Options

Emmerdaily - 29/06/16: Light Bulb Moments

Comments

• Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teifiboi wrote: »

The whole show has bombed since Aaron, Chas, Liv & Robert have been off screen.

Has it :confused:

Or is it just you that's not enjoying it the same because your favourites aren't on-screen at the moment.
  • Options
    TeifiboiTeifiboi Posts: 14,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it :confused:

Or is it just you that's not enjoying it the same because your favourites aren't on-screen at the moment.

Jimmy & Nicola storyline, Chrissie & Andy storyline, the taramasalata storyline, the Finn with red paint in the face storyline - need I go on? :o:D
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy & Nicola storyline, Chrissie & Andy storyline, the taramasalata storyline, the Finn with red paint in the face storyline - need I go on? :o:D

As far as I'm concerned, they're no better / worse than the "Aaron was raped by his daddy so they can turn Robert into a saint" and win the votes from the shipping fandom storyline.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Aaarrgghh!!! Mr B posted 2 minutes early!! My world just rocked on its axis.:o

Evening all! :D

Morning Oldnjaded

Much better day today

Pity the poor posters on the Corrie Ep Threads when it goes 6 days a week, they are all going to get repetitive Strain injury given how many words they use to claim its rubbish:cool::p
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Morning Oldnjaded

Much better day today

Pity the poor posters on the Corrie Ep Threads when it goes 6 days a week, they are all going to get repetitive Strain injury given how many words they use to claim its rubbish:cool::p
    :D:D:D

Morning kwynne, the weather is just lulling us into a false sense of security. I'm off out now to try and beat the inevitable rain. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

Morning kwynne, the weather is just lulling us into a false sense of security. I'm off out now to try and beat the inevitable rain. :)

As long as its not raining at about 5pm, I want my curry from the Chinese dammit and the rain has been stopping me since Tuesday as i'd get soaked on the way home when it rains.

Bah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early start. :o

Morning Sorcha

very early start tomorrow and a quadruple decker Corrie/Ed sandwich on friday.

How will we all cope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisdebag wrote: »
    >:( Rakesh deserves life in Runcorn

No one deserves that!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Hang on. It's not a Thursday. What on earth are they doing in hospital??

Perhaps with all the football it should have been on Thursday, are we keeping count of when episode should have been on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    So are Emma and James still moving? :confused:

Into a burnt out house
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats not nice. People wouldnt laugh like that

People would laugh at anything.
  • Options
    TeifiboiTeifiboi Posts: 14,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned, they're no better / worse than the "Aaron was raped by his daddy so they can turn Robert into a saint" and win the votes from the shipping fandom storyline.

I don't know where your idea of 'turning Robert into a saint' comes from. Even the Pope would be hard pushed to achieve that! :D

I know that you have hang-ups about Robert & Aaron, but I, for one, never saw the story of the childhood abuse of Aaron as plot device to bring Robert & Aaron back together again. Indeed, do we even know that they are properly back together? Their appearances have been so brief and infrequent, of late.

In my view, the abuse story was, by and large, well written and well executed. There were some typical soapy aspects to it, and the trial scenes were not that well done, as far as I was concerned. But that apart, I thought that it was fine. You didn't like it - well, I have no problem with that. It would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

The only storyline with any depth to it at present is the Holly drugs story. It is a bit of a re-run from Holly's previous stint on the show, but it still has interest. David's cancer story has descended into farce, as has Ashley's dementia story (though I've never liked Ashley so the story hasn't hit a good note with me). The Rakesh story is one of the most overworked soap cliches and I couldn't care less about any of the new Bartons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viv mention

JD is delighted :D

The Continuity fairy dies of shock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where your idea of 'turning Robert into a saint' comes from. Even the Pope would be hard pushed to achieve that! :D

I know that you have hang-ups about Robert & Aaron, but I, for one, never saw the story of the childhood abuse of Aaron as plot device to bring Robert & Aaron back together again. Indeed, do we even know that they are properly back together? Their appearances have been so brief and infrequent, of late.

In my view, the abuse story was, by and large, well written and well executed. There were some typical soapy aspects to it, and the trial scenes were not that well done, as far as I was concerned. But that apart, I thought that it was fine. You didn't like it - well, I have no problem with that. It would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

The only storyline with any depth to it at present is the Holly drugs story. It is a bit of a re-run from Holly's previous stint on the show, but it still has interest. David's cancer story has descended into farce, as has Ashley's dementia story (though I've never liked Ashley so the story hasn't hit a good note with me). The Rakesh story is one of the most overworked soap cliches and I couldn't care less about any of the new Bartons.

More importantly why is Crybaby or his pet being mentioned at all when they have been in 1 episode in a month and that was 3 weeks ago.

And Liv still hasn't come back from Wales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cool: Ronnie looking like Roy Hodgson at press conference

He does look THAT bad surely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Ruby mentioned for the first time since the episode where she died. :eek:

The Continuity fairy would have died of shock if she hadn't already died at the viv mention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha! Jimmy finally made me laugh. "No comment". :D:D:D

Well it had to happen some time.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan is quite a good character :)

Faints in horror at this post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duller than dull Dan is duller than dull in everything he does, he's ED's version of Corrie's Dreary Maria^_^

Oh please he makes Maria seem like the life of the party, the wildest party on Canal street.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwwwwwwwww

Gabola will be up the duff by next Mondays instalment

This storyline is going to be a touch uncomfortable since the actress herself according to IMDB isn't 15 until the end of july:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    'Stay with me, Nico....'

Terrible dialogue!

I had a fit of giggles at him saying that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Bloody hell,, the dialogue is absolutely appalling , it didnt help the way Jimmy was speaking

ED has gone from Gangsta's, crime, and producers favourites , to just a dumbed down terrible comedy ,,, i still don't know which one is worse tbh ,, i dont like either

A case of careful what you wish for heh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of Emmerdale storylines

1 The Fire and big bad dirty Rakesh - New lady cop seems nice a fairly good at her job, bit young though, I presume all the older detectives we have seen on screen are all suspended for incompetance, never going to get her man though.

2) RIP the Continuity fairy - died 29th June 2016, passed away from shock at mentions of Ruby and Viv

3) Nicola - came home to quickly form hospital and collapses which provoked Jimmy to produce some spectacularly bad dialogue that the writer should be ashamed of to their dying day/

4) Gabby and Jaycub - icky, icky storyline, appear to be about to get very close and according to IMDB the actress isn't even 15 until the end of july uck:o:o:blush::blush:

5) Dull Dan the dull hero.

6) Why does it appear as if that North Yorks fire service has abondoned a vehicle outside mill cottage.

7) Lawrence was all emotional until he met Andy took a hard line, is it all bluff?

8) Finn red face - made him an even bigger laughing stock with his family and lost business for the taxi firm which his brothers oddly seemed to think hilarious.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Morning Sorcha

very early start tomorrow and a quadruple decker Corrie/Ed sandwich on friday.

How will we all cope.

Morning Kwynne :)

:D

Corrie was actually decent last night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly Bulletin of the Malt Shovel

This week a serious case of Arson destroyed a large part of Mill cottage at the heart of the, village, the cottage has been under renovation for the last few weeks. Rakesh Kotecha the owner told us Hotton police who are investigating had told him the likely culprits were young thugs of school age. Rakesh told us this is very shocking and who could do such a thing. Injured in the fire and in serious condition are Nicola King and builder Ronnie Hale.

I another case of serious crime i the village victoria Barton was assualted and robbed of the money she was collecting from her food van in her husbands scrapyard. PC Swirling told us that police are investigating.

Hunt cottage along the Robblesfield road was severely damaged by lightning that struck the residence in recent storms, also struck by lightning were 3 Llama's belonging to Farmer Brown, they were killed instantly

The Malt beat the White Hart In 6-1 at darts this week