Options

Question about the 50th Anniversary Special

brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
Forum Member
I know it's a long way away till the eighth series is even aired/released on DVD etc. But would anyone know if the 50th will be included on the eighth series boxset when it's released around this time, next year?

Apologies if someone has already asked this.

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I don't think anyone could say conclusively, though I would 99% guarantee that the Anniversary Special will not be included in Series 8, nor will the upcoming Christmas Special. The way I see it is that these two upcoming specials sit outside of the 'series' label entirely.

In terms of keeping things looking as tidy as can be I see these two upcoming episodes as 'The Eleventh Doctor Specials'... his era will be rounded off much like the Tenth Doctor's was with his 'Tenth Doctor Specials', outside of numerical series :)

Series 1 - Eccleston

Series 2 - Tennant
    Series 3 - Tennant
    Series 4 - Tennant
    Specials - Tennant

Series 5 - Smith
    Series 6 - Smith
    Series 7 - Smith
    Specials - Smith
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My question is also about the special .. is the 3D version going to be red button only ?
  • Options
    freefallerfreefaller Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    I'm going to add my anniversary related question here too. Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING that is going to be broadcast this week on television and radio? RT is not very helpful in this matter.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    My question is also about the special .. is the 3D version going to be red button only ?

i think so, however im sure it will be uploaded to the usual sites within an hour of broadcast,:D
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    freefaller wrote: »
    I'm going to add my anniversary related question here too. Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING that is going to be broadcast this week on television and radio? RT is not very helpful in this matter.

Here you go, best I've seen, also if you can get Radio Wales they are doing a special on Thursday at 10am featuring Steven Moffat, Jenna and others from the Doctor Who Experience.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/50th-anniversary-bbc-tv-programmes-line-up-54773.htm
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    i think so, however im sure it will be uploaded to the usual sites within an hour of broadcast,:D

cheers. i don't think i'd download it though if it wasn't.