Options

EastEnders - Janine's best moments

jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seen as though we'll soon be losing her for a little while I thought I'd do this thread to celebrate some classic Janine. I think she's the funniest character on the show at the moment

I loved her line tonight "I need to figure out if I need to put my empire on hold whilst I play peek-a-boo for the next five years"

There are more

Comments

• Options
    MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'If only he'd worn slip on shoes!'

Just thought I'd get that one out of the way early. Classic ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the scene where she tells everyone Stacey killed Archie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIFgZRlR1YY
  • Options
    MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her fight with Laura Beale! Janine is so nasty and vindictive but soo great! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYQ1w8yT3xs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The storyline where she ate dogfood and locked herself in her flat.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I loved her even as a kid

' Shut up you fat ol' cow '
    Pat chasing her and falling flat on her face
    and a great prediction from Ian
    ' I hate to think what she's going to be like when she grows up'. :D
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her Jewish wedding. "Her names Janine Butcher and shes about as Jewish as a bacon sandwich!" :D I miss Pat.
  • Options
    fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks she's been a much better character in her current stint (2008 onwards) to her previous stint (1999-2004) ????
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Not a funny one but the scene between Janine and Pat when Pat was dying is one of my favourite Janine scenes because it's so rare to see her more sensitive side and how Janine maybe could have been.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks she's been a much better character in her current stint (2008 onwards) to her previous stint (1999-2004) ????
    I also think since she came back in 2008 she's better then she was in her first stint, she was a bit of a mess in 1999-2004
    Janine's more fun and has more sides to her character.
  • Options
    Forum Member

She has more warmth now...we use to see the odd flash of it but you could never be sure that it was genuine. I always thought that she would dance on Pat's grave so this last year or so has been a breakthrough.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

You're not alone - like her now as much as I do Mandy now they've both moved on and become a lot more interesting :) I thought before, Janine was just ten a penny and was no so much an interesting focal point but more a so what. Now she's rocking and rolling :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I also think since she came back in 2008 she's better then she was in her first stint, she was a bit of a mess in 1999-2004
    Janine's more fun and has more sides to her character.

Her first stint started in 1989. Anyone who hasn't seen her as a child should check her out. The girl who played her puts all the current child actors to shame.
    Sorry I can't do links or I'd put some up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Her first stint started in 1989. Anyone who hasn't seen her as a child should check her out. The girl who played her puts all the current child actors to shame.
    Sorry I can't do links or I'd put some up.

Remember that young actress well Vald and yep agree she was something and she made you want to loathe her.
  • Options
    hammiehammie Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked her recent line where she was talking about her wedding and mentioned about the second coming of heather trott. Typical thing for her to say.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I liked her whole prostitution/drug addiction storyline that ended with her attempting suicide, not a funny one liner or whatever but it was very well played.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    MediaMan5 wrote: »
    'If only he'd worn slip on shoes!'

Just thought I'd get that one out of the way early. Classic ;)

This:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also her first exit week was pretty epic, I remember how crazy it all seemed - she was running around the Square looking for an alibi begging Pat and Paul etc and about 5 police cars and even a helicopter all came to arrest her infront of every resident (of course) and her suitcase full of money going flying in the air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Probably the best of the most recent episodes for me ( apart from Pat's death ) would have to be when Lydia died...Janine sitting on the windowsill looking out at the sunrise and just talking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked that episode too with Lydia - don't think Janine realised she'd died or she did but was in denial. Also agree, the scene on pat's deathbed was welcomed; I would have been disappointed how they not shown some sentiments from J.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I love her fight with Laura Beale! Janine is so nasty and vindictive but soo great! :)

Ahhh I love this video. I wish they'd have Janine get worked up and throw her weight around more often. I can't remember the last time she had a decent fight. There was that pitiful one in the R&R with Kat and Stacey.. that was really disappointing. I'd like to see her give Kat a good kicking now that she's not pregnant and has nobody to back her up.
  • Options
    dannyl1989dannyl1989 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine's one liners are hilarious...

this was a good one; go to 00.39 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2nZLPPGuI

"too fat, too boring."

Didn't she say on monday's episode she was going to look like 'Heather Trott the second coming walking up the aisle.' Have to admit, I found that funny too.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I loved her bullying of Laura. :o

I just disliked Laura so much that I didn't care that Janine was so vile to her, I remember laughing my ass off when she soaked her in the puddle driving through.
  • Options
    blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much what everyone else has mentioned. The 'slip on shoes' line is a classic EE moment. I also really loved her last scene with Pat. I think Janine has good emotional moments spattered here and there, in a contrast to the great bitchy lines and moments she gets.

I have to say that having Pat listed as 'Fat Pat' on her mobile really made me laugh at the time.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I loved her bullying of Laura. :o

I just disliked Laura so much that I didn't care that Janine was so vile to her, I remember laughing my ass off when she soaked her in the puddle driving through.

Ditto. Janine's relentless, vehement hatred toward Laura was just brilliant. I wish there was somebody on the show for her to spar with like that now. I know they did it with Stacey for a while, but due to the producers love for all things Stace, they generally had her come out on top most of the time, which I did not enjoy :mad: