_AmblerSimon_Ambler Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    i think it spoils the show when we have the assistant doing all the running about and saving people, it is after all called 'doctor who' and not 'clara who'!.

that said im looking forward to this episode. does anyone think that the monster in 'listen' might have something to do with the ones in this weeks episode?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's called Doctor Who, but not The Doctor ;)

Flatline is story 250. Hope it's a good one!
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really know what to expect with this one. Hopefully Jamie Mathieson will pull off two fantastic episodes in a row.
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    I don't really know what to expect with this one. Hopefully Jamie Mathieson will pull off two fantastic episodes in a row.

Same here.

Only seen the trailer after last week's episode so I can only go what that seemed to be about - and with that in mind, I LOVE the idea of removing a dimension and even the Tardis becoming "flat" - could be some good sci-fi.

And as a 40+ year Quo fan, have to post this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnp-VyGNtcI&hd=1 - and note the connection (for non-fans - the main riff is lifted from a Status Quo track from a 1970 album - and the "guitarist on the wall" at ~40 seconds is Francis Rossi himself)
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.

Only seen the trailer after last week's episode so I can only go what that seemed to be about - and with that in mind, I LOVE the idea of removing a dimension and even the Tardis becoming "flat" - could be some good sci-fi.

And as a 40+ year Quo fan, have to post this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnp-VyGNtcI&hd=1 - and note the connection (for non-fans - the main riff is lifted from a Status Quo track from a 1970 album - and the "guitarist on the wall" at ~40 seconds is Francis Rossi himself)

Wow, all 3 chords in 2 dimensions...;-)
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Fear Her 2.0?

No but seriously, this episode sounds and looks great. I'm excited! Hopefully we get a lovely Capaldi-lite episode :)