Am i the only person that thinks 'Now You See Me' is crap

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
Forum Member
Honestly didnt like this movie, It seemed so cheesy to me and like it was too well scripted ( or badly scripted )
I heard there making another a while back just hope its not true

Am i on my own here

Comments

• Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not alone. Faintly enjoyed it while I watched it but complete piffle otherwise.

Always found it ironic that the tag line was "the closer you look, the less you see" - can't think of a more empty movie!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    It's alright. I've seen worse.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it at the cinema & i enjoyed it.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, its utter nonsense but entertaining nonsense. Though to answer your question, since it actually holds a 50% rotten rating over on Rotten Tomatoes, plenty of critics agree with you ;)
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep utter tosh, the opening scene was pretty good but it was downhill all the way from then on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I saw it in the cinema and liked it. But once you know the ending, it's hard to watch it again IMO.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I fell asleep in the cinema watching it but tbf that wasn't down to the movie.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great cast but poor compared to the build up.

Tried to watch it 3 times before seeing it fully
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very much an okay film.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it. It was fun and entertaining.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't say I enjoyed it. It's watchable, nothing more. And once you know the ending that's it.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst films I saw that year.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its just a series of set pieces with no build up or anything satifying.....
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed by the little magic that was showcased. Then their aim to make it into a special cult - which promised much - was only teased, made me feel 'That should've been in the movie'. The reveal of the blue hooded figure, left me saying "right...". That was worth it. But it was an ok film.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only got about half an hour in then turned it off. Just found it irritating.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It thought it was far cleverer than it actually was. I also didn't think the "four horsemen" were particularly likable protagonists. They seemed to do a very good job of making them far too smug for their own good. I wanted Jonathan Creek to show up and bust their act wide open, then for them all to get arrested.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any movie that uses cgi in place of real magic tricks is just pointless.
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    So will anyone be going to see Now you see me 2 which is due out next year I believe.

I loved NYSM even though it was preposterous. However I still haven't worked out why Michael Caine disappeared as if by magic half way through!
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was alright up until the bank vault trick, which gave me the impression that they were going to explain how things were done. But by the time we got to the CGI bubbles, I'd realised they were just going with CGI effect and no explanation so I lost interest.

No, I didn't like it either.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it but can't remember a moment of it now. Literally, no recollection. So I could probably watch it again!
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news OP. The sequel comes out on June 10, 2016. Rejoice.