Comments

• chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    I have met McFly loads of times over the years. They are genuinely lovely
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harr123 wrote: »

McFly - Thought it would be funny to publicly humiliate me as a vulnerable teenager at an airport AND went on and recalled it in their autobiography which came out a few weeks ago http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a23978/mcfly-excite-male-fan.html

Can't have been THAT humiliating if you've now seen fit to draw attention to it to folks who otherwise would never have even known anything about it.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii Minogue has an awful reputation in the music industry. Staff at her record label back in the 1990s detested the woman with a passion. She's cold, demanding and unfriendly - the complete opposite of her sister.

That really is shocking considering she could never sing & had no hits.... Always the runner-up to Kylie
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii had an awful reputation years back... even on tv she could barely hide the fact she was madam.

Though it seems like as she's got older she's mellowed a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Michelle Keegan is lovely. My friend and I ran into her randomly in our local Argos one Sunday at the start of the year. She was on her way back to the airport after a nightclub appearence. She couldn't have been warmer and even though our recognition of her formed a bit of a queue to speak to her she took time to speak to everyone and have pictures taken.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Pauline Quirke. She was ok. Her husband and children were hideous.

John Mcririck (sp) absolutely stank. Made me ill.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Norman Wisdom was horrible to me and my bro , when we met him in 70s, my dad had a small part with him in , one good turn , so he tried to get us to meet him , after he played at Winter gardens Margate, he said who are you and what you doing in my dressing room , never really liked him before and certainly didnt after that either

I'm not really surprised at that. I always thought Norman Wisdom was a bit full of himself when he appeared on Desert Island Discs and chose five of his own records. A few years later I thought I'd give him another chance by reading his autobiography and that wasn't much better. Sure, I felt for his poor upbringing but as soon as he got into showbiz, it was all me, me, me.

In the biography of Hattie Jacques published a few years ago it was revealed that Hattie only ever admitted to not getting on with one person in showbiz and it was Norman Wisdom. I can't say I'm surprised at that either.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    Met Pauline Quirke. She was ok. Her husband and children were hideous.

Hideous in what way?
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't have been THAT humiliating if you've now seen fit to draw attention to it to folks who otherwise would never have even known anything about it.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=274837
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Boyle! That one slapped my face, beat me up, pulled all my hair out all because I said I did not like her Eurovision hosting style! :(
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Boyle! That one slapped my face, beat me up, pulled all my hair out all because I said I did not like her Eurovision hosting style! :(

Seriously? When and where?
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Dad shared a lift with Barbara Windsor some years ago. He said she was lovely, very chatty and smelled absolutely gorgeous (the perfume was 'Joy' she said, when asked).
  • GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    ylomyloh wrote: »

I cannot abide that man. He's hideous in every way possible.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Nicest - Rickie Lambert, David Beckham, Milton Jones, Barbra Winsor

Don't think I've meet anyone who isn't nice...Harry Redknapp didn't have time to sign anything but then he did say he was sorry, Patrick Moore maybe but I think that's just his way.
    I can verify Patrick Moore's a very nice guy. I walked around the Royal Observatory in Greenwich with him as a competition winner. There were lots of kids around and every time he was stopped for an autograph he would happily sign them. He did it matter of a fact rather than in a showy way. I guess everyone can be caught on a bad day!! :)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bitchboyblue
    How did McFly humiliate you.. They never named you and the only reason people know it was you is because YOU have told us ..
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    My Dad shared a lift with Barbara Windsor some years ago. He said she was lovely, very chatty and smelled absolutely gorgeous (the perfume was 'Joy' she said, when asked).
    Sounds like he was trying to get in there!! :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really surprised at that. I always thought Norman Wisdom was a bit full of himself when he appeared on Desert Island Discs and chose five of his own records. A few years later I thought I'd give him another chance by reading his autobiography and that wasn't much better. Sure, I felt for his poor upbringing but as soon as he got into showbiz, it was all me, me, me.

In the biography of Hattie Jacques published a few years ago it was revealed that Hattie only ever admitted to not getting on with one person in showbiz and it was Norman Wisdom. I can't say I'm surprised at that either.

She might have had a colourful private life but it seems like Hattie was a true darling and the one a lot of co-stars leaned on when they wanted a bit of comforting or support.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Busted! lol :D

No, it was definitely McFly ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh Dear !!!!

So now he has exposed not only his pride in his big boner but also his previous history here on DS.

He's obviously been pulling that story out of the bag for the past 7 years. It's possibly the only exciting thing that's ever happened to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it was definitely McFly ;)

Haha :D:D
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    That really is shocking considering she could never sing & had no hits.... Always the runner-up to Kylie

What...? :eek:

You Brits made her runner up to Kylie...Dannii was in the music industry years before Kylie, Dannii was singing and dancing on TV before Kylie was doing TV commercials :rolleyes:
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What...? :eek:

You Brits made her runner up to Kylie...Dannii was in the music industry years before Kylie, Dannii was singing and dancing on TV before Kylie was doing TV commercials :rolleyes:

It's a shame 'us' Brits ever had to put up with Dannii Minogue in the first place! She's made more money in the UK because of Kylie's success than she should have
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Busted! lol :D

No, McFly :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Oh Dear !!!!

So now he has exposed not only his pride in his big boner but also his previous history here on DS.

He's obviously been pulling that story out of the bag for the past 7 years. It's possibly the only exciting thing that's ever happened to him.

I'm a very different person now, believe me. I may have been a confused soul back then, but I'm very different now. I'm way more mature. That thread from 2005 was me trying to make something good out of a shit situation. I had almost forgotten that I had ever liked McFly until it was all brought back to me, and I've been through many more important events in my life since then.