• KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    I certainly would :o:D

:D:D:D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    That was pretty insane. Loads of cool and seriously messed up stuff happened in this episode.

Some great music choices in this one as well.

Gaga is starting off well enough as the Countess. Quite liked her scenes with Donovan and Will and the orgy scene was pretty intense. She might be more interesting than expected.

Iris is just a nasty bitch but a good character for Bates to play. Her torture of those girls though was a bit much, even if they were portrayed as idiots. Liked that her backstory with Sally, Donovan and the Countess was quickly revealed too.

Sally is another horrible character but well played by Paulson though, so there's that.

Do we really need two different killers though? I think it would be better if it was just one rather than two of them.

Bodies in the mattress are disturbing.

John and Alex are the Harmons of this season. Not the most exciting of characters but you need some normal ones thrown in with the madness though.

Quite liked Miss Evers and Liz Taylor despite their limited screen time, 8/10
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly would :o:D

LOL!! Now now ! :blush:
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that was pretty awful.

Gaga was surprisingly terrible as the worlds least sexy vampire. And that includes Leslie Neilson in 'Dead and Loving It' I laughed along with the couple laughing at Gaga & Bomer - and was astounded that they would go home with a pair of losers like G&B. I really thought the scene would play out with them wondering why they couldn't get anyone to come home with them.

Visuals, script and music were a collection of cliches. I was embarrassed for them and The Eagles when they played out with Hotel California. The acting was generally OK except for Gaga - with Cloe Sevigny, Denis O'Hare and the older child (Lachlan ?) being particularly good. Not feeling Kathy Bates this time round - struggled last season because of 'the accent'

I was going to give it another episode to find its feet. But I'll wait until its on UK pace & I'm ill or something. And run out of other TV to watch. And books to read. And paint to watch dry.

:( Goodbye American Horror. It was fun while it lasted. Well, apart from this week. And most of season three.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are you watching it legally in the uk? I watched it on showbox but only got the first 43 mins. I don't mind paying for it but can't find a way to do it.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gaga was surprisingly terrible as the worlds least sexy vampire. And that includes Leslie Neilson in 'Dead and Loving It' I laughed along with the couple laughing at Gaga & Bomer - and was astounded that they would go home with a pair of losers like G&B. I really thought the scene would play out with them wondering why they couldn't get anyone to come home with them.

Visuals, script and music were a collection of cliches. I was embarrassed for them and The Eagles when they played out with Hotel California. The acting was generally OK except for Gaga - with Cloe Sevigny, Denis O'Hare and the older child (Lachlan ?) being particularly good. Not feeling Kathy Bates this time round - struggled last season because of 'the accent'

I was going to give it another episode to find its feet. But I'll wait until its on UK pace & I'm ill or something. And run out of other TV to watch. And books to read. And paint to watch dry.

:( Goodbye American Horror. It was fun while it lasted. Well, apart from this week. And most of season three.

I can see the kid from Superman Returns being really annoying
    he was pretty annoying in SR...:D

I have been wondering if lange had come back for another series would he have written another role for her? Because I really cant see anything at the moment that would have suited her. (unless he would have toned down the sex scenes) Gaga is currently doing.

Thing that is a bit troublesome its American Horror story and most of what we saw is just seriously messed up Criminal behaviour. Really hoping sarah Paulson's character is adding the supernatural element
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member

But here's the thing. You wont stop watching. Many people threaten to do this and they just can't stop watching. You will be here next week reviewing episode 2. I'd bet everything I own on it.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    But here's the thing. You wont stop watching. Many people threaten to do this and they just can't stop watching. You will be here next week reviewing episode 2. I'd bet everything I own on it.
    Not always true, I gave up on freak show after about 6 episodes and never went back.
    I will give this season the same amount but this show is seriously losing the plot.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »

Nope. I might hang out on the thread for a week or two, like a jilted lover who can't quite let go. But that was so irredeemably awful I just can't watch anymore.

So you owe me 'everything' :p
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    How are you watching it legally in the uk? I watched it on showbox but only got the first 43 mins. I don't mind paying for it but can't find a way to do it.

The first episode is available on Demand on Sky if you have access to it that's how I watched it.
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found series 3 poor and never bothered after the first 2 episodes with series 4, but this one seems possibly interesting. <3 art deco.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are vampires, they put a spell on the couple, it's not like they just randomly decided to go home with B and G.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    The first episode is available on Demand on Sky if you have access to it that's how I watched it.

I don't have sky, just now tv and Netflix. Will have to wait I guess.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    I don't have sky, just now tv and Netflix. Will have to wait I guess.

The preview show under discussion is available now on NOWTV, that's where i watched it last night. :)
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I might hang out on the thread for a week or two, like a jilted lover who can't quite let go. But that was so irredeemably awful I just can't watch anymore.

So you owe me 'everything' :p

Same with me. I'll keep an eye on comments to see what others think, but there's no way I'm giving this any more of my viewing time, not yet anyway. Maybe at the end if it turns out to be spectacular.

And Evan Peters hasn't even entered the scene yet. It can only get worse when he does.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin has it up as well online strangely, but not On Demand on TV.

I enjoyed it, return to form, I hated Freakshow and gave up half way through. GaGa was GaGa as you would expect.

I think Evan is the plastic man(same as he was in the first season), Kathy Bates gives it her all as usual

It took me a while to realize that was Denis O'Leary:D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHV_6Bv4Pko
    Trailer for episode 2. Naomi Campbell guest stars.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had such a chance with this to go back to the scare factor of series one and the ghosts that haunt the hotel. Instead all we got was going for the shock factor in every scene. It didn't even scare me one bit, unlike Murder House!

Gaga wasn't that bad, it was the whole feeling like I was watching Hostel at the start with the two tourists. I don't mind Sally, the Countess or Bomer, but less blood and more scares and ghosts than anything. Oh and the arc with the children in a room...boring.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS back in the game !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    AMS back in the game !!!
    AMS, what's that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMS, what's that?

American Mediocre Story?

A Mundane Story?

Allout Monster Sex?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a little... over the top... even for AHS.. at least what I'd previously seen of it.

I dunno. I liked that AHS was somewhat subtle horror. This just seems to be gratuitous. A lot of what is happening seems to have no reason or even motivation. It just seems to be for the shock factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American Mediocre Story?

A Mundane Story?

Allout Monster Sex?
    I was thinking "And more shite"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking "And more shite"

Simple, yet affective. I like it!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a slight The Shining feel with the hotel. Even the carpet was slightly similar.