Wheres the dance troupe?

starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
Forum Member
✭✭
What's happen to the Ian/Darren + others group for dancing?

They should have been in these shows instead of the pros with celebs?

Have they just been dropped for whatever reason?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    What's happen to the Ian/Darren + others group for dancing?

They should have been in these shows instead of the pros with celebs?

Have they just been dropped for whatever reason?

Exactly. as if it isn't bad enough that Ian and Matt and Darren are out, we have to suffer death by ropes with the boring newbies instead of the "troupe"
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are still so many shows to go... I think they are finding their feet still with the results show
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the dance troupe are only performing on a certain number of shows
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the troupe should have been given the Charleston to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »

Hear Hear
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always suspected that the offer of the troupe was the BBCs way of getting rid of the pros they didn't want without too much of a public backlash. The fact the haven't been used (and when they have in a very inferior manner) just confirms it for me.

I'm so pleased Brian/Matthew/Lilia told them where to stick it and i'll be very surprised if Ian and Darren continue next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it would have been perfect for them as its a 'showy' dance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question

What now happens to the dance troupe as Ian is now dancing with Michelle?

He surely cant do both - can he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Question

I don't think they were supposed to be in it next week anyway. I can't remember where the list of dates is though.

TBH the producers might as well just cut it, that's clearly what they want to do anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or they could have danced with Peter Andre. His backing dancers looked like amateurs compared to the SCD dancers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question

They don't dance again till the 31st, perhaps Brendan will be back , but losing a parent is just crushing, I do wonder if he will want to come back.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're only contracted for a certain number of dates, and I'm actually glad the competing pros did the group Charleston, it shouldn't be forgotten that what they do best as well is dancing professionally, so they should be allowed the opportunity to do that too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they were supposed to be in it next week anyway. I can't remember where the list of dates is though.

TBH the producers might as well just cut it, that's clearly what they want to do anyway.

that is what I thought - drop the DT all together, there doesnt appear to be alot of point them being there if you ask me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're only contracted for a certain number of dates, and I'm actually glad the competing pros did the group Charleston, it shouldn't be forgotten that what they do best as well is dancing professionally, so they should be allowed the opportunity to do that too.
    It's not that I want to take everything away from the competing pros, but it seems they're doing more pro dances than the dance troupe, which I think is wrong. They're getting the high production numbers, and the dance troupe aren't, which is wrong. And then they get the Charleston on top of that...
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that I want to take everything away from the competing pros, but it seems they're doing more pro dances than the dance troupe, which I think is wrong. They're getting the high production numbers, and the dance troupe aren't, which is wrong. And then they get the Charleston on top of that...

You know how I feel about the DT anyway, I'd be annoyed if the competing pros got any fewer dances than they're currently getting. I would much rather see the dance troupe and competing pros integrated into one dance, having two separate seems pretty pointless to me.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, I love seeing the competing pros dance but if they have the dance troupe they should use them aswell. The press release said for the dance troupe that they were going to do 'spectacular' routines but I haven't seen them get to do anything like that yet, as good as that quickstep last week was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that is what I thought - drop the DT all together, there doesnt appear to be alot of point them being there if you ask me
    No way! The dance troupe is the best bit!

Just my opinion of course:D
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know how I feel about the DT anyway, I'd be annoyed if the competing pros got any fewer dances than they're currently getting. I would much rather see the dance troupe and competing pros integrated into one dance, having two separate seems pretty pointless to me.

I definitely agree with this. I was happy to see the main pros dancing the Charleston tonight but I would have liked to have seen the dance troupe as well. It just seems a bit pointless having the dance troupe if they're just going to get unimportant filler dances. I don't really see why the two couldn't have been merged together to allow the competing pros to drop in and out of group routines as they wish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x-cherry-x wrote: »
    No way! The dance troupe is the best bit!

Just my opinion of course:D

Well said, can I join you in your opinion!
    I definitely agree with this. I was happy to see the main pros dancing the Charleston tonight but I would have liked to have seen the dance troupe as well. It just seems a bit pointless having the dance troupe if they're just going to get unimportant filler dances. I don't really see why the two couldn't have been merged together to allow the competing pros to drop in and out of group routines as they wish.

I agree. I don't understand the new producers thinking, strange:confused:

These are the dates that Ian gave us:

Sunday 10th October
    Sunday 31st October
    Sunday 7th November
    Sunday 14th November
    Sunday 5th December
    Saturday 18th December

Should be every week:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're back! :) Great dance from Darren.

:Dhttp://yfrog.com/5y81iyj :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the dance tonight :)

Fab choreography from Darren.