BBC to Axe F1?

1789101113»

Comments

• ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure Channel 4 would be good home. Their reputation for sport has disintegrated in the last five years, to the point where they're seen as the nag racing channel.

Okay, they've got a week or two of high-profile athletics coming up later this year, and the lower-profile Paralympics next year, but that portfolio is hardly Sky Sports, is it? :D

Why would Bernie sell F1 rights to that?!

This. Since when has Ch4 been upmarket? :confused:

I hope it stays with the BBC. The BBC can find the money to cover it anyway.
  • freefallerfreefaller Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Niggie wrote: »

They sent HOW MANY DJs with overinflated opinions of themselves to Glastonbury this year ? - Send less DJs, it will save Aunty Beeb money...

Radio 1s big weekend-as far as I'm aware, tickets were free so the license fee was going on that. I'm sorry but how can that be justified when the BBC have to make big cuts. These festivals get too much coverage, I can't see it being anymore worthwhile than F1 (biased opinion much?:p)

And to be fair, what "top class drama" did the Beeb spend on before they acquired F1? I've always been fully satisfied.

I'm sorry but I love the sport and there would be no way of me watching it on Sky if they made a bid for it. Plus, I'm assuming that more men would have Sky Sports due to the demographic it's aimed at? Well, my female friends and I would surely miss out because they have no interest in getting it either. Could you imagine a pub showing a race every week like they do Football?
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,610
    Forum Member
    IanFergus wrote: »
    I think that you are about fifty years behind the times. The Queen? Aga Khan? Sheikh Mohammed? etc etc
    I don't think they spend their time watching the 2:30 from Towcester on the TV.