Options

Coach Trip 2013./2014

Comments

• Options
    flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    royal99 wrote: »
    I think the main thing is the time of year, summer gives them far more options.

I think by starting it abroad, it avoids, France, Spain, Netherlands etc

I think either heading up towards Sweden , Norway, Russia way is still very much undiscovered by coach trip ( I think only one series) or heading down back to Greece, turkey and could even head to Cyprus ( think that has not been touched by coach trip) I think the producers need to look at something different not 20 days in France!!

Well this current series was a return because of popular demand no? So they had little time to put together a trip across loads of countries. That said, they touched Italy , Belgium and Sardinia ( for the first time), so it has t been France all the time.

Maybe start the trip in Scotland before heading across the sea to Norway, then travel to Sweden, Finland, Russia, south towards Ukraine, then maybe touch an asian country like Uzbekistan, and on towards Eastern Turkey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it Lake Garda or Lake Como during Series 3? I'm sure it was one of them.

Have they ever been to Florence? In fact, I wouldn't mind a Series that was focused quite a lot on Italy- there's so much to explore there but it's so awkwardly shaped most of it gets missed out. They could always start in Germany, go through Austria/ Switzerland, down through Italy and then get a ferry over to Greece or Spain (depending on which way you go)

Brendan has said he'd love to go to Russia, but I guess what with their recent rulings its pretty impractical (not to mention unsafe) to venture there.

They've never been to Bosnia & Herzegovina or Albania, so a tour that goes through the Balkans could be interesting? I think the next series they might go back to Scandinavia. It's been a while since they were there.

I'll definitely try and apply if they go to Scandinavia or Eastern Europe again.
  • Options
    tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have they ever been to Florence?
    In fact, I wouldn't mind a Series that was focused quite a lot on Italy- there's so much to explore there but it's so awkwardly shaped most of it gets missed out. They could always start in Germany, go through Austria/ Switzerland, down through Italy and then get a ferry over to Greece or Spain (depending on which way you go)

Brendan has said he'd love to go to Russia, but I guess what with their recent rulings its pretty impractical (not to mention unsafe) to venture there.

They've never been to Bosnia & Herzegovina or Albania, so a tour that goes through the Balkans could be interesting? I think the next series they might go back to Scandinavia. It's been a while since they were there.

I think they have been to Florence. Wasn't that where two likely lads got lost and Brendan went looking for them? He wasn't pleased to find them strolling about seemingly not caring that they were holding the coach up.

I can't remember their names but I think it was the first or second series. One had ginger hair. They were on the same time as little Sally and her annoying sister - and the Welsh hairdresser with the Italian name.

Think so, anyway. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Series one. Tom and max? They were a pair of idiots. Sally was also very annoying and odd.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russia might be difficult, don't you need a visa?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Series one. Tom and max? They were a pair of idiots. Sally was also very annoying and odd.

Yes, just checked on Wiki!

Tom and Max, Sally and Emma, Pasquale and Bob.

Good series. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Russia might be difficult, don't you need a visa?

I think so. I think it's more an issue with safety once you get to Russia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tushingham wrote: »
    Yes, just checked on Wiki!

Tom and Max, Sally and Emma, Pasquale and Bob.

Good series. :D

That's from around 2005 or something lol. Seems like another era. I saw that series when it was repeated on sky 3 or something a few years later. That's how I got I to Coach Trip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or just do an epic 60 day tour from london to Australia. Brenden and Paul along with the production team will be armed with all manner of weapons to take out any problems that will arise once they head beyond turkey into Iran. Plus the coach needs to be bomb proof, and have a force field resistant to any attack.

That would a coach trip to remember lol. Explosive!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't care if I'm the only one, and I bet I'm not...I like Darren and James, they make me laugh and I think they are genuine and you know where you are with them. Don't trust the brummie women at all, with stupid reasons for yellow carding people. Wanting to see people off, IMO.

There's an obsession on this forum for 'alliances'....maybe there isn't actually one and maybe there won't be one at all....then what will you all do?

The Sunderland girls are playing a game, albeit cleverly and unwittingly, even they don't know it, but they are doing well. They are not that dim.

The brummie girls had an agenda since the day they arrived. It's only now they have admitted to the camera, that they intend to play dirty if need be. The way Debbie stormed off was a little uncalled for. I think they are a pair of liars when it comes to the votes. It appears they wanted the originals off all along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's from around 2005 or something lol. Seems like another era. I saw that series when it was repeated on sky 3 or something a few years later. That's how I got I to Coach Trip.

Me too!

It was so fresh and unpredictable then. I loved waspish old Pasquale and his spats with Sally. That look of innocence he'd put on after an argument used to crack me up. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tushingham wrote: »
    Me too!

It was so fresh and unpredictable then. I loved waspish old Pasquale and his spats with Sally. That look of innocence he'd put on after an argument used to crack me up. :D

Series 1-2 were unpredictable and the innocent days of CT.

Everything about it is very retro, if you look back at those episodes now.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have they ever been to Florence? In fact, I wouldn't mind a Series that was focused quite a lot on Italy- there's so much to explore there but it's so awkwardly shaped most of it gets missed out. They could always start in Germany, go through Austria/ Switzerland, down through Italy and then get a ferry over to Greece or Spain (depending on which way you go)

Thanks for that.

I suggest a trip to Transylvania!
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gary217 wrote: »
    I love (not) anabelles comment, "I'm not old enough to have got fat..." - for an 18 yr old she's doing a fair job as she's not exactly slim (chubby arms, chin, legs...). Pretty horrid of her to personalise her response so much - it shows her immaturity and delusions of fame.

Referred to elsewhere as young Katie Hopkins.
  • Options
    royal99royal99 Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Series 1-2 were unpredictable and the innocent days of CT.

Everything about it is very retro, if you look back at those episodes now.

Looking back coach trip 1 was very eventful. It all started with racist old guy who got voted off quickly, remember him? The guy who only wanted british food, who was very funny.

Pasqual who was your original villain very two faced, who if I remember rightly got in fight at vote with big guy who had never been abroad, the troublesome kids and gay hairdresser and mum who ended winning and won a romantic break in paris... Haha brillant!

Looking back cracking series, was it the best? Think it could be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    don't care if I'm the only one, and I bet I'm not...I like Darren and James, they make me laugh and I think they are genuine and you know where you are with them. Don't trust the brummie women at all, with stupid reasons for yellow carding people. Wanting to see people off, IMO.

There's an obsession on this forum for 'alliances'....maybe there isn't actually one and maybe there won't be one at all....then what will you all do?

The Sunderland girls are playing a game, albeit cleverly and unwittingly, even they don't know it, but they are doing well. They are not that dim.

Haha I am not sure this forum is that obsessed with alliances, but it is part of coach trip and always interesting to see if one has formed, but most of the times it just friends who vote for each other.

Darren and James I think are fine just take the vote to seriously and can be a little bitchy. I think all couples on at moment are all nice enough just a bit mehhh, people always want a villain which we haven't got so people are picking on people like James and Darren. We need some characters to join the coach
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be today that Ian joins? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could it be today that Ian joins? :D

The real or fake one?

We were promised an explosive week, well it's hardly been that so far so let's see what sort of commotion Ian brings!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The real or fake one?

We were promised an explosive week, well it's hardly been that so far so let's see what sort of commotion Ian brings!

We definitely need something to shake the coach up. Its getting a bit boring of late.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We definitely need something to shake the coach up. Its getting a bit boring of late.

On the subject of twitter from yesterday: One time I did decide to sign up, it would have been for a very trivial reason. I filled in the form on-line until it came to, name 10 people you want to follow. I ignored it and pressed send. It reappeared saying the field was left blank. You must fill in 10 people you wish to follow.

I typed back, I don't follow, I lead.

It came back REJECTED we only enrol suck-ups.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    On the subject of twitter from yesterday: One time I did decide to sign up, it would have been for a very trivial reason. I filled in the form on-line until it came to, name 10 people you want to follow. I ignored it and pressed send. It reappeared saying the field was left blank. You must fill in 10 people you wish to follow.

I typed back, I don't follow, I lead.

It came back REJECTED we only enrol suck-ups.:D

LOL ;-)
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The real or fake one?

Someone on the coach must have told Ian what had been happening before he appeared. Probably over embellished it a bit: Wonder who that might be.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Someone on the coach must have told Ian what had been happening before he appeared. Probably over embellished it a bit: Wonder who that might be.:confused:

Haha think you could be right..... What do you reckon it was, we went to a deserted beach resort, played volleyball then had small disagreement over a bikini ..:-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking back coach trip 1 was very eventful. It all started with racist old guy who got voted off quickly, remember him? The guy who only wanted british food, who was very funny.

Pasqual who was your original villain very two faced, who if I remember rightly got in fight at vote with big guy who had never been abroad, the troublesome kids and gay hairdresser and mum who ended winning and won a romantic break in paris... Haha brillant!

Looking back cracking series, was it the best? Think it could be

I wish I'd watched that series from start to finish. It was available on 4od up until a few years ago.

I only remember watching the second half of the series, and bits and pieces from the beginning. I have a vague memory of john and jaki, they were horrid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably. Perhaps Debbie and nikki will tell him something, otherwise they will be next to go.