Gay England Soccer Player to Come Out Publically This Sunday

Comments

• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    As well as semming to be a lovely man, he's also got a pretty damn gorgeous body :blush:

...........and as an added bonus he's almost bald.
    I adore bald men.:blush:
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Whoever it is, why don't they just come out now? Waiting for a specific day will just create more drama than if he'd just got it over quickly and quietly with would it not?

It may affect England's world cup chances - so even the Sun won't print it
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    There isn't a chance in hell of England winning the world cup anyway.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Imagine if it were David Beckham though LOL

NOT Beckham
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote: »

It'd be just typical of the Sun wouldn't it though?

They always think England are going to win and need a scapegoat for when they don't...it's been Rooney, Beckham, referees, Ronaldo. They'd most definitely want a scapegoat for when England are inevitably crap. I can see it now "They were all put off by someones sexuality/it distracted the teams focus and the press attention"
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And would of gone on to play for Wigan if his partner hadn't got very ill... A lovely man met him a few times

That he is. I don't know a single person who hadn't already heard he was gay by the time he officially came out, but I've never heard a bad word about him before or since.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gay people who publically beard and create fake hetero lifestyles for the public will never come out. It will be in their contract with their PR guru that they can't as the PR company's reputation would be in absolute tatters otherwise.

Thinking someone of the profile of Beckham (or in other walks of life, Tom Cruise or John Travolta) might come out one day is crazy
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gay people who publically beard and create fake hetero lifestyles for the public will never come out. It will be in their contract with their PR guru that they can't as the PR company's reputation would be in absolute tatters otherwise.

Thinking someone of the profile of Beckham (or in other walks of life, Tom Cruise or John Travolta) might come out one day is crazy

agree totally.
    very depressing a tweet about this could cause not only a mini media frenzy but various footballers to get on Twitter and let everyone know how heterosexual they are.
    Before Certain Events at a paper caused sleazy stories to dryup there wasn't a weekend when the sexual shenanigans of one of this lot wasn't making front page.
    It almost seemed like a badge of Honour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I take it this was just a fake rumour then?
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Yes the sun denied it and 5 minutes after the rumour started people pointed out the twitter account posting it was all lies

Someone started a thread and suddenly it was 100% happening and people were speculating
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    mintbro wrote: »
    What stories
    News to me.

I remember when Marc Overmars joined Arsenal, one of the tabloids claimed he was having an affair with a Dutch popstar.

Then there was that rumour of a Premiership footballer seeing Will Young.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been rumours for years about DB.

No there hasn't! Honestly, this is a new one :D he had an affair with a woman and there are rumours of more of those.

Honestly, has anyone not had "gay rumours" according to DS. All as baseless as someone on these boards saying someone is gay counting as legitimate. My favourite was the one about Cheryl cole on Ashley. So according to one particularly deluded poster gay men cheat on their wives with WOMEN :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News to me.

I remember when Marc Overmars joined Arsenal, one of the tabloids claimed he was having an affair with a Dutch popstar.

Then there was that rumour of a Premiership footballer seeing Will Young.

I'll be flabbergasted if the other ex-Arsenal European (think Scandinavian) footballer is straight. He's got to be gay.
  • mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it really matter these days if a footballer is gay? The majority of people in the UK don't care anymore. It is organisations like Stonewall that make out people are anti gay still so they can get more money. Looking at their advertising on the London Underground they are making out that we are in the 70s and 80s when people weren't all accepting of homosexuality. Although people who are from African or middle eastern ancestry who are still mostly anti gay and I think that might be who they were aiming it at but they would be accused of being racist if they made it clear they were aiming it at them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Imagine if it were David Beckham though LOL

I don't think it would bother anyone if it was. Gay rights people would be making out as if it changes everything but it doesn't. They seem to still be in the 80s when gay rights was an anti establishment thing and they're trying to be controversial just like interracial relationships before them.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mseven1 wrote: »
    I don't think it would bother anyone if it was. Gay rights people would be making out as if it changes everything but it doesn't. They seem to still be in the 80s when gay rights was an anti establishment thing and they're trying to be controversial just like interracial relationships before them.

Rags would have a field day and people would care very much. One only has to look at how threads at DS exploded when Tom Daley came out. It's still a very big thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Rags would have a field day and people would care very much. One only has to look at how threads at DS exploded when Tom Daley came out. It's still a very big thing.

Who or what is rags? I've not heard of rags

I don't think Tom Daley coming out was a big thing, it was more that people making out it was going to be a big thing and it would change everything but I don't think it has. I think more people were concerned that his boyfriend is 20 years older than him.

After a sexuality has been oppressed it goes through a stage of people making out they're extremely supportive for them. If you look back to interracial relationships they were oppressed and it was illegal, there was a stage where they were frowned upon, a stage people were really supportive and people who question it are accused of being racist and now where no one batters an eyelid. Currently homosexuality is in the stage where people are extremely supportive of it.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Who or what is rags? I've not heard of rags

I don't think Tom Daley coming out was a big thing, it was more that people making out it was going to be a big thing and it would change everything but I don't think it has. I think more people were concerned that his boyfriend is 20 years older than him.

After a sexuality has been oppressed it goes through a stage of people making out they're extremely supportive for them. If you look back to interracial relationships they were oppressed and it was illegal, there was a stage where they were frowned upon, a stage people were really supportive and people who question it are accused of being racist and now where no one batters an eyelid. Currently homosexuality is in the stage where people are extremely supportive of it.

Newspapers. It is a commonly used name for them
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe people care about this sort of shite...

If they found one with an IQ above 50 then that would be news!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    I can't believe people care about this sort of shite...

If they found one with an IQ above 50 then that would be news!

I agree, like I said we are in the stage where some people feel they need to over compensate for homosexuals being oppressed. Those people make out it's some sort of amazing thing when really all what is happening is someone is announcing what their sexual orientation is.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably his closet door's still jammed and can't get out in the open yet...;-) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it would effect the PR company it's not like they were coming out as being sexually attracted to children because that's currently in the stage where it's oppressed and illegal or if they were sexually attracted to animals, corpses or various other sexualities that don't exist yet in our society. It might stop the actors getting specific rolls like being the heart throb for women but that didn't nesacerilly happen with pop stars who have come out.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the public don't even know what bearding is. If they see a relationship in the papers, they assume it's real

PR companies don't want this to change. They can make fortune's out of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the public don't even know what bearding is. If they see a relationship in the papers, they assume it's real

PR companies don't want this to change. They can make fortune's out of it.

What is bearding? I don't see why people are making a big thing about people announcing they have a socially acceptable sexuality.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it really matter these days if a footballer is gay? The majority of people in the UK don't care anymore. It is organisations like Stonewall that make out people are anti gay still so they can get more money. Looking at their advertising on the London Underground they are making out that we are in the 70s and 80s when people weren't all accepting of homosexuality. Although people who are from African or middle eastern ancestry who are still mostly anti gay and I think that might be who they were aiming it at but they would be accused of being racist if they made it clear they were aiming it at them.
    Have you noticed that there are large numbers of people of African or middle eastern ancestry in London, where Stonewall run adverts on the Underground?

Some might say there's a correlation there. No harm done by reminding people to "get over it" IMO. Makes for a much better society.