Options

Amazing Race 19 episode 8

2»

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonathan and victoria were car crash tv at its best, i was watching the saturday morning repeat when the berlin shove incident happened(back when it was shown on living), and my sister who had never watched before was glued and shocked at it, they are now divorced i think unsuprisingly.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonathan is the nastiest person they ever had on the show, a real scumbag, he should have got his arse kicked off the race for that back shove. Physical abuse should not be tolerated and I don't think they took any real action at all, other than Phil looking at him very disapprovingly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesbuc wrote: »
    I tried looking at all I can find is
    a - Passing the answer for one task to Marcus/Amani (Im fine with info sharing. Its been part of the race for years and years and years)
    b - That one singular episode where they talked about religion and hasnt been mentioned since

Also mentions of how they only win legs because of others screwing up (Doesnt matter - They didnt make those mistakes and avoided those pitfalls, besides, besides, the last time I checked only the last leg is the main one to win. Ask last time's winners Jen and Keisha) and how they remind a little of the hippies (I havent watched that season so these guys started the race with a cleaner streak for me).

On a note:
    I Noticed that neither of the snowboarders appear in any of the task clips for next week. Im assuming theres a fast forward at play and they take it?

Hmmm I think I have made it clear I find them to be dripping with false sincerity a la BJ and Tyler, and have given a number of examples of that, which is my single biggest issue with them.
  • Options
    JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Hmmm I think I have made it clear I find them to be dripping with false sincerity a la BJ and Tyler, and have given a number of examples of that, which is my single biggest issue with them.

I havent seen that at all myself nor have I really understood any of the examples XD
    Honestly id be happy with them to win it all even, I mean they are winning the lions share of legs (Yes part down to the others fouling up everywhere but the same can be said with this years USA BB winner)
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent seen that at all myself nor have I really understood any of the examples XD
    Honestly id be happy with them to win it all even, I mean they are winning the lions share of legs (Yes part down to the others fouling up everywhere but the same can be said with this years USA BB winner)

Don't bring Queen Rachel into this! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent seen that at all myself

...which of course, doesn't mean they aren't there....;)

we all see teams differently. During season 5 while Chip and Kim were my favorite team i spent a lot of time defending Colin who was being ripped to pieces by most people (odd how now some years on he tends to be admired a lot more), it's just how people perceive things or other people is different.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    ...which of course, doesn't mean they aren't there....;)

we all see teams differently. During season 5 while Chip and Kim were my favorite team i spent a lot of time defending Colin who was being ripped to pieces by most people (odd how now some years on he tends to be admired a lot more), it's just how people perceive things or other people is different.

Just to further prove your point, I absolutely hated Chip and Kim, and thought that Colin and Christie were both amazing, and robbed of the win. :D
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the last time I checked only the last leg is the main one to win. Ask last time's winners Jen and Keisha) and how they remind a little of the hippies (I havent watched that season so these guys started the race with a cleaner streak for me).

I totally forgot they won last season :o I even forgot it was an All Star season :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally forgot they won last season :o I even forgot it was an All Star season :o

it wasn't really billed as an All Stars though, it was a 2nd chance series. :)
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I just remember that episode where they were racing in Berlin, and they were in the foot-race with Freddy and Kendra to the finish. (The notorious episode where he shoved her)

Victoria was just screaming like a wailing baby banshee "Johnnnn! Johnnn!! Johnnn!" it seriously is one of the most disturbing reality moments ever. (Along with the shove that followed moments later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMG8umZdtS0

I feel really bad for Victoria in that scene. Though she was being really stupid too, why wouldn't she just drop the bags?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    I feel really bad for Victoria in that scene. Though she was being really stupid too, why wouldn't she just drop the bags?

Because it was a very busy pubic area and they could easily have been nicked? :confused: