Options

News and Children's channels to move on 3rd September

Comments

• Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    The channel number change has happened here but I have noticed that the extra channels I get with BT are still in the 400s. Darren

That's a Youview/BT issue - not very much to do with Freeview, it's not broadcast data. Try the Youview forum?
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was also expexping some of the BT extra channels in the 400s to also maybe change channel numbers on Youview.

Darren
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The channel number change has happened here but I have noticed that the extra channels I get with BT are still in the 400s.
    Why wouldn't they be? 300-399 is for expansion, not for immediate renumbering of existing channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wbc-Worker wrote: »
    + who can say how long 80 will still show BBC News
    It will show it indefinitely if that is the LCN that the receiver still has it associated with. There is only one service being broadcast, not two.

Edit: it is jolly annoying to have this discussion going on on two different threads now, I don't suppose there is any chance the mods could merge them, is there?
  • Options
    eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Edit: it is jolly annoying to have this discussion going on on two different threads now, I don't suppose there is any chance the mods could merge them, is there?

For readability, a merge probably isn't the best of ideas. I wouldn't be opposed to closing a few thread though.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I was also expexping some of the BT extra channels in the 400s to also maybe change channel numbers on Youview.

Darren
    Not until the holding slide on 301 is cleared in a month's time, then the YouView services can move up and start in the 300s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eladkse wrote: »
    For readability, a merge probably isn't the best of ideas. I wouldn't be opposed to closing a few thread though.
    The deed has been done :)
  • Options
    Geoff_WGeoff_W Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Successfully retuned my bedroom LG (loft aerial) and all changes OK.

Trying to retune my main Sony TV (roof aerial) and it refuses to do the job properly.

Both TV aerials are pointing at the Nottingham Transmitter (sited at Kimberley, 9 miles North of Nottingham city).

I've tried both Auto and Manual tuning with the same result:-

Ch. 70 CBBC and Ch. 71 Cbeebies have not moved and there is no Ch. 120 or Ch. 121.
    Channels 80, 81 etc. have not moved and there are no channel numbers in the 130 series.

I believe the affected channels are on UHF Ch. 27 on the Nottingham transmitter. Signal Strength and Quality is very good on all the UHF channels which carry programming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoff_W wrote: »
    Ch. 70 CBBC and Ch. 71 Cbeebies have not moved and there is no Ch. 120 or Ch. 121.
    Channels 80, 81 etc. have not moved and there are no channel numbers in the 130 series.
    Are there duplicates of CBBC etc. in the 800s with the channel moved message? My Sony TV suffers from the same problem, it seems the only way I can get the channels moved to the new LCNs is to renumber them manually.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done here with channel moved messages on the epg, hope they all these get removed soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    Are there duplicates of CBBC etc. in the 800s with the channel moved message? My Sony TV suffers from the same problem, it seems the only way I can get the channels moved to the new LCNs is to renumber them manually.

Yup, that's what's happened - I've got a load of 800's, including several entries for the same channels.

You don't happen to know how to clear the entire channel memory so I can start over, do you? It doesn't work to retune with the aerial unplugged, unfortunately.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Not until the holding slide on 301 is cleared in a month's time, then the YouView services can move up and start in the 300s.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Darren
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't happen to know how to clear the entire channel memory so I can start over, do you? It doesn't work to retune with the aerial unplugged, unfortunately.

You could try putting the model number into http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/howtoretune/retuning_instructions - but you may well come up with whatever you've already done.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to retune my main Sony TV (roof aerial) and it refuses to do the job properly.
    Isn't the process on Sony TVs all automatic and happens overnight?
    That's what happened with the channel changes from the 1st September on my Sony TV. I was expecting the same to happen for today's changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, that's what's happened - I've got a load of 800's, including several entries for the same channels.

Well I worked it out in the end, I was pressing the wrong button at the end of "Digital Auto Tuning" - I'd been pressing Return instead of the button in the middle. All sorted out now.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    The main slate does not mention that CBeebies HD has moved.

LCN 74 has a different slate.

(Ok, the reason will be that CBeebies HD doesn't have universal coverage)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    All done here with channel moved messages on the epg, hope they all these get removed soon.
    They will be there for about a month. They are not doing anyone any harm.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Did a retune and detected carriers on C42 and C45 for the first time ever, not strong enough to register any channels though. Looks like atmospherics could cause a bit of trouble for some people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fixed it by using the "Sledgehammer to Crack a Nut" scenario - Factory Reset. Manually tuned the appropriate UHF channels and all is now correct. Just got to set up the whole TV again!
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll retune later. My HD reception tends to be quite poor at dusk at this time of year, so I'll have to wait until it goes dark.
  • Options
    Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've re-tuned mine, however I've lost a good 20 channels. Very confused, especially as one of them is Dave (that I've lost), however I still have Dave Ja Vu!
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Humax box picks up duplicates of nearly every available channel and it's sometimes difficult to work out which is the strongest one. Anyway, it offered me the automatic option and I've gone along with it. All seems okay so far, but I had recently performed a manual tune, as some of the channels kept stuttering. As long as it keeps working I'll leave it alone.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wbc-Worker wrote: »
    they would not be asking in that case - would they ?

+ who can say how long 80 will still show BBC News

That was going to be my question. If I didn't retune (I have by the way) how long would I be able to watch the old channel numbers before they went blank.
  • Options
    eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was going to be my question. If I didn't retune (I have by the way) how long would I be able to watch the old channel numbers before they went blank.

Indefinitely. It's the same video stream - put very simply, all the retune did was tell your tuner to change the number. If you haven't retuned, the Childrens and News channels will still work fine (though you miss out on a lot of other changes, as some Entertainment channels have changed multiplex).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't go blank unless there is a change of Mux or some other radical change. The only possible conflict will be if and when another channel launches on the old LCN, chances are the set will place it in the 800s if you do nothing else.