Secret Santa presents

BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In work today we did a draw for the Secret Santa for this years Christmas dinner (night out). A little early I know for this thread (so I wouldn't blame you if it dropped right off the page). I just wondered has anyone had any hilarious Secret Santa presents, or any interesting stories.

I have a £5 price limit, and it needs to be something you can wear (preferably during the dinner), so I am dreading what someone might get for me.

Comments

• Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Where did crap this idea of secret santa come from?
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Where did crap this idea of secret santa come from?

From the clever bloke who worked out that he could get away with one present instead of loads.

An even better idea is cheapshite Santa - he buys nothing for anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there was a poster on here (not a WUM one btw), who posted once that one of the Secret Santa pressies at their place of work was a golliwog with a noose round its neck:eek:
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We used to call it a 'Bran Tub' or something like that. We don't have them at work now because of all the stupid red tape and beurocracy (or however you spell it).
    It was quite fun too.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had one at work on and off in the time I've been there (12 years). It was Bran Tub (WTF??) when I started, but has since involved into Secret Santa.

A group of us have decided not to take part anymore though as a) there's been twice when I didn't get anything and b) every year there'll be one cheapskate c*nt who goes way, way under the limit. Year before last this resulted in humiliation for my friend during our Office Christmas dinner, when everyone else had decent and/or imaginitive presents and she got ONE tube of 'revels', at a time when they were on a THREE for one pound offer in ASDA. If you can't be bothered, then don't agree to take part in the first place.