Options

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Comments

• Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it'll take the release of this game for the developers to realise that we've had enough of this futuristic crap.

Depends how its done. Check out Singularity and Timeshift on the Steam sale mate. Both good games that were missed in the mainstream. Timeshift has that nice dystopian future vibe to it which I like in my games/films.

Can recommend both matey.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I'll probably hang off and see if titanfall 2 comes to ps4 and see if that improves on tf

Titanfall has the same issue for me, I dont like the future or mechs theme much and the game just looks like a COD clone with robots :(

The only reason I have an interest in Destiny is the co-op without that I would be a lot less interested in that game.

Battlefield is still the daddy of online shooters for me, I just hope EA slow down on the whoring of the franchise as they seem to be starting to release a little too often for my liking.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    When I first got my 360 - I had a choice of free game - came down to CoD4 or Halo - in the end I went with CoD4 as I preferred the modern real-world setting over the futuristic interplanetary one.

This time it's 'future' - it's a matter of time before we get the 'Space Warfare' one. That was registered alongside the 'Advanced' moniker.

Great - future, space, just another excuse for coming up with all manner of overpowered sh1t.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss CoD4 mate. without a doubt, the best COD game there is. Y can't we have a return to that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COD 4 was the best in the series, since then I've lost faith in the series just doesn't seem appealing to me anymore. There's so many better shooters out there I just don't see any reason to play a mediocre FPS which is broken even after release.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original MW was great but it started to go downhill as soon as they started with the over the top storylines.

I'd much rather be playing as an SAS soldier than some made up Task Force 141 crapola.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COD4 did all the right things at just the right time. It probably wouldn't be seen as quite as good if it had been COD9.
  • Options
    magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got to say I'm really disappointed its a futuristic game too - I find it hard enough to
    shoot people if they're running, standing, crouching or lying down so its impossible when they can run up walls, leap up many feet into the air or even become invisible (as I find on Titanfall).

I just want a decent "present day" shooting game that plays well to enjoy on my Xbox One (otherwise I might be dusting off the Xbox 360 lol)!

Martin :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it'll take the release of this game for the developers to realise that we've had enough of this futuristic crap.

?

Wasn't black ops 2 the one of the biggest selling in the franchise and Ghosts, which deserved to fail but one still one of the biggest selling game of the year

Who exactly is this 'we've' because personally i can not wait for this is looks great and i'm glad they are fully expressing themselves rather than feeling the constraints of using a real war also i'm looking forward to a 4th game from Treyarch in the WoW/BO stroyline if they go that way
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fallout wants a word with you ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With already over 7.5 million views on YouTube trailer for the new COD.
    The franchise is no where near dead yet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CoD will run for a while yet I'm sure. Part of the problem is the lack of a viable alternative.

Titanfall isn't it. Battlefield isn't it.

Consequently, there's little to no incentive for Activision to change anything. Why would they?

Personally, if another FPS does come along, that ticks all the right boxes, then I hope the majority of folks who play CoD now, stay with CoD. CoD was far better before it went massively popular and they started pandering to people.

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks that really like the futuristic angle, and if there are, good luck to them. yet I fail to see why with three creative/development arms within the franchise, they ALL now seem to be pitching the futuristic slant. With three arms you could easily have covered the recent past (BlOps), present (MW) and the future (Advanced), and mixed things up every year. Instead we're going to be getting pretty much the same thing constantly for the next however many years. Yippee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is people will continue to buy the COD series whatever the state of the franchise. Ghost to me was horrible just a mess in every way. I don't hold much hope for the advanced warfare improving the situation.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    CoD will run for a while yet I'm sure. Part of the problem is the lack of a viable alternative.

Battlefield isn't it.

Is it not? I don't have a single friend on my 360 or ps4. that would agree with that ( well dont think on my Ps4). cod is all about camping getting a kill streak and unleashing overpowered over the top missiles, planes, helicopters amd even dogs on the enemy that if new to the game dont stand a chance. Battlefield on the other hand yes still has the odd camper but due the the scale of the maps will have a very boring game, new players are not at a disadvantage as some of the starting weapons are just as good as the higher ranked weapons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »
    Is it not? I don't have a single friend on my 360 or ps4. that would agree with that ( well dont think on my Ps4). cod is all about camping getting a kill streak and unleashing overpowered over the top missiles, planes, helicopters amd even dogs on the enemy that if new to the game dont stand a chance. Battlefield on the other hand yes still has the odd camper but due the the scale of the maps will have a very boring game, new players are not at a disadvantage as some of the starting weapons are just as good as the higher ranked weapons.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in what I said - I don't deem either Battlefield, or Titanfall to be viable alternatives as they both have fundamental differences that render them 'different'. Too different to consider them as alternatives for CoD. CoD has always been about fast-paced, frenetic CQ combat. No vehicles (with the odd exception), no huge maps that take half a day to traverse. Short games that you can dip in and out of, have a blast, and then on to the next. Battlefield, is different. For better or worse, take your pick.

That being said, I haven't played BF4 yet, but either way, I picked it up yesterday. Even if it's different to CoD - so was Ghosts, but that was utter garbage. At least with BF I know what to expect.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will be the last futuristic COD for a year IMO each developer should have a different time period to focus on

IW - Modern
    3H - Past (Black Ops should of had a 70s setting IMO)
    SG - Future
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me bf is large scale war. Cod is running round your neighbourhood as a kid with toy guns. That can be fun as you had a laugh, but want the full experience now. (Although without real life death of course. I'm happy to respawn)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless all the COD players on my friends list have moved to PS4 it would seem GTA Online has taken over. I used to have 5-10 people playing COD every night on my friends list but this year I haven't seen anyone play Ghost and only the odd time seen someone playing Blops2. GTAO is played by 3-8 people almost every night. Some of these are people who have been playing COD since COD4 when I added them as friends.

Obviously not a huge sample of people but it is something I have noticed over the last couple of months.

Saying that though Netflix seem the most popular game at the moment :p
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely prefer Battlefield over COD now I've played it.

It feels so much more realistic in comparison. Especially with all the vehicles as well. And the areas are so much bigger.

Love being able to parachute on to rooftops if you drop a beacon or jump out of a helicopter.

And so far I've experienced no lag.

Just wish the more experienced players would give us newbies less of a hard time. :)
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mainly see netflix, fifa, trials fusion and bf4 for the most in mine. Quite a few were in share factory yesterday and final Fantasy by a few.

At koantemplation. I'm fairly experienced and get a hard time. These also a bit less tea bagging on bf which tells its own story about cod.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just wish the more experienced players would give us newbies less of a hard time. :)

What system are you playing on?
    as for giving newbies a hard time, there is no way of telling who the enemy is or their rank until you are either killed by them or you kill them, I've played every single bf game since bf1942 on the pc and still have a hwtd time getting kills some days, had my arse handed to me a few times the other day by a level 10 player. Battlefield is all about squad play and it's very difficult to do well on your own, well thats how I find it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What system are you playing on?
    as for giving newbies a hard time, there is no way of telling who the enemy is or their rank until you are either killed by them or you kill them, I've played every single bf game since bf1942 on the pc and still have a hwtd time getting kills some days, had my arse handed to me a few times the other day by a level 10 player. Battlefield is all about squad play and it's very difficult to do well on your own, well thats how I find it.

I'm on PS3 playing BF3.

It's not too bad but my K/D is like 1 / 10 sometimes.

The main problem I find is spawn trapping. Especially on the cargo map where you spawn in the wharehouse a lot.

But It is a lot better than COD, so I'll stick at it. Just wish the kill cam didn't give your position away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PS3 playing BF3.

It's not too bad but my K/D is like 1 / 10 sometimes.

The main problem I find is spawn trapping. Especially on the cargo map where you spawn in the wharehouse a lot.

But It is a lot better than COD, so I'll stick at it. Just wish the kill cam didn't give your position away.

you could always try hard core, no kill cam mini map or hud. you take less damage but also kill the enemy easier. Not sure what you mean by the cargo map
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    you could always try hard core, no kill cam mini map or hud. you take less damage but also kill the enemy easier. Not sure what you mean by the cargo map

I think I mean Kharg Island, the one with lots of containers in the middle and a train track on the edge?

I didn't realise there was a hard core mode. I normally better at sniping on that mode.