Options

What will the music be like this new decade?

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
will it be more even crap r&b :rolleyes: or is dance making a comback :cool:

one of my last new threads of 2010 :D

Comments

• Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More Crap....:mad::mad:
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as any decade- at least 99% will be a bunch of arse, or at the very least you or I will hate it, and among the other 1% some of it will be truly stunning, or at the very least you or I will find it so. In decades to come you'll forget most of the 99%, and think it was a glorious age because it produced those awesome moments.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares? Modern popular music is rubbish anyway, bar one or two rare exceptions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Same as any decade- at least 99% will be a bunch of arse, or at the very least you or I will hate it, and among the other 1% some of it will be truly stunning, or at the very least you or I will find it so. In decades to come you'll forget most of the 99%, and think it was a glorious age because it produced those awesome moments.

This.

We will be hearing more from the following bands and performers: Tennis, jj and James Blake.
  • Options
    CyanidePillCyanidePill Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    it'll be like the theme tune from Tetris.
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last decade has had some great music but i tend to not listen to xfactor/RnB inspired music
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hopefully a lot less Take That
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please let there be no more like X-Factor Cher.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Some good some bad. One thing that won't change though is that some people will take the piss out of you for saying you like <insert big seller here> as if you are the freak, while going on about how brilliant <insert low seller here> is, who you will have never heard of. While they may be correct that the more obscure acts are often better than the big sellers, it's still bloody annoying when they do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for a comeback of Pop Rock. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it 2020 already?

I'm joshing I'm not starting that debate.

It will change through out the decade. The 2000's started with chessy pop left over from the 90's and then moved to R&B, and this decade started with the R&B left over from the 00's and will probably change to something else.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Some good some bad. One thing that won't change though is that some people will take the piss out of you for saying you like <insert big seller here> as if you are the freak, while going on about how brilliant <insert low seller here> is, who you will have never heard of. While they may be correct that the more obscure acts are often better than the big sellers, it's still bloody annoying when they do it.

Ah, it happens both ways round. I used to be such a music snob, but now I don't care. I either like stuff or I don't, and it doesn't really bother me if I get judged for it.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of it will be shite as usual and some of it will be awesome.
    Slightly off topic, but my daughter was watching some godawful music channel on TV when a Katy Perry video came on, my son (he's 8) was glued to it and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when she was squirting cream or something out of her bikini top. Made me laugh anyway so even though the music may be cack, for small boys the videos more than make up for it.
  • Options
    Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What will the music be like this new decade?

It will be a sort of fusion of Puccini and Jedward.
  • Options
    chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this generation needs their own punk rock, something truly original, better than all the melodic/rap/americanese nonsense go on son, put your old punk dad to shame, come up with something better as i'm tired of waiting!!!
  • Options
    YosemiteYosemite Posts: 6,192
    Forum Member
    Mallaha wrote: »
    We will be hearing more from the following bands and performers: Tennis,..... and James Blake.

Has James Blake hung up his racquet and moved into music?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be more shite, the vids will probably cross the line more, less clothing more explicit etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yosemite wrote: »
    Has James Blake hung up his racquet and moved into music?

I did wonder when I first heard about him.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Ah, it happens both ways round. I used to be such a music snob, but now I don't care. I either like stuff or I don't, and it doesn't really bother me if I get judged for it.

That's true. I've mentioned in the past to someone that I like <insert obscure person here> and they've accused me of being a music snob. I was going to defend myself by saying that I love S Club (the original lot), but I didn't think that would work too well :D.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true. I've mentioned in the past to someone that I like <insert obscure person here> and they've accused me of being a music snob. I was going to defend myself by saying that I love S Club (the original lot), but I didn't think that would work too well :D.

I've got a soft spot for the Proclaimers, I don't mind admitting to it if it'll make you feel better about liking S club.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chaos77 wrote: »
    this generation needs their own punk rock, something truly original, better than all the melodic/rap/americanese nonsense go on son, put your old punk dad to shame, come up with something better as i'm tired of waiting!!!

Yeah, let's see how all those that complained that youngsters weren't politically active any longer (who then went on to protest about tuition fees all over the country and poke Camilla with a (hopefully) shitty stick) and now complain they've gone too far (ooh, they threw a fire extinguisher off the roof!) feel about new-wave anti-establishment music.

Of course it could already be out there, but the establishment is ignoring it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got a soft spot for the Proclaimers, I don't mind admitting to it if it'll make you feel better about liking S club.

I like the Proclaimers too and, takes a deep breath, Will Young :o.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I am a snob and I don't care.:D

I listen to what appeals, and that mostly isn't pop music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone loves s-club!!!!