Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a facebook friend who is reasonably harmless but she has a tendancy to repeat herself in her statuses. At least once a week she is going to 'party party' with all the people she tags and at another point every week she goes for 'curry curry' with them.

It's kind of weird.

It's kind of weird weird, surely :D
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    I wound someone up by pointing out the next one actually happens in 2018 :D

That reminds me of this:

One girl on my feed was obsessed with all the 21/12/12 crap about the World ending!

When someone posted that thing about the leap years and the Mayans not counting them, so the 21/12/12 they were talking about happened ages ago, she went a bit funny and didn't really know what to say.

She stopped posting about the end of the World pretty much that night!

Clearly it was all bollox anyway, but some people need more convincing than others, it seems.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    That reminds me of this:

One girl on my feed was obsessed with all the 21/12/12 crap about the World ending!

When someone posted that thing about the leap years and the Mayans not counting them, so the 21/12/12 they were talking about happened ages ago, she went a bit funny and didn't really know what to say.

Clearly it was all bollox anyway, but some people need more convincing than others, it seems.

I think a lot of people just repeated what they'd heard or seen elsewhere without questioning it or researching it themselves.

I pointed out to someone on my Facebook that it was already the 21st in Australia and, to my knowledge, they seemed fine over there. Her response was "yeah, but not in our world!". I thought it best to leave it there at that point, but it did make me wonder where exactly she thinks Australia is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    That reminds me of this:

they always seem to forget about the changeover from the julian to the georgian calendar as well...
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    The people who start statuses with "as if"

Dont know why it annoys me but it does.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they always seem to forget about the changeover from the julian to the georgian calendar as well...
    Gregorian
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the ones that do the rounds that go:

"I'm really smelly, morbidly obese, a complete bitch and thick as shit. I don't shower, I have bad skin and halitosis and I eat kittens for snacks. Ladies,repost this if you believe you should be loved for who you are."

:mad:
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have 3 people on my Facebook who have taken to posting that they are taking painkillers and going to bed. I don't know why anyone would want to share when they are taking medication but there you are.

I also have all the mummys posting cutsey statuses about "Christmas eve eve" and "2 more sleeps" etc :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These Sleeps til Santa updates are all b0llocks. What about people who work nights, like a nap.during the day too or will be awake through a night in December or even Christmas Eve?
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As it's Christmas, the bullshit superstitious copy-and-paste posts have reared their ugly heads again. Here's one that's on my newsfeed at the moment:

"GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! This year December has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So share it and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui. The one who does not share, will be without money. Share within 11 minutes of reading. Can't hurt so I did it."

This is not called 'money bags', this is called meaningless bollocks.

I have friends who post those and the odd thing is they can be the more intelligent ones rather than the usual suspects.

Although not enough to realise 7 months have 31 days, there are only 7 days a week can start with so it's bound to crop up every few years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Today's status from Irritating Friend no 77 is...

Having lush dinner with the hubby, stuffed ain't the word - with x

Why does every single word in that sentence annoy me? Is it because it belongs to a woman in her early 30s and not a 16 year old :p
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    Quite liked this one
    XMAS DRINKING WARNING JUST RELEASED: Vodka and ice will ruin your kidneys. Rum and ice will ruin your liver. Whiskey and ice will ruin your heart. Gin and ice will ruin your brain. Pepsi and ice will ruin your teeth... There u have it! ICE is lethal. Warn all your friends: Lay off the ice, just drink it straight!! Forward this immediately. You could save a life!!! And don't forget wot it did to the ****in Titanic!!!

Didnt like it so much once it had been copied and pasted like 20 times on my feed though :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I am getting to bloody loathe Facebook and some of the complete dicks on my friends list, they talk absolute shite :rolleyes: I'm going to throw some of the idiots off my list soon.
    I have one cow who keeps posting up pictures of everything she makes to eat and posting "ummy" under it :mad: If anything could make me spit blood and swear its that :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    People who type "nom nom nom" after posting what they are eating.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:mad: Thats ANOTHER thing that really, really gets my goat. I feel like posting "Shut up you moronic b*****d" everytime they post that :D
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've got one of those.
  • Options
    ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grown women referring to their Husbands/long term partners as 'The Boy' i.e "snuggled up on the sofa with the boy and a cheeky glass of wine, don't mind if I do". AAARRRGGGH!
    WTF did this come from and why is it so puke inducing? Eugh. They deserve a good kicking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shizuku wrote: »
    Grown women referring to their Husbands/long term partners as 'The Boy' i.e "snuggled up on the sofa with the boy and a cheeky glass of wine, don't mind if I do". AAARRRGGGH!
    WTF did this come from and why is it so puke inducing? Eugh. They deserve a good kicking.

I hate this too. "Hubby" seriously annoys me as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I had a old school friend post a status recently saying "Oh how did I ever let it get this far", and after a couple of people asked "what's up", "are you ok?" etc. she said "abusive boyfriend - but it's not a big deal"... WHAT THE F**K!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

You'd think I had written this post, its so like what I think. And by the way WTF is a "cheeky" glass of wine.....what exactly does it mean??
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That actually made me cringe!!
    I'm not on Facebook but apparently there's a girl in work who is constantly updating on what she's eating. She'll post pics of the ingredients, the cooking, the finale on the plate and then an empty plate afterwards.
    And then afterwards "the diet starts here" or something like that, before posting more pics of her food throughout the day.
    People bitch about her because 1. it's annoying & 2. she's quite a big girl and constantly moaning about losing weight to fit into her wedding dress next year.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think I had written this post, its so like what I think. And by the way WTF is a "cheeky" glass of wine.....what exactly does it mean??

I'm going to write on my status that i'm having a cheeky line of speed and see what the response is :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God people are such annoying dicks these days aren't they?! WhisperingGhost, I have someone like that on my FB, needless to say shes getting deleted off my friends list this evening the daft bint :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That actually made me cringe!!
    I'm not on Facebook but apparently there's a girl in work who is constantly updating on what she's eating. She'll post pics of the ingredients, the cooking, the finale on the plate and then an empty plate afterwards.
    And then afterwards "the diet starts here" or something like that, before posting more pics of her food throughout the day.
    People bitch about her because 1. it's annoying & 2. she's quite a big girl and constantly moaning about losing weight to fit into her wedding dress next year.

Next years pictures of her wedding day should be worth a look then :o
  • Options
    mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found one worse on mine:

"I have been with my manfriend for 3 whole years today :)"
This discussion has been closed.