Options

LG G4 screen??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, a week after smashing my Nexus 6 screen, I purchased the LG G4, 3 days later I dropped this (think it’s because it’s so light compared to the Nexus) and this screen also smashed? What the hell is happening to screens? I have had a mobile for many years, some have been dropped and none have ever smashed until now, I thought screens were meant to be tougher with advances in technology? I am going to try a tempered glass screen protector from now 

Comments

• Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spendleb wrote: »
    So, a week after smashing my Nexus 6 screen, I purchased the LG G4, 3 days later I dropped this (think it’s because it’s so light compared to the Nexus) and this screen also smashed? What the hell is happening to screens? I have had a mobile for many years, some have been dropped and none have ever smashed until now, I thought screens were meant to be tougher with advances in technology? I am going to try a tempered glass screen protector from now 

Drop a big slab of glass and you stand the risk of breaking it. A glass screen protector won't prevent you from breaking a phone in the future, you need a case with some decent shock absorbency. You do seem somewhat accident prone however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Drop a big slab of glass and you stand the risk of breaking it. A glass screen protector won't prevent you from breaking a phone in the future, you need a case with some decent shock absorbency. You do seem somewhat accident prone however.

LOL felt like it after this week!!! Never had any problems before though, I was using the official LG case with a front but that flipped open on impact, think I'll forego the looks and get a tougher case as suggested!
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    LOL felt like it after this week!!! Never had any problems before though, I was using the official LG case with a front but that flipped open on impact, think I'll forego the looks and get a tougher case as suggested!

I don't think the G4 has gorilla glass 4 does it? I would assume they are still on GG3.

That said in light of what Finbaar has said it would be prudent to invest in a case with good shock absorption.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-MILITARY-TOUGH-HARD-RUGGED-SHOCK-CASE-COVER-FOR-LG-G4-/141638423540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fa4ed3f4

Its a beast, but its only less than 5 quid and you should get it fast as the seller is in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    I don't think the G4 has gorilla glass 4 does it? I would assume they are still on GG3.

That said in light of what Finbaar has said it would be prudent to invest in a case with good shock absorption.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-MILITARY-TOUGH-HARD-RUGGED-SHOCK-CASE-COVER-FOR-LG-G4-/141638423540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fa4ed3f4

Its a beast, but its only less than 5 quid and you should get it fast as the seller is in the UK.

Yeah believe it's GG3 still.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The LG G4 is only GG3. I have heard great things about GG4, but more to do with its scratch resistance. I have just gor my wife a G4 yesterday so she will need a case for that as she does drop things. My G3 is naked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    The LG G4 is only GG3. I have heard great things about GG4, but more to do with its scratch resistance. I have just gor my wife a G4 yesterday so she will need a case for that as she does drop things. My G3 is naked.

The phone is great, I was probably just unfortunate with the way it dropped, I do need to get a better case, I like the Quick Circle case and the way it uses the window but no good if it offers no protection. I've just bought the Moto 360 to avoid getting the phone out as much.