Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Yeah, she seems to have moved on from that and become a bit of a nosey do gooder, getting involved in the Dempster's domestic issues

To be fair shehad become involved with the family and shes not just going to sit back and do nothing when a child is being abused is she.

I hated the way that tosser Mr Dempster treated Maxine like she was something he had trodden in when she was so good with the kid. Horrible man!!
  • Options
    PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirsty Child looks like she is appearing in Neighbours this week on Channel 5, this Friday. as Susan Kennedy's sister

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1733723

She's an Australian actress, best known for playing three roles in the cult drama Prisoner. She played two guest roles – prison officer turned drug dealer Anne Yates in 1979, and Glynis Johnson, the sister of an inmate, in 1983. In 1985 she played a more prominent part in the series as supercilious fence Willie Beecham. She returned for a cameo in late 1986.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    that's where I am now. :( though gotta say, her fella was quite hot. And talking of hot blokes, Tony's just started at DH. I could have sworn he was gay.

Im finding Pippa quite hot :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that Fullbright (bloke whos doing Daphnes PMS case), the friend of that Canadian guy (whos name i forgot), that was going with Meg, got shot dead by Hunts partner when he held Meg and Reno hostage, and also, that Prostitute who was going to marry Megs son (whos name ive also forgot now :p), that was killed by Bridges and left in the boiler room never to be found, well shes now found her way out of there, as im sure shes now May Collins friend that came to visit her, Queenie Marshall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Isn't that Fullbright (bloke whos doing Daphnes PMS case), the friend of that Canadian guy (whos name i forgot), that was going with Meg, got shot dead by Hunts partner when he held Meg and Reno hostage, and also, that Prostitute who was going to marry Megs son (whos name ive also forgot now :p), that was killed by Bridges and left in the boiler room never to be found, well shes now found her way out of there, as im sure shes now May Collins friend that came to visit her, Queenie Marshall.

Nope, totally different actors in both cases!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Nope, totally different actors in both cases!

Could have sworn that Fullbright was that blokes mate, who he got to chat to Meg at that party, ive definitely seen him somewhere before, and i now know Queenie isn't that woman who was going to marry Megs son, shes the one that was in it before for 7 days rest wasn't she ?, knew the dept bloke that resigned after he saw her in there, as he was one of her clients, was just similar hair to that other one who was gong to mary Megs son, and i did recognise her from somewhere when she first appeared to talk to May in the garden :p
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could have sworn that Fullbright was that blokes mate, who he got to chat to Meg at that party, ive definitely seen him somewhere before, and i now know Queenie isn't that woman who was going to marry Megs son, shes the one that was in it before for 7 days rest wasn't she ?, knew the dept bloke that resigned after he saw her in there, as he was one of her clients, was just similar hair to that other one who was gong to mary Megs son, and i did recognise her from somewhere when she first appeared to talk to May in the garden :p

The actor that played Fulbright was Kevin Summers and had about 8 roles on the show. In the early years he mainly played various cops/detectives.

In the early 300's (the episodes I am currently watchin) he plays Lou Reynolds, a prisoner at Woodridge when the women go across to do a charity concert.

Later he plays a cult leader in the bizarre story involving Helen Smart's sister (this is around the 380's) and then his last and longest role is as Fulbright in the mid/late 500's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    The actor that played Fulbright was Kevin Summers and had about 8 roles on the show. In the early years he mainly played various cops/detectives.

In the early 300's (the episodes I am currently watchin) he plays Lou Reynolds, a prisoner at Woodridge when the women go across to do a charity concert.

Later he plays a cult leader in the bizarre story involving Helen Smart's sister (this is around the 380's) and then his last and longest role is as Fulbright in the mid/late 500's.

Ahh yes, that was him, that daft cult leader, thanks, was a stupid storyline that tbh :D

Hasn't Terris new boss, the guy Joan catches her in bed with, also been in it before ?
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh yes, that was him, that daft cult leader, thanks, was a stupid storyline that tbh :D

Hasn't Terris new boss, the guy Joan catches her in bed with, also been in it before ?

He his in a few roles he married to maxine sister, also near end he is a blackmoor officer.
  • Options
    hammiehammie Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching volume 9 at the moment. Just finished episode 277. I feel the show has gone a bit flat since Kate peterson left. Still not long till a certain prison officer arrives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hammie wrote: »
    Watching volume 9 at the moment. Just finished episode 277. I feel the show has gone a bit flat since Kate peterson left. Still not long till a certain prison officer arrives.

See it through mate. There is a bit of a lull in the 270's, but once said officer arrives in 287, it's a great run of episodes - even the stories that don't relate to that officer are better.

I think the 290's are the best set of ten in the series so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    He his in a few roles he married to maxine sister, also near end he is a blackmoor officer.

That was it, Maxines sisters hubby, ripped off his bank (or whatever it was now), thanks, i knew he'd been in it before as well. :p

I find it has its ups and downs, like that Ballinger part, i nearly stopped watching it then, as that was just stupid, but im enjoying it again now.
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sooo behind everyone else... I've only recently started re-watching. I'm on episode 65 at the moment... Fletch is acting governor and Chrissie Latham has just been transferred back to Wentworth, along with a hilarious Mrs. Jackson flashback/photo-montage of Chrissie killing her husband and having a pair of scissors held to her face...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I am sooo behind everyone else... I've only recently started re-watching. I'm on episode 65 at the moment... Fletch is acting governor and Chrissie Latham has just been transferred back to Wentworth, along with a hilarious Mrs. Jackson flashback/photo-montage of Chrissie killing her husband and having a pair of scissors held to her face...

welcome to the Wentworth thread SillyBoyBlue. No matter where you are in the soap, there always be someone on here that has fond memories of that episode and throw in a bit of trivia to boot. :p

My last ep involved the rather sinister but strangely sexy Neil Murray doing over hooker Penny Seymour. All you see are the infamous black gloved hands which left us all pondering was it Joan on a night out on the tiles doing all the murders?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the early episodes, i always remember the 1st one, where it starts with that lass running away from Meg and another screw, she goes around a corner where Frankie Doyle is standing leaning against the wall having a ****, and the lass runs into her arm and falls down, and Frankie just says, she bumped into me :D

Reb Keans just arrived back for me from the nut house, hasn't got a clue who anyone is, was good when she looked in the mirror when Nora was standing there, and she turned into Myra, and then in the rec room, she saw judy at the Piano :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to watch episode 580 again later, as i was falling asleep, so missed best part of it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reb Keans just arrived back for me from the nut house, hasn't got a clue who anyone is, was good when she looked in the mirror when Nora was standing there, and she turned into Myra, and then in the rec room, she saw judy at the Piano :p

I'm currently on these episodes too. Don't really like what they do with Reb here, should have had her as her bad old self. As she is its just annoying and a letdown. But the Freak's tormenting of her is good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todays Murder She Wrote (which is on now, and repeated later on ITV3), im sure thats Lynn 'Wonky' Warner as one of the ballet dancers. :p

EDIT: Ive just looked her up, and im right, it is her! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I'm currently on these episodes too. Don't really like what they do with Reb here, should have had her as her bad old self. As she is its just annoying and a letdown. But the Freak's tormenting of her is good.

Yeah its a shame, all she seems to do is shriek and say 'why can't i remember'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched ep 20 and frankie has gone to soap heaven, sarah mum cathrine spent a night in h block she out on bail but storyline only runs a few eps before she sent to another block, doreen just got back and is blaming karen for frankie death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    I just watched ep 20 and frankie has gone to soap heaven, sarah mum cathrine spent a night in h block she out on bail but storyline only runs a few eps before she sent to another block, doreen just got back and is blaming karen for frankie death.

I loved Frankie Doyle, told Doreen to get out of the rec room, after everyone else had got out, then went nuts and smashed the joint! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Frankie Doyle, told Doreen to get out of the rec room, after everyone else had got out, then went nuts and smashed the joint! :D

She was one of my early favourites. Pity she was in so few episodes...

Not much happening at the moment in the episodes I'm up to. First appearance of Pixie Mason. Nooooo! I found her irritating but what lead to her exit was shocking. :eek:

If you'd have thought anyone would have had a happy ending it would have been her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    She was one of my early favourites. Pity she was in so few episodes...

Not much happening at the moment in the episodes I'm up to. First appearance of Pixie Mason. Nooooo! I found her irritating but what lead to her exit was shocking. :eek:

If you'd have thought anyone would have had a happy ending it would have been her.

I thought Frankie was in hundreds at first, as i really remember her, was sad when her Bro died in the tractor accident, wanted her to get out and live on his farm.

Was sad what happened to Pixie. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From the 1st ever episode carol burns does such a great job as frankie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A risk that this is going to be controversial.

I think Doyle is the most over rated character in the entire series.