Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 151)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
Administrator
kojan wrote: »
I don't buy that Cheryl gives a shit about Ste. Yeah we've had a few heart warming scenes. But this is the very same woman who told Ste that he should move to new york cause he has nothing left in Hollyoaks.

This thread is a continuation of: Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 150)

Comments

• Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    New thread! :D
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    Yaaaay new thread! :D
  • metal gurumetal guru Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    I wonder what this thread will bring........cautiously optimistic:D:o.

I just realised Doug's gonna be saying Steven at the wedding:(-piss off Doug-the small thngs upset me.:o
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I was just about to post saying how awful I thought the bullet stuff and skin head flashbacks were. God knows what they were doing with Brendan most of 2012.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    metal guru wrote: »
    I wonder what this thread will bring........cautiously optimistic:D:o.

I just realised Doug's gonna be saying Steven at the wedding:(-piss off Doug-the small thngs upset me.:o

If Brendan is there, when Doug says Stephen, I'd love Stes eyes to flick towards Brendan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno I kinda wanna watch it on dailymotion
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I was just about to post saying how awful I thought the bullet stuff and skin head flashbacks were. God knows what they were doing with Brendan most of 2012.

Remember when Brendan threw the bullet in the pond, and then the chess piece months later? :p

Good times...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I wasn't expecting that. I was just about to post a reply to Lila.

What I was going to say was, it's funny because I'm sure someone mentioned that the writer of that episode also wrote the final episode of Later, and that was superb.

But I made the mistake of switching on E4 as soon as I got home from work, so missed the first half of that black and white episode. Honestly, I've never been so confused. :D
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    What I was going to say was, it's funny because I'm sure someone mentioned that the writer of that episode also wrote the final episode of Later, and that was superb.

Yes, they did! I don't think the writing was bad. More just the idea and the way it was portrayed.

He seems their go to guy for flashbacks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    On the Cheryl topic, she's never even see ste and Brendans tenderness apart from when Brendan kissed him at club when foxy threatened him; I think if none of the bitterness and trauma between chez and bren happened she'd be actually Gleeful of her brother and friend getting together. IF ONLY
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Hello new part!

The black and white Pip episode was a dire french gay movie gone to shit and I never want to think about it again.

But this will be the part of sexual tension and tenderness. Good times.

:cool:
  • JEHJEH Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want brendan to be drunk at the wedding you know sitting at the back totally pissed with a bottle of whiskey in his hand and glaring at doug and making him all uncomfortable :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God, I know. It was so depressing for so long. :o

I was thinking this morning though, that this, right now and a little further back, has probably been one of my favourite periods since the early stuff from Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan, 2010/11.

I think it's a combination of not feeling like they're treading water anymore, and consistent (and meaningful) screentime. Plus they're examining so much of what I find interesting about Brendan, and Brendan and Ste.
    Forum Member
    The black and white Pip episode was a dire french gay movie gone to shit and I never want to think about it again.

I remember how much you utterly loathed that episode!
    Forum Member
    I was thinking this morning though, that this, right now and a little further back, has probably been one of my favourite periods since the early stuff from Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan, 2010/11.

I think it's a combination of not feeling like they're treading water anymore, and consistent (and meaningful) screentime. Plus they're examining so much of what I find interesting about Brendan, and Brendan and Ste.

Completely agree with this. I was a bit confused where they were going with things right after the post-Lynsey hug, because it all happened so suddenly, but for me, Brendan and Ste were reborn in July, and I've felt a lot more confident about them since the climax of Later and what came after. It's brilliant, it's just all coming a year later than I expected i guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello :) Just caught up.... really sad that Stug do get married, not least because they are absolute sh*te together. And all the reasons we've been discussing for months since they first became canon. :p But at least we get some good drama, and we know that Ste is only doing it out of guilt for how he still feels about Brendan.

Also... it will 'reveal secrets and lies they've tried hard to keep hidden'..? I'm thinking that Brendan is there, Doug is injured but okay, Ste is injured but okay (that clip shows him outside of the marquee so I don't see how he'd be injured from there) but Brendan is in a really bad way. And Doug sees how much more concerned Ste is with Brendan than him and it all comes tumbling out... I reckon, anyway ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Oh, afterthought... I do remember when Brendan was considering going to Disneyland-Cheryl was teasing him about them gettin married,that was such a cute scene, she was dead excited,times have changed

HAPPY NEW THREAD-IF I COULD THROW CONFETTI I WULD XXX
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

True, very true. Although the Steven line was an obvious add in ;)

And The Heist and that was great too.

Oh I completely agree.

Yup I remember how much c&s hated that, January was pretty painful for all of us.
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not going to lie, January to late June was absolutely f*cking awful. I genuinely have no idea why I stuck around, but now I'm glad I did.

The stuff we have got/getting now is just so amazing that I probably would of been slapping myself now if I have left :o

Please November, don't let me down!
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan didn't throw the bullet/chess piece into the pond, he disposed of rubbish symbolism.

Oh hod HOs you really were terrible at that point, so bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello new part!

But this will be the part of sexual tension and tenderness. Good times.

:cool:

Aw, yeah. I found myself wishing this week away earlier, because I'm so looking forward to the Pauline stuff, but then I remembered about all that.

Goodness me. It really is all happening right now.
  • metal gurumetal guru Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    I do think we won't get spoilers for a while though...considering Ste is meant to be in the frame to die. :(We'll just have to keep an eye for Brendan spoilers which may mean something else ;)
    Forum Member

Oh god. :o I think I came on here and just spewed bile. :o:o

Honestly, looking back, I think I can see that it wasn't just that episode, it's that we'd been waiting SO long for some proper Brendan material, and to see that and think, wow, is THIS what they've got planned? My heart sank to my boots.

I actually ... threw things at the telly. :o

It's a relief to feel that I'm watching properly storylined and written material now. Stuff about people I care about, doing things where I care about the outcome. That's what makes a good story.
    Forum Member
    Also... it will 'reveal secrets and lies they've tried hard to keep hidden'..? I'm thinking that Brendan is there, Doug is injured but okay, Ste is injured but okay (that clip shows him outside of the marquee so I don't see how he'd be injured from there) but Brendan is in a really bad way. And Doug sees how much more concerned Ste is with Brendan than him and it all comes tumbling out... I reckon, anyway ;)

I hope not. I don't know if they'd hurt Brendan so soon again after Later?
    Yup I remember how much c&s hated that, January was pretty painful for all of us.

I'm so glad that's all behind us now.
    ally08 wrote: »
    Brendan didn't throw the bullet/chess piece into the pond, he disposed of rubbish symbolism.

Oh hod HOs you really were terrible at that point, so bad.

It was terrible. The worst thing was, he didn't even change. I thought him throwing away the bullet would lead him to realise that he's not bulletproof, but then he just punched Ste straight after.
This discussion has been closed.