Options

F.R.I.E.N.D.S Twenty years ago today...

CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The greatest sitcom ever made began. Happy 20th! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHVGOD8VPyU

Just out of interest, they were each supposedly paid $22,500 per episode in the first season. By the time seasons nine and ten came they were on $1 million each per episode. :o (Wikipedia)

Comments

• Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but it's only 20 years ago today, in the US! In the UK - in the days before t'internet and all ;) - it didn't start until early 1995! I remember it well, cos it formed the bulk of my 'last night on TV' conversations at school for a couple of years! Which is why the BBC Breakfast, in their item on the show, asking us 'what were you doing 20 years ago today?' was so totally irrelevant for British viewers!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comedy Central showed the 'top 20*' episodes this weekend to celebrate. Somewhat astonishingly, Joey Learning French was in the top 5.

*as voted by fans.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Comedy Central showed the 'top 20*' episodes this weekend to celebrate. Somewhat astonishingly, Joey Learning French was in the top 5.

*as voted by fans.

Do you know where I could find the full top 20 list as I would be interested to see what the eps were and in what order they came?
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

*as voted by fans.

I watched that Top 20 countdown and was disappointed that so many of what I'd have assumed would have been favourite episodes weren't in the countdown and my reaction to many that were there was 'huh really?!!' Like why no London episodes or Monica and Chandlers wedding?
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I watched that Top 20 countdown and was disappointed that so many of what I'd have assumed would have been favourite episodes weren't in the countdown and my reaction to many that were there was 'huh really?!!' Like why no London episodes or Monica and Chandlers wedding?

The London episodes were my least favourite ever, along with Joey Speaking French and the identical hand twin eps.

Also surprised that the finale was voted number 1.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The London episodes were my least favourite ever, along with Joey Speaking French and the identical hand twin eps.

Also surprised that the finale was voted number 1.

Me too. I suppose a lot of people were invested in the Ross/Rachel relationship, however toxic it was. The decision to put them together in the finale was ridiculous IMHO. They didn't earn that ending with good writing. Rachel's need to stay for Ross pretty much came out of nowhere.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person who didn't like Friends? I was forced to watch a few episodes in the early days by my girlfriend at the time but I never found it funny at all.