SIR BRUCE IS BACK! - Brucies Bandwagon Rolls On! - Will 'Brucie Bonus' Boost Ratings?

Comments

• holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looked like death warmed up :eek:
  • Miss_EdithMiss_Edith Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    I find Terry's posts quite amusing.
    I don't really mind if he really believes what he posts, or he's as you say, just a WUM.

But he's harmless.

Either way, it's fun shooting him down every time, without having to be nasty about it.

I do wish he would stop maintaining that 'everyone' is in favour of BF, and sometimes acknowledge the facts that are staring him (or slapping him, even?) in the face...that joke's worn a bit thin now.
    The insanity he spouts is quite funny, though!
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And both Desmond Carrington and David Jacobs are 87 and have no irritating habits (well, not broadcasting ones! :p).

And Brian Matthew (84) is still broadcasting on Saturday mornings.
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Glad I don't watch Wimbledon - that's one more sighting I'm grateful I missed.

I didn't watch much of Wimbledon either, I don't think Sir Bruce was playing, more likely he was in The Royal Box with that other knight Sir Alex, both cheering on Andy Murry and exchanging quips between the running about bits.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - At the timing of this thread bump it had sunk to the second page of the Strictly forum and was second in line to be archived. There were 7 TerryM22 threads already on the first forum page.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I didn't watch much of Wimbledon either, I don't think Sir Bruce was playing, more likely he was in The Royal Box with that other knight Sir Alex, both cheering on Andy Murry and exchanging quips between the running about bits.
    Of course Mr Forsyth wasn't playing! We'd be celebrating his funeral by now if he had.

It was reported that he was in the Royal Box mouthing "Good game, Good game" in the typical "Look at me! Aren't I wonderful." way that he always does to the camera when it was on him.

And CravenHaven, you know full well that if Mr Forsyth hasn't been mentioned on this forum recently Terry either resurrects an existing thread or starts a new one to continue fawning over him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Mr Forsyth wasn't playing! We'd be celebrating his funeral by now if he had.

It was reported that he was in the Royal Box mouthing "Good game, Good game" in the typical "Look at me! Aren't I wonderful." way that he always does to the camera when it was on him.

And CravenHaven, you know full well that if Mr Forsyth hasn't been mentioned on this forum recently Terry either resurrects an existing thread or starts a new one to continue fawning over him.

As I mentioned I didn't watch much of Wimbledon, but my guess turned out to be a very perceptive one as Sir Bruce was indeed in the Royal Box, as is befitting of a knight of thev realm, and he was with his lovely wife Lady Wilnelia.

http://www.gettyimages.in/detail/news-photo/sir-bruce-forsyth-kisses-his-wife-wilnelia-during-the-news-photo/171535865

Sir Bruce was also with Stephen Fry, Ruby Wax and sitting with His Royal Highness The Duke of Kent and his wife.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=Sir+Bruce+Forsyth+Wimbledon&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=732&tbm=isch&tbnid=fdwl500nl-WD-M:&imgrefurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/25/pictures-of-the-day-26th-june-2013_n_3496907.html&docid=XXwPKxImoXDgAM&imgurl=http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1212487/thumbs/o-SIR-BRUCE-FORSYTH-570.jpg%253F1&w=570&h=345&ei=Z1b1UfGtHoLs0gXckYGYCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=2&vpy=120&dur=2547&hovh=175&hovw=289&tx=122&ty=80&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=221&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:80
    Forum Member
    And Mr Forsyth was the only one to play to the camera. All of the others just watched the tennis without drawing attention to themselves and showing respect to the players who were the centre of attention - at least for everyone except Mr Forsyth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Mr Forsyth was the only one to play to the camera. All of the others just watched the tennis without drawing attention to themselves and showing respect to the players who were the centre of attention - at least for everyone except Mr Forsyth.

Tennis can become quite tiresome at times, the crowd need great entertainers like Sir Cliff and Sir Bruce to keep the stadium alive.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tennis can become quite tiresome at times, the crowd need great entertainers like Sir Cliff and Sir Bruce to keep the stadium alive.

Not as tiresome as your continued promotion of the old geriatric.

The performance of Cliff Richard at one rainy Wimbledon, (to a "captive audience" under their umbrellas) was nearly as cringeworthy as any of those recently made by Brucie.

He sang "Summer Holiday."
    None of the players in the competitors' box had a clue about the song, as naturally at that time they weren't British, (nor apparently had many of the spectators), so suffered in silence apart from a couple of women players including Pam Shriver, who attempted a few lame "la, la, las."
    He got a round of applause at the end, but you'd expect that was more from politeness, given that their only other alternative was watching the rain coming down.
    Forum Member
    Thought Terry had been quiet lately.

So people pay a small fortune for tickets to centre court to watch the tennis and then find it tiresome? People take time off work especially to be glued to the TV to watch the tennis, only to find it tiresome? People who watch daytime TV change from their usual TV fare and watch the tennis instead only to find it tiresome? Really???????????

I'd have thought any interruption to the tennis atmosphere (even to the breaks between matches) by the likes of Cliff Richards or Mr Forsyth would be very, very tiresome for tennis fans.
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member
    *groan*

Doesn't the old duffer know when it's time to quit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as tiresome as your continued promotion of the old geriatric.

The performance of Cliff Richard at one rainy Wimbledon, (to a "captive audience" under their umbrellas) was nearly as cringeworthy as any of those recently made by Brucie.

He sang "Summer Holiday."
    None of the players in the competitors' box had a clue about the song, as naturally at that time they weren't British, (nor apparently had many of the spectators), so suffered in silence apart from a couple of women players including Pam Shriver, who attempted a few lame "la, la, las."
    He got a round of applause at the end, but you'd expect that was more from politeness, given that their only other alternative was watching the rain coming down.

Sir Cliffs and Sir Bruces contributions to the enrichment of our lives through their talent and kindness to entertain us are magic moments for us to cherish in our memories, we are very lucky to be able to have them.
    Forum Member
    Sir Cliffs and Sir Bruces contributions to the enrichment of our lives through their talent and kindness to entertain us are magic moments for us to cherish in our memories, we are very lucky to be able to have them.
    Wonder if this will feature in my dreams the next time I eat something which doesn't agree with me. If it does, I'll be interested to see if Mr Forsyth thinks it's sufficient praise not to demand his patent leather dancing shoes be licked cleaned with the stump of a tongue!

(See the account of my dream in the thread "Bruce Forsyth a UK Legend.Please show some respect")
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm..

Terry, is that a roundabout way of saying you'll watch and listen to any old rubbish?

Speak for yourself Terry, don't include us.
    Forum Member
    I did dream last night, most of it about moles (which I think are cute creatures doing no harm) in my next door neighbour's garden, but they also appeared on our nearby golf course. And there was Mr Forsyth without his neat little wig, but wearing a huge blonde curly wig with his golf cap balanced on top, digging himself deeper and deeper into a bunker. I asked him where Terry the Eunuch was and he said he'd got fed up with him and had sent him over to Cliff's house because Cliff was feeling that no-one was interested in him any more. Then I was riding a horse ..........
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me guess, the thread was on the second page and about to drop into the archive, and then...
    Forum Member
    Let me guess, the thread was on the second page and about to drop into the archive, and then...
    Doesn't matter if it does drop into the archive, there's someone who will always resurrect it for us just as this thread was - nothing since 4th August and then suddenly it's up and running again..
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looked like death warmed up :eek:

when did they warm him up ??
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The anticipation of welcoming something on tv that’s engaging, colourful and entertaining with Brucie at the helm is always a bonus.

SCD may indicate the dark nights of autumn are fast approaching but Brucie’s evergreen and maintains a seasonal presence on behalf of the show, whatever the time of year, throughout the year every year.

Brucie‘s looking forward to being back and more fired up than ever after his appearance at Glastonbury. It'll be nice to see Brucie again but he's SCD's marketing gift so no wonder he’ll be back to host SCD when there's little evidence of Brucie being forgotten even when not on the tv screen.
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    The anticipation of welcoming something on tv that’s engaging, colourful and entertaining with Brucie at the helm is always a bonus.

SCD may indicate the dark nights of autumn are fast approaching but Brucie’s evergreen and maintains a seasonal presence on behalf of the show, whatever the time of year, throughout the year every year.

Brucie‘s looking forward to being back and more fired up than ever after his appearance at Glastonbury. It'll be nice to see Brucie again but he's SCD's marketing gift so no wonder he’ll be back to host SCD when there's little evidence of Brucie being forgotten even when not on the tv screen.

The man only presents the stars of the show so please kill off the constant waste of space and if you and other presenters fans are dance aware discuss dance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    The man only presents the stars of the show so please kill off the constant waste of space and if you and other presenters fans are dance aware discuss dance

If you haven't figured it out when the show starts there'll be a variety of threads about this year's crop of celebrities to post in. If we choose the same one we can exchange comments then but there's no guarantee all threads will be about dancing.

Currently I'm thinking about the return of SCD and the master of entertainment who'll be hosting but if it's someone's preference to condemn, unless they're obliviously posting in a thread devoted to Brucie, you can discuss dancing.
    Forum Member
    Cressida wrote: »
    If you haven't figured it out when the show starts there'll be a variety of threads about this year's crop of celebrities to post in. If we choose the same one we can exchange comments then but there's no guarantee all threads will be about dancing.

Currently I'm thinking about the return of SCD and the master of entertainment who'll be hosting but if it's someone's preference to condemn, unless they're obliviously posting in a thread devoted to Brucie, you can discuss dancing.
    By "a thread devoted to Brucie" do you mean a thread for those devoted to Mr Forsyth or a thread devoted to discussing the shortcomings of Mr Forsyth?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By "a thread devoted to Brucie" do you mean a thread for those devoted to Mr Forsyth or a thread devoted to discussing the shortcomings of Mr Forsyth?

Where ever you want to discuss Brucie in any thread if you refer to him as Mr Forsyth, you’ll be referencing him incorrectly as his full title is Sir Bruce Joseph Forsyth-Johnson.

Hopefully I’ll be back from sailing the high seas before SCD starts as I’d like to see SCD’s legendary presenter open the show and find out who the celebrities taking part will be. If I am or not it‘s doubtful I’d ever use Sir Bruce Joseph Forsyth-Johnson because he‘s famously known as Brucie or Sir Brucie or even Sir Bruce as used in this thread's title and we're both posting in the same one.
This discussion has been closed.