This doesn't add up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
Forum Member
Alan Sugar sent the winning team on a weekend trip to Jersey. When they left for the house after they were announces the winners, the loosing team when to the coffee shop. Later, come back into the board room, Liz gets fired and go back to the house and the winning team is there.

How on earth does that all happen in the amount of time the winning team flies off to another country and come back.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The losing team go back into the boardroom the following day, I think. Or that was the impression I always got from the edit up 'til this point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The losing team always go in the day after. I think they only went to Jersey for one day too. Looked like it.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    It was either a very long boardroom or an incredibly short reward trip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Also, it's Jersey, not Outer Mongolia.
  • maw1maw1 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised the team didn't think that Jersey was a knitwear retail outlet in North London. :D
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The winners would have gone on the trip after all boardroom activities had concluded - that bit doesn't need to be filmed in sequence...
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've often thought ALL the treats are filmed after the main series is done, and they are careful to make sure the right people aren't there.

Just a cynical thought.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've often thought ALL the treats are filmed after the main series is done, and they are careful to make sure the right people aren't there.

Just a cynical thought.
    What do you mean?
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member

Just a cynical thought.

You have lose me on that one.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the main series is done, they do all the treats together from every episode.

I am saying they dont happen after the tasks. I'm saying the candidates are asked to pretend its just after the tasks.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    After the main series is done, they do all the treats together from every episode.

I am saying they dont happen after the tasks. I'm saying the candidates are asked to pretend its just after the tasks.

I see. I suspect not though.It would be easier to get the people involved whilst they a part of the process rather than risking them not being available after the series has ended. I am guessing that a day or two is taken out after the boardroom process for each treat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They do happen the day after the task. Nornally while the losing team is in the boardroom. The Jersey trip was probably just an afternoon. In the recent past Lorraine, James and Claire have said that at this stage of the competition, it would be more of a treat to just let them have a lie in. It's less of a treat more a demand for more filming. The return to the house segment always seems very staged and could happen far later than just after the losing boardroom.

That said the past two treats have been up to the original standard. Poor Series 5 :cry: (apart from meeting Gerald Scarfe of course)
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was either a very long boardroom or an incredibly short reward trip.

A l-o-n-g boardroom metting I think! - Alan mentions sending the 3 out the room "again" so maybe they were in and out a lot that day!
    :D
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that the treats for the winning team were filmed after the boardroom firings. :confused: Just edited to be shown before the grotty café scene and the eventual firing.