'Legend' starring Tom Hardy (Krays biopic)

Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not a confirmed date but rumored for 25th September 2015.

Not sure why it's taking so long as it's been filmed and had screenings this year but nonetheless I'm really looking forward to this movie as I think Tom Hardy is an excellent actor and will be portraying both Reggie & Ronnie in this movie. Emily Browning plays Frances Shea (Reggie's wife).

Hopefully we'll get a trailer soon

Comments

• Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will he be playing the 'big horned guy' from the original?

whos playing tom cruise?....
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be taking a while to be released as they may want it released around Oscar time.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be taking a while to be released as they may want it released around Oscar time.

He could be nominated as Best Actor AND Best Supporting Actor, MTVs Best Couple and Best Visual Effect.

Hardy ftw!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    Not a confirmed date but rumored for 25th September 2015.

The UK release is listed 18 September 2015 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3569230/releaseinfo
    Not sure why it's taking so long as it's been filmed and had screenings this year

I'm not sure why you asked that. Script completed in February, filming started in June and post-production started in November. It's only February now. Which screenings were you referring to, though?
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    The UK release is listed 18 September 2015 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3569230/releaseinfo

I'm not sure why you asked that. Script completed in February, filming started in June and post-production started in November. It's only February now. Which screenings were you referring to, though?

One was by Neilsen in LA & the other in London in early January. Apparently there's another coming up later this month.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    One was by Neilsen in LA & the other in London in early January. Apparently there's another coming up later this month.

Oh, right. That was just a work-in-progress screening. Test screening, if you like. I thought you meant the actual screenings. Thanks for clarifying.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awards friendly movies usually come out in autumn. The Michael Fassbender version of Macbeth is finished but isn't coming out till November, presumably because it's USA distributor Harvey Weinstein smells Oscars.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Hadn't heard of this. Don't quite get all the Hardy love (unless it's Oliver), but on paper he's a fine choice to play the terrible twins.

Reggie Kray, do you know my name...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out on the 9th September, I'm really looking forward to this
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yeah I saw the trailer for this in the cinema yesterday before Man From UNCLE and it looked really good!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardy is in for a really promising year as far as Awards season goes. He's also playing the supporting role in The Revenant, which is being primed as a major Oscar contender.

He'll probably end up winning something.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Hardy is in for a really promising year as far as Awards season goes. He's also playing the supporting role in The Revenant, which is being primed as a major Oscar contender.

He'll probably end up winning something.

I'm a huge TomHardy fan but haven't heard of this film. I avoid trailers as they tend to show too much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Awards friendly movies usually come out in autumn. The Michael Fassbender version of Macbeth is finished but isn't coming out till November, presumably because it's USA distributor Harvey Weinstein smells Oscars.

Is Tom Hardy in this, too?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a huge TomHardy fan but haven't heard of this film. I avoid trailers as they tend to show too much.

It's the latest Leonardo DiCaprio film, being directed by Alejandro G. Inarritu (Birdman director).

There isn't a full fledged trailer online, only a 2 and a half minute teaser, it doesn't spoil anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    It's the latest Leonardo DiCaprio film, being directed by Alejandro G. Inarritu (Birdman director).

There isn't a full fledged trailer online, only a 2 and a half minute teaser, it doesn't spoil anything.

Really? I loved Birdman! - Thanks, I'll look out for it.
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will he be playing the 'big horned guy' from the original?

whos playing tom cruise?....

Ah, this is not a remake of the Ron Howard fantasy film from the 1980s. :D

Anyway, I was well aware for some time that Tom Hardy was going to play both Kray twins in a forthcoming film. I ended up seeing the trailer at the cinema when I went to see Southpaw recently. I would really love to see this when it comes out and apparently, Duffy (remember her) is contributing two new songs to the film's soundtrack.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    So really looking forward to watching Legend next week when it's released!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    So really looking forward to watching Legend next week when it's released!

Same here!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He could be nominated as Best Actor AND Best Supporting Actor, MTVs Best Couple and Best Visual Effect.

Hardy ftw!
    Not looking that way going by a few reviews i've read. They were posted in another thread on here.

One twin they said was acted fine. The other not so good. They implied he really couldn't get to grips or the feel of the character.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    From what I've gathered Hardy does pretty well for much of the film, but the film itself is the issue. A little too glossy and cosmetic, never quite gets under the skin etc. The flashy trailer gave this impression too.

It's a disappointingly shallow take on a fascinating period of time and leaves us sorely uninformed, as if we've skim-read a pamphlet. The legend might live on but Legend certainly won't. - The Guardian
  • Ben_CaesarBen_Caesar Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Not looking that way going by a few reviews i've read. They were posted in another thread on here.

One twin they said was acted fine. The other not so good. They implied he really couldn't get to grips or the feel of the character.

That was only one review though and not the general consensus that he only gets one of the twins right. Critics have almost universally praised his performance. What they have an issue is with the lightweight script and the overcooked directing. Hardy is getting raves.

Anyway I really don't care if this just ends up being a Tom Hardy showcase of a movie. I never really cared for the direction of Bronson as much as I loved Tom Hardy's visceral performance in it. If Legend ends up with a cult following just for Hardy alone then I'm happy. He's too talented an actor to let a movie around him fail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate when they make a film about a**eholes like the Kray's & hold them up as some sort of heroes.

It's disgusting . .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Hootie wrote: »
    I hate when they make a film about a**eholes like the Kray's & hold them up as some sort of heroes.

It's disgusting . .

I don't buy this argument: how is this film any different from something like 'Bonny & Clyde"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiekid76 wrote: »
    I don't buy this argument: how is this film any different from something like 'Bonny & Clyde"?

'Bonnie and Clyde' had good looking actors in it and their clothes started a massive fashion trend, especially Bonnie's
  • Ben_CaesarBen_Caesar Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Hootie wrote: »

It's disgusting . .

They ARE heroes, at least compared to the scum that reside in Bethnal Green these days ^_^