Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Rouxs addressed the Tasiha gun being let off incident at all if that is what you are referring to? There was some reference by Nel, but everything seemed down to 4 Bullets through the Door for Prosecution and Defence on poor, poor (and now poor) little Oscar.

I meant the shooting into the cubicle door, the bit where the CH happened. I thought this sentencing was supposed to reflect the level of "negligence" - gung-ho, not checking where Reeva was, 4 shots into a cubicle etc. Yes, Nel mentioned it first this morning, then got into Reeva, before taking a break and coming back to the crime scene. But Roux didn't mention it at all? Not even in terms of poor terrified Oscar? It's almost as if they want to remove all trace of the actual event too!!
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting my hopes up on sentence. I did on the verdict and look what happened there.
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    The Judge is finally beginning to see the light that has been blinding some of us all for months. Media evidence and its negative effect, in the bin. SAPs cocking things up, in the bin.
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    I'm still hoping the Judge will surprise everyone on Tuesday and come back with a suitable sentence ie jail time.

I've booked a Flight to SA as apparently Pigs will Fly. I'm hoping Masipa does not let me down after all that cost. It will be better than an Eclipse of the Moon and the "Celebrations" in the Streets might be something to behold?

Joking of Course, she can be totally relied upon.

Just think if OP gets to go back to Uncles House would Uncle really want that for the next 3 years? Would the Family adopt a Siege Mentality, let alone having OP kicking off when he starts dropping his pretences? My guess is if that happened they will all move out, or stick him in the Cellar with his own Shower and a stool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've booked a Flight to SA as apparently Pigs will Fly. I'm hoping Masipa does not let me down after all that cost. It will be better than an Eclipse of the Moon and the "Celebrations" in the Streets might be something to behold?

Just think if OP gets to go back to Uncles House would Uncle really want that for the next 3 years? Would the Family adopt a Siege Mentality, let alone having OP kicking off when he starts dropping his pretences? My guess is if that happened they will all move out, or stick him in the Cellar with his own Shower and a stool.

Don't forget Op has his own cupboard at Uncies house. Aimeeeee, visits him in it for a cuddle. Stick a stool in that. Job done.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking Nel going for 10 years was a bit of a bargaining ploy. I can't imagine he believes there is a realistic chance of a 10 year sentence. But by setting the bar high (rather than, say suggest 5 years) there is just a chance Pistorious will get at least a few years. Just my take. Probably completely off beam!
  • Options
    Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    I'm disgusted how he sobbed(for himself) when Roux was saying he'd lost everything. Making sure Masipa can see him as she's looking at Roux's direction but when her eyes are on Nel OP is giving the death stare. He's not remorseful at all >:(

And did you see the size of the handkerchief he used, to make sure she noticed? Any bigger and it would have been a tablecloth!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wackyw wrote: »
    I meant the shooting into the cubicle door, the bit where the CH happened. I thought this sentencing was supposed to reflect the level of "negligence" - gung-ho, not checking where Reeva was, 4 shots into a cubicle etc. Yes, Nel mentioned it first this morning, then got into Reeva, before taking a break and coming back to the crime scene. But Roux didn't mention it at all? Not even in terms of poor terrified Oscar? It's almost as if they want to remove all trace of the actual event too!!

Sorry. Roux played a game of referring the Judge to other Court cases where people were shot and let off. They were no way the same as Nel was so good at pointing out. No Roux knows what he was doing, but the material for a justifiable Defence, at the end of the day was not that great to play with. So back to poor suffering OP and of course the Judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who wondered about Abuntu.

The main modern proponent of ubuntu philosophy is Archbishop Desmond Tutu. In his book, No Future Without Forgiveness, he describes a person with ubuntu as "open and available to others, affirming of others ... has a proper self-assurance." The ubuntu this person possesses comes from being part of a greater whole. South Africa's post-apartheid truth and reconciliation commission, which was chaired by Tutu, would have borrowed from ubuntu philosophy.
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member

And Aunty Lois shaking her head at " luxurious house " why? Does she think their house isn't?! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caro07 wrote: »
    And did you see the size of the handkerchief he used, to make sure she noticed? Any bigger and it would have been a tablecloth!

I missed it, was too busy typing and listening instead of watching :blush: Was it a proper diva type wave and sniff with his "sail of sorrow". :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha good point. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Aunty Lois shaking her head at " luxurious house " why? Does she think their house isn't?! :o

I saw that. She appeared to disagree. Hmmm
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member

Yup, you couldn't miss it! :D
  • Options
    wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. Roux played a game of referring the Judge to other Court cases where people were shot and let off. They were no way the same as Nel was so good at pointing out. No Roux knows what he was doing, but the material for a justifiable Defence, at the end of the day was not that great to play with. So back to poor suffering OP and of course the Judge.

Yep, that's a good summing up, I'm up to speed now ! Thanks Plank :)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Where's our timekeeper go? Straker (sorry if name is wrong).

*waves*
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I'm not getting my hopes up on sentence. I did on the verdict and look what happened there.

Same here.

I'm expecting him to getva tap on the wrist and maybe an apology for them wasting his time.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Aunty Lois is a conundrum all of her own. :p
  • Options
    smackasmacka Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Nel going for 10 years was a bit of a bargaining ploy. I can't imagine he believes there is a realistic chance of a 10 year sentence. But by setting the bar high (rather than, say suggest 5 years) there is just a chance Pistorious will get at least a few years. Just my take. Probably completely off beam!

Yes I agree, I think he was suggesting 10 hoping for 5, I reckon it will be 5 suspended including 3 community service.

Just a guess like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously if all that is standing between Pistorious and a custodial sentence is a flippin bench, I'll buy the bench myself and take it personally to SA. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Looks like a lot see this as Acting, who knows what props he may have, he was never searched and what rehearsing was undertaken. When they make the Movie he'll want the leading part and will be able to provide the video evidence to prove it. So, So telling how he switches when Nel gets up that stare of hate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seriously if all that is standing between Pistorious and a custodial sentence is a flippin bench, I'll buy the bench myself and take it personally to SA. ;-)

I'm flying out as already indicated I can take it if you want. :D
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Don't forget Op has his own cupboard at Uncies house. Aimeeeee, visits him in it for a cuddle. Stick a stool in that. Job done.

Like Harry Potter at the Dursleys. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aunty Lois is a conundrum all of her own. :p

Maybe she is shaking her head at the thought of years and years of OP sitting unwanted in HER House? Still she could always nip off to one of those Game Reserves, Complexes or Hotels they own.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    Taken from Twitter:

Important clarification: it wasn't Mikey Schultz who swore at Aimee Pistorius. Allegedly Schultz's friend Mark Strydom did so @eNCAnews

  Follow Aimee Joy Pistorius‏@AimeePistorius@karynmaughan: Important clarification: it wasn't Mikey Schultz who swore at Aimee Pistorius. Allegedly Schultz's friend Mark Strydom”

This ridiculous family are not learning to keep their heads down yet. :confused:

As I said during the trial I think there's far more behind the altercation Pistorious had over Samantha Taylor leading to the Marc Batchelor incident.
This discussion has been closed.