Geordie Shore, Season 10. Tuesday 10pm MTV

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
Looking forward to watching Marnie again (she's gorgeous)

Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just starting to watch again 30mins behind
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Think it was a fairly low key start to geordie shore with marnie and Scott, charlotte and Gaz and holly and Kyle having as much flirting as possible.

Next week we say goodbye to James and say hello to 2 newbies to stir it up. I hope Nathan and chloe will deliver else they'll feel like pointless signings and mtv will have shot themselves in the foot getting em in. Think geordie shore is on a decline anyway and that's because it's got stale.

Looks like next week we'll see the old marnie back again who stirs things up. Think marnies biggest problem is drinking, when she is sober she can be very nice indeed. She let's herself down and knows she let's herself down too. However saying it I'd rather she was like it next week rather than later on.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How far is this filmed in advance? Marine is in love with a guy but has been seeing someone from Towie for a couple of months.

Just seemed a bit odd to focus on the couple of relationships when we know they have split. (Marine and her bf and Scott and Holly )
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far is this filmed in advance? Marine is in love with a guy but has been seeing someone from Towie for a couple of months.

Just seemed a bit odd to focus on the couple of relationships when we know they have split. (Marine and her bf and Scott and Holly )

I think it was filmed around February. I could be wrong though. Charlotte is single during this series but she got back with Mitch a couple of months ago. I thought Kyle and Holly were still together? I'm sure I read a magazine interview that they had a brief split but got back together. Again I could be wrong.

I can't stand Marnie just can't warm to her at all. I'm dreading the new cast members as well I can't get used to having newbies around. Arron and Kyle are ok but I only enjoy watching Holly, Charlotte, Gaz, Scott and James (I know he's boring but he's an original). Those 5 with Sophie and Vicki would be a perfect cast for me.
    Forum Member
    Sophie will never return because of her racism to a producer outside a night club. Vicky was if I'm honest a bully, the way she treated Rebecca was unforgivable. Vicky did have her good points though like with her loyal friendship to charlotte, Holly and Scotty t. Other than that she was pretty erratic really.

As DUNDEE BOY stated on a thread in the other geordie shore discussion many viewers dislike marnie, however the producers are gradually making her into a lead female and for her to lead the next generation of geordie shore cast. I'd say she's been pretty true to her word and she's delivered. Who'd want a comfortable quiet house all the time? It would bode for boring tv in my eyes.

Actually I'm satisfied that James is going as he was good from seasons 1-3 and when he met Kate he became a shadow of his former self. He wasn't very nice to Holly and you could tell it in his facial expressions that he really didn't want to be in geordie shore anymore, although the house needed some sort of lead male so james accepted the offer from mtv at the time. I think james will have a very good life after geordie shore and wish him all the best.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to fast forward the scenes with Charlotte so I never have much to watch! The "lady" is repulsive.

I saw a post on Facebook with a 'friend' saying how Charlotte is so inspirational (being serious) - that person was swiftly removed!

Dreading Nathan coming in to the show, that'll kill it for me - he is a total c*nt in real life. :(
    Forum Member
    Think mtv are trying to give equal opportunities to people, Nathan deserves a bite at the cherry, the way he is doesn't faze me at all, same with chloe, she seems a bit nuts, but not exactly offensive or anything. Really looking forward to them starting their geordie shore journeys.

A lot of the general british public would prefer the original casting of geordie shore rather than the present day casting, but that way things become stale and nothing really happens that way. That's why ratings last season were down by a tenth as people have been fed up of James and Vicky and the fact they just brought negative energy to the house at times.

Will be pleased when both of em are confirmed as ex cast members as they outgrew the show ages ago and were very much on borrowed time. To be fair I think gaz may go next as there have been suggestions of him going on google search and his storylines with charlotte are wearing very thin with me.

The holly and Kyle thing is a lot more believable and something I appreciate more. Interesting that marnie was with Dan the time geordie shore was filmed, now she is with Ricky from TOWIE. Trouble is she's had a lot of abuse from jess Wright fans calling her names and allsorts. We always say twitter encourages bullying, but so does paper articles and I think the daily express, the daily star, the daily mail and the sun have encouraged the hate by saying she cheated on her boyfriend at the time.

Wish the pr of the show was stopped, geordie shore doesn't need it and the more pr it has the less understated it is. I want it to be a lot more understated if it makes sense.
    Forum Member
    There's a possibility of marnie leaving the cast, I'd like her to stay personally however it'll be up to her if she stays or goes. Face it this way she has been laughed at on geordie shore and it's pretty nasty really. :cry:

I actually think at times she is a bit of a loner wanting attention and positive recognition which is why she acts in the ways she does in the house at times. :(

Really the fools were the producers for getting her and pitting her in the cast in the first place. Not blaming marnie, but I think mtv have exploited her a tad and edited her in the worst possible light possible. >:(
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member
    You can only edit people badly if they are acting like a knob in the first place.

See ya Marnie.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to Nathan's Twitter they finished filming in December
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Sophie will never return because of her racism to a producer outside a night club. Vicky was if I'm honest a bully, the way she treated Rebecca was unforgivable. Vicky did have her good points though like with her loyal friendship to charlotte, Holly and Scotty t. Other than that she was pretty erratic really.

Don't get me wrong I couldn't stand Vicky in the beginning. I agree with you about the way she treated Rebecca it was disgusting. She walked about with a face like a slapped arse all the time and she was unwatchable during her relationship with Ricky. After she split with him I softened to her a bit. I still think she has the potential to be nasty but towards the end I found her and her one liners hilarious. I don't particularly like her as a person I just find her good viewing.

I thought Sophie was brilliant and while I don't agree with the racism I feel it was unfair for her to be axed and Holly (who is one of my faves) and Vicky to be allowed back in. Personally I think what Vicky done was far worse. If I remember correctly didn't she permanently disfigure the girl she attacked?
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I couldn't stand Vicky in the beginning. I agree with you about the way she treated Rebecca it was disgusting. She walked about with a face like a slapped arse all the time and she was unwatchable during her relationship with Ricky. After she split with him I softened to her a bit. I still think she has the potential to be nasty but towards the end I found her and her one liners hilarious. I don't particularly like her as a person I just find her good viewing.

I thought Sophie was brilliant and while I don't agree with the racism I feel it was unfair for her to be axed and Holly (who is one of my faves) and Vicky to be allowed back in. Personally I think what Vicky done was far worse. If I remember correctly didn't she permanently disfigure the girl she attacked?

Mtv are quite conservative with what they do and racism isn't acceptable behaviour really. Mtv were probably worried that allowing Sophie back in would result in a fine from ofcom as the broadcasting code had been breached which it wasn't. If it had been geordie shore could have been taken off air for good. :o

Think the show is becoming more and more scripted now by the minute. Personally I don't believe in the gaz and charlotte relationship is working, but the producers obviously want to see more flirtatious action between the pair of them. Personally I think it's a relationship for the cameras.

Have noticed Scotty t has become more chilled out this time, the production team are as mad as a hatter for editing him in a negative way at times. Marnie and Aaron get negative edits too, hence the derogatory online comments thrown at em.
    Forum Member
    So James is finally gone :) about 3 series too late for me.
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Nathan been on TV before? Or does he just have that generic 'face you'd never tire of slapping.'
    Forum Member
    I think he looks a bit like Marcus Collins from X Factor.

And :o what the hell is Chloe? Marnie, you're safe from my wrath already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he looks a bit like Marcus Collins from X Factor.

And :o what the hell is Chloe? Marnie, you're safe from my wrath already.

This Chloe is the oldest 19 year old I have ever seen.

The new lad is bi that's quite different for this show
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    This Chloe is the oldest 19 year old I have ever seen.

The new lad I though was the first gay Geordie shore character

Well I was nearly right

She's frigging annoying lol. She's quite endearing in a way but my god I couldn't put up with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nathan sounds more like a manc to me than a geordie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems convenient the old girls start fighting with each other on the night newbies arrived
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this week's episode will be available on the MTV website? Just looked and all it has are the top ten moments of episode 2. Last week it had the full episode on but it's not there now. I don't have MTV so this is the only way I can watch. Been looking forward to it all night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rachael. wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this week's episode will be available on the MTV website? Just looked and all it has are the top ten moments of episode 2. Last week it had the full episode on but it's not there now. I don't have MTV so this is the only way I can watch. Been looking forward to it all night.

I don't think they put it their website all the time but it ends on YouTube pretty quickly
    Forum Member
    Nathan sounds more like a manc to me than a geordie

He's from Darlington.
    Forum Member
    Seems convenient the old girls start fighting with each other on the night newbies arrived

To be fair charlotte and marnie reconcile next week so all good in the hood. Generally I think marnie has become a bit more chilled out this time than in previous seasons. She still has a long way to go really for everyone to warm to her. Sure she is very capable of being a likeable person, she just has to tell herself it. The whole saga I thought was very staged indeed as holly and marnie made light of it on twitter. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they put it their website all the time but it ends on YouTube pretty quickly

I can't get it on YouTube. Every video is one of those annoying American girls "hello due to copyright this video has been removed please click the link blah blah..." :( Looks like I'll have to ask my mum to record it next time it's repeated and go there an watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can now watch using my mum's details on Sky Go. God I'm so happy can't wait to get into bed and catch up on this week's episode. How sad is that :D