If you could change 1 thing in your life, what would you change?

Comments

• JaggySplintersJaggySplinters Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I'd be able to feel my limbs properly and be able to walk. ( I know, that's two things, but they're interconnected. ;-) )
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should have made more of an effort to stay fit.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never started smoking.
    Paying for it now.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Home town is Walthamstow but I wouldn't live there if you paid me 😆 I lived all over the place and been in WGC for 20 years but don't want to stay here forever

Well I never!..............:o.................... I was born and brought up in Walthamstow as well!.......... Priory Court!.......... I bet you know it!......

Me and my ex husband moved here in 1971, so we have been here a very long time now................... :)
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps I'd somehow stop taking things so seriously, in terms of worries, self perception etc.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    I just want to wish you all some good days in 2015. I know what this is like, having had an illness that turned my life upside down (I used to "look/act" 10 years younger than my real age;-) then illness made me at least 10 years older than it:o).
    It's so wearing and depressing. I hated hobbling about, falling over, being overtaken by real pensioners walking up the road, the medical visits, sleep-inducing pain killers and steroids to help make you fat. Three years of that in my case.
    We all have in our memories the times when we could DO things... when forgetting something at the local shops wasn't a disaster because the idea of walking back makes you:cry:... running up and down stairs.... a spur of the moment night out with friends.
    You think..."Is this IT? For ever?" A horrible foretaste of old age to come.
    In my case there's been a lucky break in that I'm in a surprise remission after it was suggested that a gluten-free diet might help to stop my own immune system from trying to kill me. I started it with no real hope but 4 months in I'm out dog walking, dancing (carefully), enjoying life and scampering past real "old people".
    Don't know if it will last, but I enjoy every day it does. So I wish all those with chronic conditions the magic of waking up, springing out of bed and thinking "It's ME, I'm back!"

Thanks for your best wishes and your thought MargMck. Sometimes, very very rarely, I have a hint of being well again for maybe half a day or a few hours and it is so wonderful. I must have something similar to you, from what you are saying. Immune system not doing what it should, steroids making me overweight, constant pain and so on. People used to go on about how young I looked for my age, but not any more and I don't like it when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. There again there are such a lot of people worse off than I am.

So my wish for all of you out there who are suffering with ill health is that things will improve for you in 2015.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That my mum didn't have bi polar, a lot of things happened that changed, my dad had am affair because he couldn't cope (he was weak)and then left and I cancelled my travelling to help look after my brothers when mum ended up in hospital and a few other things.

She's totally fine now with the help of good old lithium but it just makes me wonder what could have been.I Never blame my mum it's an awful illness I would wish on no one
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    >:( We would have *rolls eyes* back.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Well I never!..............:o.................... I was born and brought up in Walthamstow as well!.......... Priory Court!.......... I bet you know it!......

Me and my ex husband moved here in 1971, so we have been here a very long time now................... :)

I left Walthamstow in 1971 with my parents & moved to Dudley :o
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I left Walthamstow in 1971 with my parents & moved to Dudley :o

Blimey Rose!..................... we are almost on the 6 degrees of separation thing!............ Because I don't live that far away from you now!............ just a few stations up on the line from Euston!...................... :o:D
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id have more money so I could see my boyfriend more often and be able to move out of here.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move away from this place from the idiots and be better looking :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some rather heart-rending things here. :( I guess I would not let my daughter travel to pakistan when she was 15, as she caught meningitis there and the knock on really blighted her life for years. But she seems kind of ok now (touches every available piece of wood), so it could have been worse.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    To have my babies around me, rather than them never to have been born.

To not let people take advantage of my good nature.

I know that's two things but, if I hadn't had men treat me like shit, then who knows what would've happened with my babies?
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd make sure I never met my lying, cheating bastard of a partner who I met 15 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I could change almost everything, but hey ho never mind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My lack of empathy. It's generally not a problem, but social norms dictate that I have to at least exhibit some in certain situations, and tbh I get tired having to fake it.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red John wrote: »
    My lack of empathy. It's generally not a problem, but social norms dictate that I have to at least exhibit some in certain situations, and tbh I get tired having to fake it.

Are you a psychopath?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vulpes wrote: »
    Are you a psychopath?

No, but I do have NPD.
  • iSupposeSoiSupposeSo Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    As pathetic as I know it is and that one day I will get over it... I'd choose to have my ex back in my life. He was my best friend too and he finished things a few months back and although I had an inkling it was coming I never knew it would hurt so much and continue to for so long! :(
  • emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Get rid of my anxiety disorder.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    To have my husband back. He would have been only 44 yesterday, but has already been gone almost two years and suffered since he was 35.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a three-fold wish, really.

a) make peace with my school room-mate (a.k.a. my nemesis) before her death.

We did get on, but we fought a lot more. We were such a cliché - she was hard-working, studious and ambitious, and I was lazy, flippant and the sort that can easily earn us 500 demerits in a week, which constantly pissed her off.

She planned her future so far ahead that I laughed at her face when I learnt she wanted to be the wife to a world-famous doctor, the mother of four, and the director of the UNESCO before her 50th birthday. We were almost 14 at the time. The only firm future plan I had was to make sure I had the latest issue of J17 (a.k.a. Just Seventeen).

The last time we saw each other, we were ignoring each other after a fight we had the day before. I know she wouldn't give a **** about us not being nice to each other either, but I'm still sorry I didn't tell her how much I appreciated her help when I needed it.

b) force the school to remove her stuff from our room. Instead of making me live with her stuff "until her parents ask for them", which didn't happen for a month and half. Living with her things and smell and seeing the stuff on her desk in our room left a psychological scar I didn't know I had until my 20s.

c) find someone to discuss my ambivalence with. I didn't do this until I was well in my 20s. I regret this because if I had done that, I'd not become so competitive. At the time, the school didn't offer what schools do nowadays. No counselling or any of that sort. Just a generic "how are you doing?" now and then within the first week. We were expected to just get on with it.
  • funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    That's heavy Takae. Have you had counselling since?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    This, although not for me, but my wife. She didn't miscarry first time, but had twins that were born asleep. I know we'd have probably never got together if that had happened, but at least she'd have been blessed with children. The second time she miscarried was with my child, but I felt it double because I saw how much that ripped her apart then as well.

I very deeply feel for your wife (and you).

Such heart rending responses on here! :cry:

I sympathise with everyone.