having vigin media fitted

2»

Comments

• Options
    sheppy124sheppy124 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well had it fitted today, first impressions

couldnt get sammy box, didnt have any, however the older model does the job.

As I have come from sky, the front end isnt as user friendly, however I did know this, after looking at utube videos, and on here etc, will just take a bit of time getting used to.

Really pleased with the on demand stuff so far works quite well.

opted for a second box in another location and recieved a cisco hd box for that, really impressed with that box, zipps around quite nicely.

Install took a bit longer, had to get a support team round to put a new cable in as the one in was damaged, , intially eng came at 0900 and was up and running by 1500, I thought i would have trouble when the engineer told me this and thinking it wouldnt be done today, howerver really good service in the end.

setting up wireless router no probs there either.

Overall so far thumbs up.
  • Options
    seasidedazseasidedaz Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    good afternoon all was fitted at 9.00 am yesterday with 2 new samsung box's and he took just over half an hour to do the job.
    the engineer i had was great and no problem's early indication's are this could be just a good move but not had chance to play around with the box yet.
    only a small glitch this morning the tv pin would not work so the boxing was off for 10 min's rang in and sorted, if i rang sky i would have paid for the call so somthing else that i am happy with.
  • Options
    seasidedazseasidedaz Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    not happy at all the second v+ box died compleatley today and a sevice called for monday. at present very happy with thing's but this has really brassed me off big time within one month then this happen's does anyone know if virgin credit the account for day's lost for viewing.
  • Options
    Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seasidedaz wrote: »
    not happy at all the second v+ box died compleatley today and a sevice called for monday. at present very happy with thing's but this has really brassed me off big time within one month then this happen's does anyone know if virgin credit the account for day's lost for viewing.

I would hope that Virgin Media would give you a full refund for loss of your second box.

Rental is £5.50 per month for the second box, so around 18p per day!

Excellent service as well with an engineer calling on Monday.
  • Options
    sheppy124sheppy124 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick one, still happily going along with everything, however went to the father in law's today, and he has also jumped onto the virgin media band wagon, I have noticed with his install he has just got a negear wireless router only.

with my install on the 31st jul, I have got a cable modem box, then I have got a dlink wireless router plugged into the back of that via ethernet.

Dont get me wrong its all working ticky to bo, though I am using to plug sockets in this setup, and more space on my stand.

have I be given an older setup or, or is he on a faster broaband as he didnt now whtat package he was on for that. He does have a habit for not knowing what he has signed up for :D

As i would like my plug socket back, if possible in that location for something else.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    sheppy124 wrote: »
    Just a quick one, still happily going along with everything, however went to the father in law's today, and he has also jumped onto the virgin media band wagon, I have noticed with his install he has just got a negear wireless router only.

with my install on the 31st jul, I have got a cable modem box, then I have got a dlink wireless router plugged into the back of that via ethernet.

Dont get me wrong its all working ticky to bo, though I am using to plug sockets in this setup, and more space on my stand.

have I be given an older setup or, or is he on a faster broaband as he didnt now whtat package he was on for that. He does have a habit for not knowing what he has signed up for :D

As i would like my plug socket back, if possible in that location for something else.

You only get a Cable Modem and a Wireless Router
    seperate now,
    if you have signed up for the Size XL 50MB Broadband service,
    which is the faster speed one,
    so your father-in law must of signed up for Size M 10MB Broadband service
    or the Size L 20MB Broadband service, as these have the new Hub Modem, which is an all in one device,
    later this year there will be a hub for the higher speed
    from Size XL 50MB Broadband and above

I hope this helps
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember years ago when Rupert Murdoch claimed that the average working man would not mind paying £30 a month for Sky including all the Sports and Movies.

Now, they are just piling up the cost and pushing Sky out of reach to many customers and sadly, Virginmedia are doing the same.

It is true that both companies have huge debt bases which have to be serviced. BUT can people really in all honesty continue to dig deeper and deeper in their pockets to pay for the digital age?
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    I remember years ago when Rupert Murdoch claimed that the average working man would not mind paying £30 a month for Sky including all the Sports and Movies.

Now, they are just piling up the cost and pushing Sky out of reach to many customers and sadly, Virginmedia are doing the same.

It is true that both companies have huge debt bases which have to be serviced. BUT can people really in all honesty continue to dig deeper and deeper in their pockets to pay for the digital age?

I agree with you, Digital seems to be a lot more expensive
    than what we had, when it was an analogue service
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »

I remember seeing him make that quote too.