Options

Backdating a Blog

beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
Forum Member
Does anyone know if I can start a blog but backdate it to commence from 3 years ago, or does it have to start from the day I start blogging. Does that make sense? ;)

Not chosen a blogging site yet so any recommendations would be great. thank you. :D

Comments

• Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt very much whether you'd be able to backdate entries to a date before the blog existed. I certainly can't do that on Livejournal or Blogger. You can post entries for future dates, but not previous ones, in my experience.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can backdate on WordPress.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    course if your running the software yourself you can edit the database

but then i suspect that if the OP was happy to do this they'd would know enough not to have asked the question
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    course if your're running the software yourself you can edit the database

but then i suspect that if the OP was happy to do this they would know enough not to have asked the question

I've never had to edit the database on WordPress to backdate a blog post.

I run WP on my own website as well as maintaining WP posts on another, both have the WP software installed. It's just a case of not hitting the "publish" button and instead specifying a time/date for the blog to have been posted. Most folk would use that for lining up future posts but it can also be used for backdating stuff.
  • Options
    beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone, will have a go at wordpress. Never blogged before, Ive got plenty to blog about tho lol
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I doubt very much whether you'd be able to backdate entries to a date before the blog existed. I certainly can't do that on Livejournal or Blogger. You can post entries for future dates, but not previous ones, in my experience.

LiveJournal will accept any date back to 1970.
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »

I do it on Blogger all the time.