Open letter to the Mods: Why aren't all the Heart threads merged?

James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Open letter to the Mods,

This is becoming a serious problem. Every time I come on this site there's at least three different threads on Heart - most of them repeating the old "Michael Buble FM" balls we've read on all three threads ad nauseum.

The irony is, that people who continue to post the same things about Heart, are actually more repetitive and predictable than the playlist they attempt to berate.

Can I suggest that there is either a merged thread for ALL discussion on Heart, or a sub-forum?

I want to read things about the smaller groups who have got far more interesting things going on, without having half the forum moaning because they had to listen to Michael Buble today.

I just think a fair playing field is required. Who's with me?

Comments

• bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hear hear
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agreed
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    So you started yet another one? :p
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. ;)
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto James's sentiments. I want more thread variety!
  • tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Ditto James's sentiments. I want more thread variety!

Yes please.

More Thread Variety.

Can we have a Feel Good Friday too, where all the threads have to be positive on a Friday?

Hahaha. Yeah, right. :p
  • bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how about a Time Tunnel Tuesday where we all get bleary eyed about Atlantic and Laser? lol
  • tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    bodderz wrote: »
    how about a Time Tunnel Tuesday where we all get bleary eyed about Atlantic and Laser? lol

Ok, but only if we can have Club Classics between 7pm and 10pm every night, where only disco deejays are allowed to post comments!

I'm sorry, I've gone too far now. :o

I agree. Let's have one Heart thread.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bodderz wrote: »

And only those two stations to keep on-brand!
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I had to listen to Michael Buble today, it was actually quite good but Heart do play him too much so there haha!
    I disagree, the different threads are about different things.
    I created one, Is There Anything You Like About Heart? to put a different spin on the discussion, how would that have worked in a generic general Heart thread?
    These forums are for everyone alike, radio fans, radio professionals, the casual general public and martians if they could post
    Face it, Heart is one of the most controversial things to happen to UK commercial radio, there's going to be a lot of discussion.
    If you don't like the repetitiveness of the threads any more than some forum members don't like Hollywood by Michael Buble, you do know that different threads are available.
    Instead you feel like you have to try and take control of what people want to discuss, but bluntly what gives you that right?
    I'm personally bored of The X Factor each year but I would never attempt to stop people discussing it, but it does have its own sub forum so its threads don't dominate the TV programmes forum so maybe you do have a point about a Heart sub forum, but I'm not with you on the merged thread.

If there was more choice on the UK radio dial there'd be a lot more stations to post about than Heart, there might be more posts about radio gigs, schedule changes and imaging on all the stations that Heart replaced, it's what you get for wiping out all those choices.

When I get bored of say the radio forum, I take a read of some different forum I barely read usually just for a change, such as Books or Cars
    Sub-forum for Heart might be an idea though, then there can be a lot of threads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    its because if they did that it would half the number of threads on the board!
  • James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if I start a thread called "Banbury Sound moves to Honiley today" it's not going to get merged into the one about the Quidem takeover?

Hmm.