Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why Mr. Baldy felt the need to drag up tonight. Surely he could have done it on his own evening (I know the Nun made a strange appearance) but why tonight? It felt like he was trying to steal their thunder....

I agree it was all about him when it should have been about the ladies. I think he is an attention seeker.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After our week in Blackpool last week, OH sent a letter to the local paper praising the place, http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/community/your-say/letters/letters-february-21-2013-1-5433208

It would have at least been a boost to the nice tourist office people.

If you scroll down to the comments at the bottom, the locals don't agree with our rose tinted view.:o
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why Mr. Baldy felt the need to drag up tonight. Surely he could have done it on his own evening (I know the Nun made a strange appearance) but why tonight? It felt like he was trying to steal their thunder....

I think he was just trying to ensure that the cameras were on him as much as possible.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    Take your pick. Up to today there's been 136 of them!

I was assuming it was from this series. Forgot about all the rest :D
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I was assuming it was from this series. Forgot about all the rest :D

Sorry, my brain slipped out of gear with my calculations! :o

It is only this series and It should only have been 28 up to today.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    Bellamy wrote: »
    Sounds delicious. Also Lucy has an Aga, so oven already warm.
    Thanks, I saw it on the TV once, we have a range too so it's always warm. That's why I didn't give an oven temp.
    Oh dear. Who's been doing this?

Good grief, some of that's awful. Mind you, see the bit that the producers give a talk beforehand about possible negative fallout and some people still show themselves up.
    I've looked very occasionally at the FB comments though and compared to here, they're really vicious.
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Fish finger ,tartare sauce and mushy pea sandwiches in a river side pub in Saltaire Yorkshire were a dream snack.The fish fingers were home made and probably wot suvenors call goujons or some such poncey rubbish;):D

Mmm, we might bake an egg for breakfast sometimes, but love fish finger and tartare sauce sarnies too.
    I call them goujons if they're made of plaice :o but we usually have haddock fingers.
    Torch81 wrote: »
    ...Seems a lovely woman whose rooms were perfectly nice and seemed realisitcally priced, plus her breakfast looked great!
    I thought so too.
    I liked Caroline and Andy's too though.
    The lady who ordered baked egg was being awkward but and don't remember reading his comments about it, Kevin did mention her as a cantankerous customer which is a bit pot and kettlesque.

Also Kevin mentioned something about someone's behaviour being outrageous which is a bit much coming from somebody who dresses as a nun to greet their guests at breakfast.

True!
    The baked egg earned her 10/10 on the comments form though, so fair play :)
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the show again the clip before the main part Kevin said it was quite upsetting having to go to someone's place and tear it apart. Well no, nobody forces you to do such a thing I think!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was. He's ruined this week for me, after I thought what a lovely place they had in Blackpool and really cheap too. Of course they'll win, at only £50 a night and on their best behaviour, they are a shoe-in.

:mad: Who knew he'd turn into the visitor from hell? Hypercritical, judgemental, no sense of humour and an attention seeking,walking, talking gay stereotype. No you dont put you're full drag regalia on during someone else's night. Do it once, at your own place. ( Although he looked a hell of a lot more presentable as his alter-ego).

I'm going to be charitable and say he suffers from small man syndrome, but he's still come across as a total prick at the others' places. His partner seemed OK.
    FB is horrendous for comments as is the C4 website usually. :p DS is very refined and balanced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, my brain slipped out of gear with my calculations! :o

It is only this series and It should only have been 28 up to today.

I thought it had to be from this recent bunch ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. Who's been doing this?

Depressing reading. However annoying people may be, they generally appear to promote businesses rather than court celebrity, and their livelihoods are at risk. C4's response is a bit mealy mouthed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Kevin :mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely no need to drag up,,,i also don't think he has the likeability for it. Drag acts have to have a sense of humour to pull it off, but kevin is just plain horrible.
    Ive now started pressing mute when he is on cus i know he is just gonna be bitching about someone
  • Options
    chalkmarkschalkmarks Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George was talking about where the word "posh" originated from and then started talking about whether there was a class divide anymore....that's when the Blackpool Bloke said what he said....I really didnt see what the problem was, but again perhaps it was down to the editing and we didnt see the whole conversation (which may have gone on a lot longer than was shown...)

Thank you :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved tonight's place. I don't have any problem with a seperate bathroom with bathrobes provided. The posh birds are very funny and game and I'd stay there any time. In fact I'd stay in any of them this week and though Andy seemed to go on about the N/S divide..it was jokey..oh love that rug was gorgeous..but I def think he was edited that way. I know Kevin was beetchy but he'd probably also be good fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How old was this show? I thought their prices were cheap given the location and looking at their website the prices are now £60 single occupancy, £85 twin occupancy.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    ...after I thought what a lovely place they had in Blackpool and really cheap too. Of course they'll win, at only £50 a night and on their best behaviour, they are a shoe-in...

I know and it's a major failing that obviously no-one thought of at the start of 4iaB, once the first night's over, there can be a total transformation in character safe in the knowledge that their payment's already in the bag :rolleyes:

If they filled in the comment form before they left each place, but didn't put the money in the envelope until the last night, we'd see some different behaviour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I know and it's a major failing that obviously no-one thought of at the start of 4iaB, once the first night's over, there can be a total transformation in character safe in the knowledge that their payment's already in the bag :rolleyes:.

Don't you think that the potential players are often chosen for the first night? Lucy and friend, for instance, would be unlikely to adopt a different persona. It seems a bit too coincidental how often the more 'emotional' characters go first.

[QUOTE=If they filled in the comment form before they left each place, but didn't put the money in the envelope until the last night, we'd see some different behaviour.[/QUOTE]
    It needs a change of tactics if viewers aren't to get totally disenchanted. While they're about it, FIAB could rethink the activities and focus on the location.
  • Options
    fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drag man has undone any good publicity for his business by acting like a complete ****.

Haven't watched tonights yet but reading here it sounds like he has done nothing to change that.

On the subject of fishfingers sarnies, I run a canteen in the south of england and often get asked for these usually with lettuce and mayo. I love them too. Its often the simple foods that can be the most satisfying, one of my favourites is double egg&chips with a nice hunk of crusty bread.
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did she do with the baked egg? I missed that bit.

We didn't see. The baked egg was ordered, then we saw her getting a recipe book out and everyone having a laugh about that. Then the egg appeared and was judged to be delicious.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    Only the one is

The taller guy just goes along with the other one I think!!

Like Saida last week who had Veronica speaking on her behalf !!
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    Kevin :mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely no need to drag up,,,i also don't think he has the likeability for it. Drag acts have to have a sense of humour to pull it off, but kevin is just plain horrible.
    Ive now started pressing mute when he is on cus i know he is just gonna be bitching about someone

First we had Louis, then Veronica and noe Kevin.

There have been some really odious people on the show recently.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    flique wrote: »
    Drag man has undone any good publicity for his business by acting like a complete ****.

Haven't watched tonights yet but reading here it sounds like he has done nothing to change that.

On the subject of fishfingers sarnies, I run a canteen in the south of england and often get asked for these usually with lettuce and mayo. I love them too. Its often the simple foods that can be the most satisfying, one of my favourites is double egg&chips with a nice hunk of crusty bread.

The "posh" Southern version is Filet o Fish from McDonalds:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    Only the one is

The taller guy just goes along with the other one I think!!

I think the taller one is the silent assassin :mad: He loads the gun and baldy fires the bullets. We not trust him as far as I can through him ;)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flique wrote: »
    Juliette reminds me a bit of the actress Hermione Norris from Wire in the Blood and Cold Feet.

She reminds me of Mrs Brittas, Pippa Hayward.

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/l/tv%20bafta%203%20210507/tv_baftas_07_wenn1321050.jpg

• Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Like Saida last week who had Veronica speaking on her behalf !!

And Karen who did all the talking.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loved Rutland Terrace, it's now my favourite of them all and I hope they win, although that God-awful plaque will clash terribly with the beautiful decor of this lovely house! I loved everything about it, her colour schemes, house layout and the prices of the rooms all terrific, even the room without an ensuite had a beautiful private bathroom.

Did I miss something, I just didn't get why they all decided to be awkward about ordering eggs at breakfast! First that lady ordering a baked egg and then that Penfold lookalike ordering one cooked every which way! :confused:
This discussion has been closed.