Options

Kirstie's Fill Your House For free C4 8pm

BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
Forum Member
What a load of BS.

You have to have all the heavy duty tools/materials to re-design what they are doing, who has that at home :mad:

Why do I watch this crap :o

Comments

• Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree. My daughter and I have furnished our houses for either free or very very cheaply.
    You don't need lots of tools, but you do need imagination, a little skill and a paintbrush and paint.
  • Options
    beerqueenbeerqueen Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    It's the same old Kirsty style of programme though - so much looking forward to what they're going to do later in the programme, there's little time to actually do anything! There's about 20 mins of actual information!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same old, same old. The usual old shirtwaister dresses, big ring (of the jewellery variety;)) sunglasses perched on head. She is so predictable.

Some of the rooms were just ok but those broken bits of tables were awful.

Kirstie is just like a big bossy prefect ..... In a shirtwaister.:D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried Freecycle but it was full of scroungers demanding free flatscreen TVs ("minimum 32 inch"), leather sofas ("in good condition") and cars ("with MOT"). People seemed to treat is a a place to give sob stories of why they deserved nice things rather than a way to exchange junk.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this cos I plan on making a bed from wood pallets cos I'm sleeping on a mattress on the floor, it was interesting, but it really depends on where you live as to weather decent stuff get put on the likes of freecycle or gumtree.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Not actually free though was it? They paid £1500 for the kitchen, 2nd hand & not fitted!
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That woman's lounge/diner looked crap at the end. Crates on the wall?! There is a point at which shabby chic just becomes shabby shanty shack.
  • Options
    Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free:
    adverb
    without cost or payment

adjective
    given or available without charge

I feel they have rather stretched this OED definition.

I wasn't expecting it to be free but it's still inaccurate, even with the door as a heardboard one would have to hire or buy the hot paint stripper; the paint; the tools to plane the curve. And arguably the transport to get one.

Not terribly impressed I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    I don't agree. My daughter and I have furnished our houses for either free or very very cheaply.
    You don't need lots of tools, but you do need imagination, a little skill and a paintbrush and paint.

None of that antique furniture would ever be free and it would never be found at these free centres.

Yet another mis-leading show from Miss raised eyebrows.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just waiting for the typical "Lets get a stick from your garden, spray it gold, stick it in a frame and call it art" that they usually roll out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I was just waiting for the typical "Lets get a stick from your garden, spray it gold, stick it in a frame and call it art" that they usually roll out.

That's nearly as good as the Xmas decoration she made. A glass jar filled with water and a plastic decoration. Add some glitter and shake!! Then give to people who you previously called friends.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue blooded millionairess amusing herself by getting the proles to fill their little cave dwellings with tat and getting paid handsomely for the insult.
    Piss off Kirstie, you're a big waste of space.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm

The house in Bromley looked worse after it had been interior designed - those half tables were just yuk, what was wrong with her original TV stand???

And while it was great to see free cycled goods and house clearance bits - ordinary folk wouldn't be able to get stuff from all over the country like they did on the programme - most folk can only look in the local area.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This prog should be called

"Fill your house with Tat".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

:D The thing that really annoyed, well one of many was the marble fireplace that was free :mad: No-one give anything like that away.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :D The thing that really annoyed, well one of many was the marble fireplace that was free :mad: No-one give anything like that away.

And it came from Edinburgh! All by itself ??

I thought the room looked ghastly , the mish mash of old furniture just didnt match at all . I hated the couples lounge , it had no sense or meaning . And I could almost smell the old awful chair in the bedroom
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Hmmmm

The house in Bromley looked worse after it had been interior designed - those half tables were just yuk, what was wrong with her original TV stand???

It looked awful didn't it!

They should have factored in the cost of picking all this stuff up, stripping it, cutting it and respraying/painting it. It'd be cheaper going to ikea.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    This programme sounds a bit like a makeover one that used to be on - can't remember what it was called.

They made over rooms in your house for absolutely nothing, apparently. Just using stuff you have already, in cupboards and drawers and things.

Course, as it turned out, the people they picked obviously stocked up well beforehand cos they always seemed to have hundreds of pounds worth of wood and material and paint and stuff like that - all unused of course - that they used for this makeover!

What a con!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    This programme sounds a bit like a makeover one that used to be on - can't remember what it was called.

They made over rooms in your house for absolutely nothing, apparently. Just using stuff you have already, in cupboards and drawers and things.

Course, as it turned out, the people they picked obviously stocked up well beforehand cos they always seemed to have hundreds of pounds worth of wood and material and paint and stuff like that - all unused of course - that they used for this makeover!

What a con!

I remember that show but not the name either :confused:

If they sorted through my spare stuff, all they would make is a bonfire :o
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I remember that show but not the name either :confused:

If they sorted through my spare stuff, all they would make is a bonfire :o

Exactly! Probably your average household might have the wallpaper and paint - and new curtains! - for a room that they hadn't got round to decorating, or something, but enough to makeover rooms and make new cupboards, tables, etc ...?
    They obviously got the household to stock up beforehand on things 'they've had in the garage for months'! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I never watched the program because the advert wound me right up.

End of the day she is a posh bird, nothing wrong with being posh and having lots of money, but please don't try to slum it up and act all mother earth.

Like her house is filled for free, gimme a break.

Agree with previous poster about freecycle, full of begging gits. On my local page we had people asking for gym equipment !
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

I think this is the second, or maybe third series by Kirstie that could have been given that title (although I prefer cr@p)
  • Options
    el1aineel1aine Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    well I'd never seen it before, and I won't be watching again. Couldn't really believe what I was watching. If that is the norm, it's about time the programme was scrapped.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Exactly! Probably your average household might have the wallpaper and paint - and new curtains! - for a room that they hadn't got round to decorating, or something, but enough to makeover rooms and make new cupboards, tables, etc ...?
    They obviously got the household to stock up beforehand on things 'they've had in the garage for months'! lol

I remeber that it had Anna Ryder Richardson and Linda Barker as alternating designers?

EDIT: Was it House Invaders?
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it came from Edinburgh! All by itself ??

I thought the room looked ghastly , the mish mash of old furniture just didnt match at all . I hated the couples lounge , it had no sense or meaning . And I could almost smell the old awful chair in the bedroom

I'm presuming they gave the stuff a squirt of Febreeze! :eek: