Options

Andrew Lloyd Webber on new Eurovision show...

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
I just read on TV Plus (Teletext) that ALW will help find the UK's next Eurovision entry in a new BBC1 show, and Graham Norton will be the presenter.
A source told The Sun "Theres likely to be public vote as well" (whether thats all through the show or not I'm not sure), and its not known whether ALW will be a judge or mentor a contestant.
Sounds like a cross between I'd Do Anything/Maria etc and Song For Europe.
Hopefully we can do better than last year :) But we need more choice of songs rather than the 6 or so we get at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    I posted this in another thread, but it's just as relevant in this one...
    If the BBC are trying to change, then I hope that doesn't mean we get the usual narrow selection of wet ballads and/or vapid soul/r'n'b/rap crap.

If they really want to make a change, then there'd be a few rock songs in there to choose from. It annoys me when countries like Finland have the balls to put up a rock song when Britain, which has a fantastic rock heritage, seems to think that a drippy song of the type that we've had for the past ten years will win votes when in fact they're doomed to failure.

At one time, the UK entry often got into the charts in this country. When was the last time that happened? Yet for some reason the UK media seems to think that other countries should vote for crap that we ourselves don't care for...
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Love Shine a Light was a great power ballad IMO, some songs we did since then were good too :) Eg Where Are You, Come Back.