Options

Mountain Lions: Cats in high places

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Did anyone else watch this program about Mountain Lions in Wyoming? It was a very good insight into their lives as there isn't much known about them, it was rather sad too as pretty much all the cubs that are born never make it to their first birthday.

Comments

• Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was a very good programme, beautifully filmed.
    The bbc excels at this type of tv show.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it all very interesting. Beautiful animals. I can't remember his name but the Scientist guy who was tracking/studying them has an admirable passion for the work he was doing. The cubs mortality rate was indeed shocking. Considering all the obstacles they face I suppose that was inevitable though. Very sad at the end when the orphaned cub who appeared to be doing ok then suffered an untimely end. Fascinating programme though.
  • Options
    porkensteinporkenstein Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I alway's like watching wildlife programs when David Attenborough is narrating.
    It is a shame about the survival rates but alas that is nature, it's a shame too that they are also allowed to be hunted once old enough :(
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic show. I really enjoyed it. I never will understand why people want to hunt these animals.