Paramore Appreciation Thread

Comments

• P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x+y wrote: »
    Update on things from Hayley has been posted: http://yelyahwilliams.tumblr.com/post/63939323343

Ain't It Fun video has been scrapped and is being re-filmed as the band aren't happy with it.

Next single in the UK will be Daydreaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O33eO4A9HZ4

Nice enough song, but I think there are other tracks on the album that are better single choices imo.
    mimicole wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I saw this blog post last month and meant to post a link. I'd have agreed with you about Daydreaming not being very strong a few months ago. It was the one song on the album that I wasn't overly keen on but I love it now, particularly since seeing it live.

I'd like to see them release Ain't It Fun at some point though I'm not sure about the radio edit. I have a feeling that a lot of it would be cut and I really like the song as it is. I'm happy for it to just be a brilliant album track :)

Thanks, I hadn't seen that before. I do like Daydreaming but it isn't one of my favourites and I'm surprised it's be chosen as a single.

I agree about the Ain't It Fun edit. They wouldn't be able to play the full song without cutting it down and I wouldn't like that to happen.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    The video for Daydreaming has been released.

Filmed over two nights at Wembley Arena during their UK tour in September. It features actors as well as live footage. I didn't realise that the video was being shot but other people in the crowd did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video for Daydreaming has been released.

Filmed over two nights at Wembley Arena during their UK tour in September. It features actors as well as live footage. I didn't realise that the video was being shot but other people in the crowd did.

I like it :)
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daydreaming has now been added to the Radio 1 playlist this week! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daydreaming has now been added to the Radio 1 playlist this week! :)

I didn't expect them to do that :)
    Forum Member
    P_P wrote: »
    I didn't expect them to do that :)

That doesn't surprise me. The band have quite a lot to do with R1 when they're in England. They've playlisted every other single from this album and they always make a Live Lounge appearance. :)
    Forum Member
    Hello! :)

Paramore made their debut on Good Morning America today. They performed "Still Into You" as it is still the US single. They were going to release "Ain't It Fun" but they were not happy with the video. I don't know what the next US single is going to be. I know that the UK single is "Daydreaming".

"Still Into You" on Good Morning America
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello! :)

Paramore made their debut on Good Morning America today. They performed "Still Into You" as it is still the US single. They were going to release "Ain't It Fun" but they were not happy with the video. I don't know what the next US single is going to be. I know that the UK single is "Daydreaming".

"Still Into You" on Good Morning America

I don't understand how Hayley can sing that well when she must be so out of breath! :):D
    Forum Member
    I don't understand how Hayley can sing that well when she must be so out of breath! :):D

She keeps herself very fit. :)

I will say though that she sings around the note rather than hitting it sometimes. For example "Let 'em wonder how we got this far". She takes a breath between each word rather than hitting the note. It's not a criticism, I think that she's a great singer and it's her main instrument so it's bound to get tired and worn out. They've toured non-stop for the last year or so. :)

I've set this blend as my desktop background. :)

2rniowl.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She keeps herself very fit. :)

I will say though that she sings around the note rather than hitting it sometimes. For example "Let 'em wonder how we got this far". She takes a breath between each word rather than hitting the note. It's not a criticism, I think that she's a great singer and it's her main instrument so it's bound to get tired and worn out. They've toured non-stop for the last year or so. :)

She does, so it was harder to sing along with her live :D
    I've set this blend as my desktop background. :)

2rniowl.jpg

I really like it :)
    Forum Member
    The band have shot another video for "Ain't It Fun" after they were unhappy with the original video. :) I can't wait to see it. It's one of my favourites on the new album.

I admire them for sticking to the guns and not releasing the video that they were unhappy with, especially as they were in the middle of a world-tour and it would have been easier to just release the original video. It takes guts to stand up to your record label and a respected director and say that you aren't happy with their work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stay The Night now has an official release date of the 10th Feb if anyone's interested. It's already picking up airplay on Kiss, so all good. I just hope it can become a hit. :)
    Forum Member
    The band have been confirmed to play Ain't It Fun on The Voice USA Finaletonight. Although because they is happening they have had to cancel their Jingle Bell Ball appearance in Florida.

Not entirely sure how I feel about this. Surely the Jingle Bell Ball was scheduled way before this TV performance. I wonder how the Jingle Bell Ball organisers feel about this.
    Stay The Night now has an official release date of the 10th Feb if anyone's interested. It's already picking up airplay on Kiss, so all good. I just hope it can become a hit. :)

Normally i'm not a fan of this sort of music but this one isn't too bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was surprised at how successful it is in America, peaking at 19 :)
    The band have been confirmed to play Ain't It Fun on The Voice USA Finaletonight. Although because they is happening they have had to cancel their Jingle Bell Ball appearance in Florida.

Not entirely sure how I feel about this. Surely the Jingle Bell Ball was scheduled way before this TV performance. I wonder how the Jingle Bell Ball organisers feel about this.

Good to see they got to perform on a huge show in America. I hadn't heard about the Jingle Bell Ball, I don't think it was the best move to cancel it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas Paramore fans :)

Jeremy and Kat's baby is due any day now. :)
    Forum Member
    Jeremy Davis and his wife Kat became parents for the first time on the 28th December at around 7pm in London to their daughter. She is as yet unnamed.

Congratulations to the pair of them. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy Davis and his wife Kat became parents for the first time on the 28th December at around 7pm in London to their daughter. She is as yet unnamed.

Congratulations to the pair of them. :)

You beat me to it! :)

So happy for them, wish all of the family the best :)

Looking forward to more photos :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Radio 1 have got behind 'Stay The Night'. From Monday it's on their C List. It'll no doubt climb up to A List over the next few weeks! :)

Hope it can become a hit!
    Forum Member
    Looks like Radio 1 have got behind 'Stay The Night'. From Monday it's on their C List. It'll no doubt climb up to A List over the next few weeks! :)

Hope it can become a hit!

I'm not really a fan of the released studio version but Zedd recently released an acoustic version made especially for the iTunes Session. This video also has behind-the-scenes footage of the recording process. :) I like this version a lot more.
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Have you guys heard about the Momentour? Wish it was over here, would love to see Paramore and Fall Out Boy live together.
    Forum Member
    brettriot wrote: »
    Have you guys heard about the Momentour? Wish it was over here, would love to see Paramore and Fall Out Boy live together.

Yes I've heard a fair bit about that. They seem to tour a lot with other bands. They've toured with You Me At Six, Tegan & Sara amongst others and they are about to go on their very own cruise tour called Parahoy! I wish that I was able to go to that.

I played Ain't It Fun on hospital radio last night :)
    Forum Member
    Paramore have been announced as one of the bands to co-headline this year's Reading & Leeds festival in August.

:)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a556712/paramore-queens-of-the-stone-age-to-headline-reading-and-leeds-2014.html

I noticed that the video for Ain't It Fun hasn't been added to the thread.

Here it is - Ain't It Fun
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I've heard a fair bit about that. They seem to tour a lot with other bands. They've toured with You Me At Six, Tegan & Sara amongst others and they are about to go on their very own cruise tour called Parahoy! I wish that I was able to go to that.

I played Ain't It Fun on hospital radio last night :)

Going on the cruise would have been the dream for me. Especially as Tegan and Sara were also on there :p
    Paramore have been announced as one of the bands to co-headline this year's Reading & Leeds festival in August.

:)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a556712/paramore-queens-of-the-stone-age-to-headline-reading-and-leeds-2014.html

I noticed that the video for Ain't It Fun hasn't been added to the thread.

Here it is - Ain't It Fun

Good line up this year, in my opinion :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked to see how well Ain't It Fun is doing in the US. It's currently their highest charting single at #14 and was #7 on iTunes a couple of days ago.

I was very surprised to see that considering the little impact it's made here. Very happy it's doing so well, it's one of the highlights of the album for me. :)
    Forum Member
    I was shocked to see how well Ain't It Fun is doing in the US. It's currently their highest charting single at #14 and was #7 on iTunes a couple of days ago.

I was very surprised to see that considering the little impact it's made here. Very happy it's doing so well, it's one of the highlights of the album for me. :)

Me too. It's a brilliant song. It's one of my happy songs.

I've had that album on repeat since it came out last year.