Number of sexual partners

Comments

• kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am 34. I lost my virginity at 14 (the day before my 15th birthday) and between then and meeting my husband at 18 I slept with 11 men (including my husband) and 3 women.

My husband has only slept with 3 women, he didn't lose his virginity till he was 18 so I had 4 years on him lol

14yrs - 16yrs I was with the same lad, then 16 - 18 I went a bit wild, till I met my hubby and settled down :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 30 and my magic number is 5. 3 were in long term relationships and 2 were just friends have fun.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None :o
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 through a long term relationship. To be honest, if I had kept to my original intentions and not given in to uncertainty about the future - would have remained at 0 until this day.

As experience has carved out a universal result of negative consequences, I think my desire for women has evaporated over the last few years. Not completely gone, but going - I certainly don't have the same feelings and instincts I did as a young twentysomething man, Sadly, people misinterpret this and believe I am gay - which would be a untruth as I've never had any desire for men. Indeed I have had several offers from men and turned them all down because I don't think about men in that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »
    You might be marvins mum but who was marvins dad and does marvin know?

Yes Marvin's dad is well known to Marvin! But we divorced when Marvin was 2...... Marvin is now 18

And no Marvin doesnt know, I have conducted my activities discreetly and away from home. As I dont think my private life should affect my home life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    4. regret pretty much all of them. wished is was 0 and would wait for the right per son :/
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Why give such a small range rather than just putting the actual number? Or aren't you sure?

The years of when i 19, 20, 21 are basically just a drunken stupor, memory wise. It was bad. I was bad. Drank way too much. So yes i know it's more than ten but after that for a few years it gets kind of fuzzy. I dated, got dunk or high and cheated more than once. So honestly i don't know the proper number for sure.

Trust me, it's not anything i'm proud of now.
  • vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schead wrote: »
    Well, thankyou for the Jeremy Kyle advice, but I honestly don't give a crap one way or the other. I just read this in a book and found it interesting to see what the average really is. I hope that my number never increases as I have no plans to shag anybody else other than my wife. I love being married. I love not having to make an effort and not having to put up with all the bullshit involved with trying to pick up girls.

Probably best not to tell my wife about the not having to make an effort bit :)

How is that Jeremy Kyle advice?
    From your OP it came across as if you did give a crap (hence the making of the thread). Maybe I misread it, but it seemed as though you were insecure about your sexual history. It was late at night though, so I blame tiredness.
    Btw you still have to make an effort when you're married ;)
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was with a couple of women who were 20+ and 30+ by their own admission. None of my male friends have numbers like that and I don't either.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost identical background the OP with unfortunately a slightly lower count, nor to increase either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do care who my first is though. I don't want it to be just anyone - I want to be able to connect with them and be in love. And yes I realise my first time probably will be rubbish. Feeling secure in the other person's company is very important to me. I hope it's soon though as i'm getting fed up of waiting. I suppose my religious beliefs are part of it as well although i'm not waiting for marriage etc.

That's admirable, and sorry to be cynical, but it's not really how things happen- unless you meet someone with the same views as you, which is rare (at least in the UK). It can take a long time to fall in love, and there aren't many people who would hang around that long without sex. Usually people start off dating, then they have sex after a few weeks (even sooner sometimes), and then the love bit starts.

Plus, the longer you leave it, the bigger deal losing your virginity will be. Then when you finally lose it it will be very underwhelming. Good sex comes long after you've lost your virginity, and by finding out what (and who) you like. Most people sleep with a few people before they find someone they're sexually compatible with. You might be madly in love with someone, but then you might find you're totally incompatible in bed.

But each to their own and everything :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's admirable, and sorry to be cynical, but it's not really how things happen- unless you meet someone with the same views as you, which is rare (at least in the UK). It can take a long time to fall in love, and there aren't many people who would hang around that long without sex. Usually people start off dating, then they have sex after a few weeks (even sooner sometimes), and then the love bit starts.

Plus, the longer you leave it, the bigger deal losing your virginity will be. Then when you finally lose it it will be very underwhelming. Good sex comes long after you've lost your virginity, and by finding out what (and who) you like. Most people sleep with a few people before they find someone they're sexually compatible with. You might be madly in love with someone, but then you might find you're totally incompatible in bed.

But each to their own and everything :)

Pretty sound advice there vintage girl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going out and in that position between say 1994-2002, including college, uni, holidays etc and much of it in Essex and can count on the fingers of one hand the times I was even in that position and there was a sniff of anything. Some of it would've been down to me, but I'm normal looking. The wife has no suggestions why, which I suppose is a compliment.

But I struggle to believe how other blokes found themselves in that position 100+ times in a few years.

It's not that hard to believe. I't easy to get sex if you want it and know how to go for it. I've seen male friends at uni take girls home at least once a week, and they weren't exactly Brad Pitt. I could've had a lot more sex too, if I wanted to, but I turned down opportunities as I'm picky. I did know a girl who had slept with 20+ guys by the time she was 19 though.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only read up to page one.........definitely not the norm but my count is ONE. and ONE only.

lol my story.......

slowly in my teens i discovered i am an old fashioned romantic, blessed with beautiful features and i guess a great personality (as i have been told lol so not blowing my own trumpet) it was fair to say i always recieved plenty of attention from guys.

but i could never take it to the next level. no am not gay at all. its just i enjoyed the interest on a deeper level not a sexual one. i wanted my first time to be special.

i met my husband when i was aged 23 and him 24 we had an instant connection
    we started of as friends with to much chemistry to r emain friends. the more he got to know me the more i got to know him, we would flirt, laugh and enjoy each others company. because our 'relationship' was not defined into a catergory the addiction to be around each other with our chemistry grew more and more.

my parents called what happened between him and i 'courting' the proper way. because after a few months. my husband proposed. we wanted the same things and it was clear we were very attached and falling in love.

i did what shocked many and i agreed. we married days after my 24th birthday.
    and i lost my virginity when we consumated the marriage.

i know some of u are reading this thinking what the?
    but the old fashioned way can be really special if u are soul mates.

five years later, we have two beautiful sons. and the spark is still there.

i dont feel like i missed out on anything. i do feel lucky and am happy to be content and to have some one whos content with me.

Excuse me while I vomit at the most self satisfied post of all time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that hard to believe. I't easy to get sex if you want it and know how to go for it. I've seen male friends at uni take girls home at least once a week, and they weren't exactly Brad Pitt. I could've had a lot more sex too, if I wanted to, but I turned down opportunities as I'm picky. I did know a girl who had slept with 20+ guys by the time she was 19 though.
    Says a female! Try being a bloke!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    Says a female! Try being a bloke!:D

Haha it's easy if you're a bloke, no one judges you!
  • j4the1j4the1 Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easily more than one thousand.

I'm 38 and gay.

I'm not ashamed or proud, just happy.
  • SoupbowlSoupbowl Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5. We are talking about last night aren't we?
  • SoupbowlSoupbowl Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Excuse me while I vomit at the most self satisfied post of all time.

May i have the bucket after you?
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on, a thread about sexual partners and no word from Freeman000...something's not right!!
  • scheadschead Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4the1 wrote: »

I'm 38 and gay.

Jesus. Assuming you started at 18, that would be more than 1 different sexual partner a week, every week for 20 years!!! :eek:

Nothing to do with being gay, but having that many different people, have you been, you know, checked out?
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4the1 wrote: »

I'm 38 and gay.

Blimey, that's a lot! :eek:
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soupbowl wrote: »
    May i have the bucket after you?

Yes, but you may have to wait some time til I have finished with it :D
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crickey I'm 43 and my tally is a paltry 2! I only sleep with someone if I love them which I guess is frightfully old fashioned these days.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    3. Right and left hand, and one visit to a farm.