The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made $500 million playing the stock market with Michael, which is about the funnest thing I have going on in the game whilst waiting for the online to become unbroken. I collect those alien scraps if I see them, but to go out of your way to get them and for such a measly reward isn't worth it.

Then what are you going to do with all that money? Money in SP seem pointless to me. I've bought half the properties, and there is nothing to gain from buying any more. There is nothing more to buy with the income.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Q,

I meant to ask this before, whats the deal with spray shops in V? Are spray shops LS Customs? If your being chased by cops, can you not get resprayed any more to lose them?
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Q,

I meant to ask this before, whats the deal with spray shops in V? Are spray shops LS Customs? If your being chased by cops, can you not get resprayed any more to lose them?

Never tried it, but with 3 stars or less cops are pretty easy to lose anyway. Just getting into another car helps.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the saves from the disc works with the digital version (PS3)? This is a game I want to keep forever, or until PSN say "no" & I've got £28 in my PSN wallet that I was going to use to buy the digital version & sell the disc version

Anyone know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Anyone know?

Well knowing how PSN works there is no definite answer. It depends how RS have set up certain things. Playing online together doesn't give an answer. Sorry, i couldn't help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Anybody else noticed some new vehicles driving around i have seen a cherry picker, a pick-up with wide rear wheel-arches and i am sure there are a lot of new colours and different signage on lorries/vans.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Q,

Yeah spray shops are LS Customs and can also be used to respray your car to loose your wanted level.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Yeah spray shops are LS Customs and can also be used to respray your car to loose your wanted level.

In my experience this doesn't work. Any time I've went to an LS Customs with a wanted level they've been closed and won't let me in :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    In my experience this doesn't work. Any time I've went to an LS Customs with a wanted level they've been closed and won't let me in :confused:

They have to have lost you and searching for them to open up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a long, long, long, long, long, long, long way to go. ;)

I'm about 50 hours in, and nearly at 60% completed. Like Vice City this game demands a full 100% completion.

Do Bronze silver and gold add percentage ? Got a few missions with silver and while im not too bothered with achievements wondered if its possible to get 100 percent without getting gold on every mission.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do Bronze silver and gold add percentage ? Got a few missions with silver and while im not too bothered with achievements wondered if its possible to get 100 percent without getting gold on every mission.

The medal achieved doesn't effect percentage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a long, long, long, long, long, long, long way to go. ;)

I'm about 50 hours in, and nearly at 60% completed. Like Vice City this game demands a full 100% completion.

Once you get to about 94% you are left with really boring task such as collection quests and aerial manoeuvres. I might do them at some point but I doubt it.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Lost my level 12 online character :mad:
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Poor monkey :-(
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tootall180 wrote: »
    Anybody else noticed some new vehicles driving around i have seen a cherry picker, a pick-up with wide rear wheel-arches and i am sure there are a lot of new colours and different signage on lorries/vans.

I have just started playing the SP through again after the patch and have noticed lots of new vehicles and paint schemes, there seems to be a lot more traffic and pedestrians as well.

I also noticed fire engines and ambulances seem to be a lot more active as well.
  • Presuming EdPresuming Ed Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Wats the deal with the flyin school?

Trevor just got his wings, now what? I thought I would be able to enter the airport without cops

noooooo!

sirens waling, gunz a blazin, still get three stars the minute I get near the planes, think I just wasted an hour doing the flying school
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    orzie wrote: »
    Poor monkey :-(

Got in touch with Rockstar support and got him back (although he's only level 8 but at least i got my money back that i wasted stupidly on weapon attachments!)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but when going to get the police van with the stingers in, I found that if you walk around the other side of the building & climb over the quite high wall, not only do you lose hardly any energy when hitting the ground, but you are also able to steal the van without being seen.

Have done the story with option A & am now repeating the final missions until I have seen all the endings without looking at them on YouTube. Am still loving this game, even if I am spending most of the time flipping up my middle finger up at cops & the general public, just to see who takes offense to it. :D
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Patch incoming for possibly tomorrow which might finally fix online once and for all
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. Found a stranger who needed help getting somewhere but I was on a bike at the time. She wouldn't get on. Tried calling a cab about 4 times, none available. Stole a car and then she buggered off saying she couldn't wait all day. :rolleyes:
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do I go after the final hiest?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Where do I go after the final hiest?

If you completed the final heist,
    switch to Franklin as he is the main focus of the final mission
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    That was odd - went to Franklin's garage where I had 3 cars and a motorbike, the game would only let me select one vehicle and it was none of the ones from the garage.

Weird.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the GTA V trailer with Trevor flushing a corpse down the toilet? I never saw that bit in the game, have i missed something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Remember the GTA V trailer with Trevor flushing a corpse down the toilet? I never saw that bit in the game, have i missed something?

I can't remember, but there are cutscenes in MP.