Options

Wrong date (next week) for Poirot

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
On Sunday, our 9200 seems to have recorded Poirot ok but the recording has no program name apart from "3" and has the date for next Sunday ie. 2nd April (futeristic ;) ) We were recording Planet Earth at the same time which is correctly labelled. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Have you set this for weekly record? If so I'm afraid this is a known bug, new recordings are given the next scheduled recording date. I think.... if the program information isn't available when recording, the Humax will just name the progam by the channel name (ITV3?).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whisper wrote:
    Have you set this for weekly record? If so I'm afraid this is a known bug, new recordings are given the next scheduled recording date. I think.... if the program information isn't available when recording, the Humax will just name the progam by the channel name (ITV3?).

There is a known bug with repeat timers (daily or weekly) where it is possible that if the EPG slot for the next occurance in the schedule is not the same as in your timer, it will stick the date of that next occurance. Basically, the series has been broken (by that other programme in the same time slot) and the Humax wants to get a bit confuzzed. It normally sticks the date of the next instance in your repeat timer, on lesser occasions it will name the file in the paylist as the programme name that appears in this break in series. In an even lesser extent (presumably where there is no name it sticks the channel name in). This bug is fairly replicable for those wanting test but due to it not necesserilly happen all the time, there may be another variable we havent looked into. I have repeat timers and 8 out of 10 times the bug doesnt happen - presumably because most of the time the repeat prgramme *is* in the same slot al along the EPG in the system at the time.