Options

Recorded programmes wrongly named

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
Forum Member
Hi there,

Bit of a strange one that has recently started happening. My Humax 9200 records programmes fine but when it logs them in the 'recorded programmes' list it tags them with the wrong name - ie the name of another programme. I can't fathom it - there doesn't seem to be any logic to it and it makes finding the recording that you're after particularly problematic. Is this a known/common problem and does anyone know the solution?

Thanks

R

Comments

• Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickL wrote: »
    Bit of a strange one that has recently started happening. My Humax 9200 records programmes fine but when it logs them in the 'recorded programmes' list it tags them with the wrong name - ie the name of another programme. I can't fathom it - there doesn't seem to be any logic to it and it makes finding the recording that you're after particularly problematic. Is this a known/common problem and does anyone know the solution?
    It is another variation on the theme of corrupt file systems. Watch (or download) any important recordings and then reformat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Thanks - I was afraid you were going to say that reformatting was the only solution :( - but if that's what it'll take I'll get onto it.

Cheers

R
  • Options
    jw75jw75 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I had that recently when recording the daily IPL broadcasts on Setanta. Several successive recordings shared the same title, even though the recordings themselves were OK. I supposed that the programmes had taken the title of the first programme, then the daily or weekday timer had copied it to the later ones.