Options

It's Simple The Masoods are lost without Zainab.

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
Forum Member
✭✭
Zainab was the cog in the wheel of the Masoods and in her 18 months away from the show the Masoods have fallen by the way side and particularly this year we have barely seen them.

DTC needs to get Nina Wadia back pronto.

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree
    The masoods are a shambles

Tamwar in his ever self pity
    Masood's very short breakdown of gambling and drinking. These days, we just see Masood delivering post.
    Shabnam's return was promised to be a big thing with a secret she was keeping
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree
    The masoods are a shambles

Tamwar in his ever self pity
    Masood's very short breakdown of gambling and drinking. These days, we just see Masood delivering post.
    Shabnam's return was promised to be a big thing with a secret she was keeping

I love the Carter's but they have taken over the show and the Masoods have suffered the most.

Does Nina Wadia want a return?
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes they certainly need Zainab back, I do think Shabnam has been a strong addition though, (she got a big sl coming up hasn't she?)
    bring Zanab, Syed and Kamil back, the whole family together would be brilliant:cool:
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I love the Carter's but they have taken over the show and the Masoods have suffered the most.

I dont think she does as she asked to be killed off
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seems like it from this article, :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a537346/nina-wadia-i-would-return-to-eastenders-if-they-asked-me.html#~oPL2w0EV9icmqM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need her back it's that simple.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, they just don't work without her. I do like Shabnam though.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this! I'd love them to get a gritty storyline:( hopefully, Zainab will me back one day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2015 may be a big year for the Masoods?
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    I have to disagree, Zainab should not return. If she did, her and Masood would just go round in circles and I don't want a reunion for them.

The Masoods do need building up though and I think they need a business to be based around again. Bring in their auntie and get them working in the pharmacy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe that as great as Zainab was, her not being her isn't the reason for the Masoods being terrible.

It's just that Masood Ahmed himself is awful and cannot lead the family. The Masoods have lost their direction!!
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Zainab was the backbone of the Masood family. She was the matriarch and the Masoods aren't the same without Zainab. I was annoyed how they split up Masood and Zainab because it was out of character and I hated how they parted on bad terms. Zainab's last scene in the taxi still makes me feel sad. I really hope Nina Wadia will return soon.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Masoods are desperately in need of a good storyline. Not the fault of the actors though, Nitin Ganatra is always great and the actress who plays Shabnam has made her a really interesting character with little decent material.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Masoods should have been written out when Zainab went. Zainab was the Masoods. I wonder if they're hoping she'll return and the family can pick up where they left off. They've basically been on pause since she left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were once such a fantastic family 2008/2009 they were my faves, they need to all be reunited:cool:
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were once such a fantastic family 2008/2009 they were my faves, they need to all be reunited:cool:

I agree, the Masoods were my favorites then. I would like Zainab to return and to see her interacting with Shabnam as this could be an interesting dynamic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I agree, the Masoods were my favorites then. I would like Zainab to return and to see her interacting with Shabnam as this could be an interesting dynamic.

They would be gold together:cool: mother and daughter duo from hell lol.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Zainab was the backbone of the Masood family. She was the matriarch and the Masoods aren't the same without Zainab. I was annoyed how they split up Masood and Zainab because it was out of character and I hated how they parted on bad terms. Zainab's last scene in the taxi still makes me feel sad. I really hope Nina Wadia will return soon.

I agree the Masoods really need her back.
  • Options
    MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Whilst I would really like Zainab back, I wouldn't say she is 'essential' for them to be an interesting family. The storyline earlier in the year with Masood going off the rails was great, despite the slack way that it all seemed to get brushed under the carpet ??
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I loved Zainab, I'd like to see her back. And a more prominent role for Bushra. Hoping to see more of the darker side of Masood too, love him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very observant, are you Vaslav?

People have said this for nearly two years now.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That or they need to integrate them with other characters on the show more they did at the beginning of the year but seems to have died now,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross1998 wrote: »
    Not very observant, are you Vaslav?

People have said this for nearly two years now.

I beg your pardon?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know I'll ask her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nina has said she is open to returning do why has DTC not asked her?