Options

General Election 2015 coverage

Comments

• Options
    unouno Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget a lot of the Sky news election counts will be done using mobile technology and one cameraman. These are quite easy to feed into programmes as they are just cloud based services so just cut in when you are ready.

I think they are doing 80 odd with reporters and sat uplink trucks including some trucks coming in from France,Finland,Germany,Italy and Spain as well as pretty much the whole SIS Live UK fleet just a shame most will be encrypted as election night just to be great fun for the feed hunters.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Radio 4 Extra are doing a good range of comedy programmes through the night, sounds much better than anything on TV.

Same comedy repeats they show every night :confused:
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same comedy repeats they show every night :confused:

No, they normally have a mixture of repeated comedy programmes, drama etc. That night there is a long series of comedy programmes and all seemed to be chosen specifically - Yes Minister, Little Blighty ...
  • Options
    nicktrownicktrow Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some more details for election night results programmes:

BBC Parliament will show the BBC Scotland results programme as expected.

BBC Red Button will show the STV live programme from 9.55pm to 12pm.

Channel 4 coverage seems to be split into two sections. 9pm-12am is more comedy focused with large segments given to Gogglebox and Last Leg before Paxman hosts a more results and analysis based programme non-stop between 12am-6am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicktrow wrote: »

Channel 4 coverage seems to be split into two sections. 9pm-12am is more comedy focused with large segments given to Gogglebox and Last Leg before Paxman hosts a more results and analysis based programme non-stop between 12am-6am.

Why would Red Button show STV?

Not listed on Digiguide yet if so.
    POLITICAL: General Election 2015
    On: BBC Red Button 1
    Date: Thursday 7th May 2015 (starting in 12 days)
    Time: 21:55 to 06:00 (8 hours and 5 minutes long)

Key moments as the results come in for the 2015 general election.
    (Stereo, Widescreen)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=7346

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I think I'm right in saying some counting centres count multiple seats, so 270 is probably not the number of locations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gogglebox and The Last Leg on election night should be interesting, We also need a reaction to the results Gogglebox too.
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How would the red button STV coverage work? Would they show ads? It would make more sense to show BBC Wales or NI's coverage given the tightness of the election.
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what other countrys are broadcasting the election night?
  • Options
    mightymilliemightymillie Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    AngusMast wrote: »
    I think I'm right in saying some counting centres count multiple seats, so 270 is probably not the number of locations.

True. But it is still twice as many as BBC and ITV added together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where did this information come from? I can't find it anywhere else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did this information come from? I can't find it anywhere else.
    Radio Times online listings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Times online listings.

Not managed to find Red Button there, so will check Digiguide later in the week.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not managed to find Red Button there, so will check Digiguide later in the week.

More chance of me voting UKIP than the STV coverage being on the Beeb, I'd say.

There are two programmes in the build-up relating to election coverage of the past that should be well worth a watch. Sixty Years Of Swing is on BBC Parliament next Sunday and then on the following Wednesday ITV are showing Unforgettable Election Moments which if it's anything like the documentary on newsflases a year or so ago should be entertaining.

It promises footage from ITV's first ever election in 1959 which was mentioned in Swing Time, the documentary about TV election coverage from 1997 (https://youtu.be/wfgeCFWb8KA), as it was famously a complete disaster because just before they went on air they realised all the graphics were totally unreadable, and so the coverage looked "grubby and meagre".
  • Options
    An TarbhAn Tarbh Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    emails wrote: »
    what other countrys are broadcasting the election night?

RTÉ1 are showing an election special from 23:10 till 04:00 and there's an hour long special at 08:00 as well the following morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This country would only change if there was no Labour, Tories or Lib Dems in parliament.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in 2010 want there a newsnight even on the saturday and sunday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More chance of me voting UKIP than the STV coverage being on the Beeb, I'd say..

I agree, I only mentioned it because that what the listings are currently saying.
    I think it could be a mistake and will end up most likely be BBC Wales or an extra feed behind the scenes similar to what Sky Arts are doing election night.
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    If you watch Sky Arts that night they are broadcasting behind the scenes of the Sky News newsroom

From 10pm to 8am on election night fixed rig cameras within the Sky News studios will offer customers a glimpse behind the scenes on election night at Sky News in real time. Mark Longhurst will give running commentary of what is happening and Martin Stanford will use a mini camera to present live during the evening.
  • Options
    rubricrubric Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    This page looks to be a reliable round-up of who's doing what. There may be one or two omissions - nothing shown for STV on the Friday, for example.
    www.transdiffusion.org/2015/04/26/election-night-viewing-and-listening
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Election TV results confirmed:

BBC1:
    9:55pm (On 7th May) Election Results 2015
    6am (On May 8th) Election Results 2015
    1pm BBC News
    1:45 Election results 2015 (Doctors moves to BBC Two)
    2:30 VE Day 70 (Election Results continues on BBC Two)
    3:30 Election Results 2015
    6:00 BBC News
    7:00 Back to normal programming
    8:30 Question Time Election results special
    9:30 Have I got Election 2015 for you

ITV
    9:55pm Election Results 2015
    6am Good Morning Britain
    9:25 ITV News special - Election Results 2015
    2:30 VE Day 70
    3:30 ITV News special - Election Results 2015
    4:00 Back to normal programming

Channel 4
    9pm - 6am Alternative Election Results - Include specials of Gogglebox and The Last Leg
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As in 2010, BBC News at Ten is coming from the Election Studio.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    As in 2010, BBC News at Ten is coming from the Election Studio.

Actually the election studio in 2010 was TC1 and in 2015 it's Studio D at Elstree. No News at Ten because Dimbleby election coverage starts at 9.55 pm and at 10 pm there will be an exit poll.The BBC is tonight forecasting the Tories will win the overall vote but not enough seats to form a government.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Actually the election studio in 2010 was TC1 and in 2015 it's Studio D at Elstree.

I know. But that doesn't detract from the truth of what I said - go and turn on your TV on BBC1.
    There's no News at Ten because Dimbleby election coverage starts at 9.55 pm and at 10 pm there will be an exit poll.The BBC is tonight forecasting the Tories will win the overall vote but not enough seats to form a government.

I'm sorry, have I suddenly been transported to Thursday?