Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Could that be the reason why he hasnt been playing well because he was injured?
    First Giroud, then Debuchy, now Ozil? Oh FFS :mad:

It could be the reason. Why would Wenger play him though and risk him? I Aw is not as great as he once was but even he is not that silly. Like u say Giroud and Debuchy it just seems like same old.

We need to buy big in Jan to really not just try and compete for the league but get into the top 4.
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw is not as great as he once was but even he is not that silly.

After some of the decisions he has made over the past few years I'm not so sure you can say that!
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SSN said we have eight first reamers injured but they are wrong as they didn't include Diaby on the list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    SSN said we have eight first reamers injured but they are wrong as they didn't include Diaby on the list.

Diaby is not injured well not according to Afc.com. Its not a shock our injuries

. I think the Ozil one could be a blessing in disguise. He always goes on about winter breaks now he has one. I think this gives him the chance to rest and come back strong when we need him most. It will give others a chance to start in the right place. Theo comes back after the internationals and Gnabry. I think we have enough talent to win games till Ramsey comes back. Its Debuchy who we really miss. A dm and cb are a must for jan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diaby is not injured well not according to Afc.com. Its not a shock our injuries

. I think the Ozil one could be a blessing in disguise. He always goes on about winter breaks now he has one. I think this gives him the chance to rest and come back strong when we need him most. It will give others a chance to start in the right place. Theo comes back after the internationals and Gnabry. I think we have enough talent to win games till Ramsey comes back. Its Debuchy who we really miss. A dm and cb are a must for jan

Perhaps he's okay now but was said to have a hip injury at the weekend. Agree we need those signings.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    It could be the reason. Why would Wenger play him though and risk him? I Aw is not as great as he once was but even he is not that silly. Like u say Giroud and Debuchy it just seems like same old.

We need to buy big in Jan to really not just try and compete for the league but get into the top 4.

Remember Freddie Ljunberg saying in an interview Wenger played him all the time with an injury.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I want Ox to have a go in the middle when Theo comes back. He always looks good in the middle for England.

Think this might become a reality with Ozil out injured.

Agree that Shad Forsythe hasn't made a difference. If anything our injury record this season is even worse than last.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    We need more than just a new fitness coach we need a whole new medical team.
    Any remember Gary Lewin? Now, I cant recall the 'exact' point, but I think our injuries significantly increased around the point where he stopped being our physiotherapist, and got the England job...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    Remember Freddie Ljunberg saying in an interview Wenger played him all the time with an injury.

Didnt RVP once say he was in pain all the time he played for us too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kos has been sent home for treatment on his Achilles injury. I hope he doesn't do it properly soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arseblog has news of an interesting interview the new head of our academy did with a Dutch football magazine in September.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/10/jonker-arsenal-scouting-must-be-restructured/

It's worth reading if you have the chance but two things stood out for me. First the need for us to restructure our entire scouting network and secondly the comment he made that "It is important that Wenger and I work closely together. What I do see is that everybody at the club has the feeling that they need to have the green light from Wenger before they do anything. But maybe that is not the case".

It's further evidence (if any was needed) of the unhealthy amount of power Arsene wields at the club - with the established culture being that every single football related matter has to go through him. It's not right, it's certainly not healthy and the sooner it changes (with him leaving) the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems confusion on the extent of Kos's injury. The club say it isn't serious but French reports are the he has chronic inflammation of both Achilles tendons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Times have changed a bit. Five Arsenal players on the pitch for England tonight.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    Arseblog has news of an interesting interview the new head of our academy did with a Dutch football magazine in September.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/10/jonker-arsenal-scouting-must-be-restructured/

It's worth reading if you have the chance but two things stood out for me. First the need for us to restructure our entire scouting network and secondly the comment he made that "It is important that Wenger and I work closely together. What I do see is that everybody at the club has the feeling that they need to have the green light from Wenger before they do anything. But maybe that is not the case".

It's further evidence (if any was needed) of the unhealthy amount of power Arsene wields at the club - with the established culture being that every single football related matter has to go through him. It's not right, it's certainly not healthy and the sooner it changes (with him leaving) the better.

Either he knows Aw controls everything or not? how can he say maybe its not the case either it is or not.

Read the whole article. It is great to see him and Ivan are planning post Wenger so its not all doom and gloom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either he knows Aw controls everything or not? how can he say maybe its not the case either it is or not.

Maybe he just hasn't had enough experience within the club yet to know, it's a strange thing to bring up though isn't it? However, given that this has been suggested numerous times in the past by other sources and given the ridiculously inefficient way the club behaves at times it really isn't too much of a stretch to believe it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one up to speed on Ospina's injury? I read that it is a hip/thigh injury but no real details of how bad or how long he is out for.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    don't we need Ospina for the next CL game? This is getting silly, even by our lofty injury standards >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one up to speed on Ospina's injury? I read that it is a hip/thigh injury but no real details of how bad or how long he is out for.

There is nothing on Arsenal.com about him being injured or anywhere else that i can see. So i would assume he is ok
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing on Arsenal.com about him being injured or anywhere else that i can see. So i would assume he is ok

Physioroom have him down as injured with no expected return date listed. He wasn't on the bench against Chelsea so presumably something was up. http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

According to Arsenal Mania he suffered a thigh strain in the World Cup and has suffered two more since joining us, one on July 27 and another one in the last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Physioroom have him down as injured with no expected return date listed. He wasn't on the bench against Chelsea so presumably something was up. http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Ok. Not sure how reliable they are. Lets hope its not serious. Looks like Martinez will be in goal for Anderlect.

He was injured after the wc you r right. Hope he does not become injury prone while with us ffs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope Martinez puts in a good performance :eek:
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No posts for nearly a week:o

Koscielny out for Saturday means a probable defence of Bellerin, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs.

Well done Wenger. Keep earning that £8 million a year.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Arsenal AGM today. Loads of questions thrown at the board but very few answers.

The £3m to Kroenke Sports Entertainment was justified poorly with reasons like "for the wide range of services provided by KSE to Arsenal" and "they have an extensive and long experience in modern sports management."

"We are entirely satisfied the fee was appropriate. In terms of any future fees, that would depend on the nature of the services provided."

I really have a bad feeling about Kroenke and him bleeding the fans with every penny we have until he sells up for a massive profit on his shares.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosicky is apparently crocked as well.
This discussion has been closed.